Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you one of the pathetic fans that left early.If so shame on you.

broadwaterseagull

Mar 20, 2010
worthing
its alright for ian hart the cucumber and prawn club saying that when they have parking outside the ground when i took a five year old on the train when i got to the ground with palace and brighton shouting abuse at each other i just wanted my five year old tucked in bed safe

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
It's a fair cop - anyone want a WSU season ticket? Happy to take £200 for it.

While I'm at it I'll erase all my memories of Gillignahm, Withdean and away trips to Oldham, Burnley, Selhurst (5-0 and 0-1) and Wrexham.

I'll also get the club badge etched into my skin removed. In fact I'll hack it out myself with a razor.

Now come on, let's face it, if the second had gone in with 10 minutes, ra ther than one minute, to go then far fewer people would have left. As it was we had been poor for 69 minutes and that was the second goal we had let in in nine minutes. A chance of a comeback? Yes, in theory, but the way we were playing? Well, it was proved that the game did contain one more goal - sadly it was for them.

Why did I leave? Well, I was almost physically sick when the second went in, I couldn't face the sight of them celebrating at the final whistle being etched on my memory and, to be honest, I have to be up at 6am for work and I wanted to get home. It was a painful decision (albeit made in a nanosecond) but one that proved to be the correct on in terms of my mental health.

To be honest, I considered leaving at 1-0, the tension was unbearable. Winning but playing badly, nervous tension transmitting itself from the stands to the pitch and back again.

Still, what's done is done - the players needed a lift and as a crowd we didn't provide it. tension bred tension and there were a lot of disappointed people in Sussex and beyond last night.

But there will be other days. We're fifth in the league having picked up one point from a possible nine. We've got an international break to look forward to. We've got a brilliant stadium and a team that we know is a lot better than last night suggested.

It doesn't stop the hurt right now but we're in a better position than we have been in my lifetime. This is a painful blip but the trajectory is still the right one - on and off the pitch.

With 4 minutes of injury time + a minute of normal time still to go, it genuinely bewilders me that anyone would happily miss the opportunity to see us potentially grab a late equaliser. Some people like leaving early to miss the traffic. Doesn't make sense to me but people are different.

Like I said though, huge difference leaving at 3-1 (as the vast majority did).

Game of opinions though, and please don't scrape off your tattoo - sounds horrendously painful.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
In view of the teams poor second half display I understood those who left the ground when Palace scored their second goal,particularly at an evening game when a few minutes can result in a much better arrival time home,I waited until the third goal
and suffered a thirty minute queue for the bus.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Anyone who has a go at the mass exodus at 3 - 1 needs to grow up, it's the people that left at 1 - 1 or even before that need to be taken to a field and shot.

What the f*** are you on about ? It was not the score that drove many folk away . it is the transport system from the Amex . If we had been winning in the last minute would you have said the same ? As i said earlier , i have a 4 hr drive each way for a home game so 2mins fom full time can make a diffrence of an Hr on the journey home . grow up you twat !!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Ahh, memories. I can just about make myself out at the front of those Brighton fans being held up outside the pub. I'd actually just had a Subway and me and my mate got penned in with everyone else whilst nonchalantly heading to the station. Ended up stuck there for half an hour, desperate for a piss, and had to make them a little video diary with my silly mug all over it. Ridiculous.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
everyone who left early on tuesday made us look stupid in front of the palace scum. no matter who were playing no matter if were 8-0 down you stay till the end unless its so important to leave we need to show the lads support even if they f*** it up

What's an important enough reason to leave early? Everyone has their reasons just as everyone has their reasons for staying until the final whistle. I left at 1-2 but I'd have left if we were winning 8-0 with only injury time to play out. The reason is the piss poor journey home (it's only fifteen miles but it seems like it would be quicker if I crawled) and the way I see it I've done my supporting in the previous 90 minutes-for all the good it did last night. My money, my season ticket, my choice. Not yours or anyone else's and especially not some teenage keyboard warrior's.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ian Hart on radio after match said he was most shocked by our own fans who walked out early.
My pride would not let me get up from my seat until final whistle.

holy crap has everyone lost their sense? 3-1 down and a couple of minutes to go,i think the only people that stayed are lunatics
no i didnt run off to the train or run to get a bus early,my mate and i ran and bought a pint in the bar so we didnt have to hear the final whistle and before we heard " is this your fire drill" ringing in our ears.

calling your fellow fans pathetic is well quite simply pathetic.....lunatics is quite ok though!

it does make me wonder if you have ever been to football more than twice in your life or ever watched match of the day........ever .... if the concept of fans leaving early winds you up enough to start a post on here

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
No sorry Brovian I dont consider playing them at Withdean was on an even keel, it was our temporary stadium with a very limited capacity, last night was the first time since 1988 that we'd played them at home with a large capacity at a decent ground. (As was the Goldstone in its day)

And I dont think there's a class issue, of 'Im a better fan than you.....", like I said having to go back into the lounge with a smattering of Palace fans the walk out, for whatever reasons travel or perfromnce, was viewed as good old fashioned bad losing and the behaviour of fickle fans (Which I dont think we are)

Although you won't welcome a post by a Palace fan, I think you were dead right in what you said Ian (whoever you are?) It was a disgrace and it did look bad in front of your fiercest rivals. I must admit though, it was the cherry on top of the cake for me!

Albion Rob

With 4 minutes of injury time + a minute of normal time still to go, it genuinely bewilders me that anyone would happily miss the opportunity to see us potentially grab a late equaliser. Some people like leaving early to miss the traffic. Doesn't make sense to me but people are different.

Like I said though, huge difference leaving at 3-1 (as the vast majority did).

Game of opinions though, and please don't scrape off your tattoo - sounds horrendously painful.

:smile: Yes, I wasn't looking forward to taking a razor to it - go in for a deep cut or shave it off layer by layer, who knows?

I think the whole second half (and to be honest, the majority of the first) had been so deflating that a glorious late equaliser just never looked on. I guess you could say I was playing percentages on this one. I take abbsolutely zero joy from the thought that (in terms of whop scored the remaining goal) it was the right decision - I'd much rather have been celebrating on the stairs or outside the ground and watching Sky Sports News all night to catch a glimps of Dicker's glorious leveller.

Oh well, like you say, it's each to their own,l isn't it. I suppose it's a (personal) measure of how terrible the evening was that the blind optimism I usually bring with me evaporated completely at about 70 minutes and I was just sitting there feeling dizzy and sick.

On to Portman Road - three points there and things will keel markedly better.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I left after the 2nd goal, and I don't even feel guilty for it, the 2nd half was an embarrassment, Palace wanted that so much more than we did.
I hate to say I told you so, but I've been saying all week, that Palace shouldn't have been under estimated, when most on here were saying we'd turn them over.
I'm not to sure if our players & management knew just how much that game meant to us fan's, if they did perhaps they would have made a little more effort in the 2nd half.
So no, bollocks I don't feel guilty for walking out, I didn't want to listen to the scum lording it over us.

Oh, is it your birthday today WHP? Well happy birthday from me. It was a bit premature but I hope you enjoyed your present from us on Tuesday!!! :lolol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
dont know what games youve been to or seen on tv, but ive never seen an exodus like last night at stamford bridge, and certainly not aganst our closest rivals.

No but I have seen Chelsea fans boo the team off at half time with the score at 0-0 so hardly uber fans either

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What the f*** are you on about ? It was not the score that drove many folk away . it is the transport system from the Amex . If we had been winning in the last minute would you have said the same ? As i said earlier , i have a 4 hr drive each way for a home game so 2mins fom full time can make a diffrence of an Hr on the journey home . grow up you twat !!

You idiot. Of course it was the score. Conceding 3 goals in about 10 minutes to your fiercest rivals and putting in a pathetic performance for three quarters of the game was the reason people left. Had the score remained 1-0 most would have stayed.

liam t cpfc

were the red n blue army
Jan 27, 2012
bump just to let you know theres a train at 20:41 that will get you home by 21:26
or 20:53 gets to brighton at 21:30

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
bump just to let you know theres a train at 20:41 that will get you home by 21:26

I assume you know this through personal experiences?

MCW

Jan 5, 2012

f*** off you scum.Palarse left the Goldstone so early in the 70's they got home for Airwolf,amd that was on ITV at 4:30.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It will be VERY interesting to see how many Palace fans are still around should we be a couple of goals up on Tuesday with 5 mins left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here