Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you one of the pathetic fans that left early.If so shame on you.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Left after the third too. After the second we got up and stood by the exit, the moment Murray hit the back of the net I was off. Wasn't going to add an hour to the journey home to see Palace celebrate. In this case, even if the trains were brilliant, I'd have left after the third. Hopefully it sent a message to the team that they can't play that way for 70 minutes and concede 3 in the last ten minutes against our biggest rivals and expect the fans to stay and watch them until the death.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I stayed till the whistle. In my opinion fans should support their team the whole way through the game, winning or losing. It is also quite annoying for the fans that do want to stay and watch to have people walking in front of them to get out.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Not everyone lives in Brighton / Sussex mate. At 3-1 with a minute to go and with a long journey home people are within their rights to leave.
exactly as i said on another thread we got home at 3.30 i have been to every match home and away from cornwall spend a lot of time and money following the albion and will not be told when i can leave.......up yours to anyone who has a problem with it and couldnt careless what ian hart thinks !!!! cant remember the last time i left a game early but knowing they were letting palace out at the same time and seeing them celebrate i just wanted to get on the way home when muzza scored

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
exactly as i said on another thread we got home at 3.30 i have been to every match home and away from cornwall spend a lot of time and money following the albion and will not be told when i can leave.......up yours to anyone who has a problem with it and couldnt careless what ian hart thinks !!!! cant remember the last time i left a game early but knowing they were letting palace out at the same time and seeing them celebrate i just wanted to get on the way home when muzza scored

Good on yer and all the others that have to travel ... very well done indeed

To suggest the fans let the team down is laughable ... the team (or rather some of the team) let the (paying) fans down. Shocking!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Anyone who has a go at the mass exodus at 3 - 1 needs to grow up, it's the people that left at 1 - 1 or even before that need to be taken to a field and shot.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sorry if already mentioned but 'after match drink takings' must have been lowest so far this season. And I guess pre match probably highest!

Albionroar

Sep 22, 2011
Dorset
I stayed to bitter end, felt sick, but pride should see you through. If the fans are giving up then the players will. Maybe late to come back once it was 1-2, but leaving at 1-1 is tantamount to treason. Unless you always do to miis the crowds for a reason. The fans need to give their all, win or lose, Palarse or pompey.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I stayed to bitter end, felt sick, but pride should see you through. If the fans are giving up then the players will. Maybe late to come back once it was 1-2, but leaving at 1-1 is tantamount to treason. Unless you always do to miis the crowds for a reason. The fans need to give their all, win or lose, Palarse or pompey.

The players never had anything to give up, their hearts clearly werent in it from the word go.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend

Agreed.

I have nearly 100 mile journey home, and with having to be at work at 6am, can't afford to be stuck in queues for hours on a midweek game. I have been to every home game as well as Leicester away, so it isn't a question of support. I will support and back the club until my last breath, but that was such a shocking capitulation, they didn't deserve me hanging about to dodge the aggro afterwards.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but everyone has their reasons to stay or go, and we should respect that.

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
i left early with my 5 year old son...for your information the trains were a f*cking mess last night we spent approx 45 mins sitting on stationary trains herded in like animals....good opening 45 mins followed by complete sh*te in the 2nd half...at least Dicker has the balls to apologise to the fans....yes i am a season ticket holder and have been 4 15 years i supported the albion home and away for many more years does it really mean im pathetic to leave early with my son in the hope of not putting him through having to stand on the train to brighton....i want him to enjoy the albion as i have for many years to come and don't want him put of by substandard travel arranagements for supporters and stupid meatheads pushing us all over the place to get on the train....shame on you harty shame on you

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Good, keep walking don't come back!

You really do have issues don't you
Well for your information sunshine I will be walking back into the gates of the Amex at the very first opportunity I have which will be the Hull match. I shall also be bothering the gates at Portman Road on Saturday. Will I leave early at either match - yes if I want to because I decide what I do and you don't. You've no right to come on here and criticise what others do - you don't know my circumstances or indeed the circumstances of any other fan who leaves early.
You can stay all night sleeping under the West Stand to cover yourself in glory or soak up the last drop of shit but I have better things to do and I will continue to do as I wish not as you wish.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
:clap2:
It's a fair cop - anyone want a WSU season ticket? Happy to take £200 for it.

While I'm at it I'll erase all my memories of Gillignahm, Withdean and away trips to Oldham, Burnley, Selhurst (5-0 and 0-1) and Wrexham.

I'll also get the club badge etched into my skin removed. In fact I'll hack it out myself with a razor.

Now come on, let's face it, if the second had gone in with 10 minutes, ra ther than one minute, to go then far fewer people would have left. As it was we had been poor for 69 minutes and that was the second goal we had let in in nine minutes. A chance of a comeback? Yes, in theory, but the way we were playing? Well, it was proved that the game did contain one more goal - sadly it was for them.

Why did I leave? Well, I was almost physically sick when the second went in, I couldn't face the sight of them celebrating at the final whistle being etched on my memory and, to be honest, I have to be up at 6am for work and I wanted to get home. It was a painful decision (albeit made in a nanosecond) but one that proved to be the correct on in terms of my mental health.

To be honest, I considered leaving at 1-0, the tension was unbearable. Winning but playing badly, nervous tension transmitting itself from the stands to the pitch and back again.

Still, what's done is done - the players needed a lift and as a crowd we didn't provide it. tension bred tension and there were a lot of disappointed people in Sussex and beyond last night.

But there will be other days. We're fifth in the league having picked up one point from a possible nine. We've got an international break to look forward to. We've got a brilliant stadium and a team that we know is a lot better than last night suggested.

It doesn't stop the hurt right now but we're in a better position than we have been in my lifetime. This is a painful blip but the trajectory is still the right one - on and off the pitch.

Great reply to a pathetic post.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
:clap:
You really do have issues don't you
Well for your information sunshine I will be walking back into the gates of the Amex at the very first opportunity I have which will be the Hull match. I shall also be bothering the gates at Portman Road on Saturday. Will I leave early at either match - yes if I want to because I decide what I do and you don't. You've no right to come on here and criticise what others do - you don't know my circumstances or indeed the circumstances of any other fan who leaves early.
You can stay all night sleeping under the West Stand to cover yourself in glory or soak up the last drop of shit but I have better things to do and I will continue to do as I wish not as you wish.

This.

sparky999

Aug 5, 2011
again, left when murray scored the third....

£33.00 a ticket, ill f*** off when i want to....

there is some pricks on this site.....!!!
its sad they are brighton fans....

bhadiv1

Apr 28, 2009
Saltdean
Ian Hart on radio after match said he was most shocked by our own fans who walked out early.
My pride would not let me get up from my seat until final whistle.

I am a season ticket holder in the East stand and when Murrey scored the third all that was left in my row was myself and my 9 year old son.
Now i appreciate that in the East stand people leave early for a number of reasons, avoiding travel delays getting the kids home at a reasonable time, and avoiding potential trouble etc.
Having stayed to the end supporting my team, when I finally got on the train I gave some of the Brighton fans a slating for leaving early and not supporting the team, for which I apoligise but I was in such a bad mood having lost to palace.
Personally I never leave a game early and feel that especially when things
are not going well it is the time to stand up and be counted and show your support for the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here