Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward Off to Burnley?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I am not saying we should be paying stupid wages doing a Portsmouth, but we often get lauded about how great attendances are, how much beer is drunk, how many pies eaten, WHILST having some of the most expensive tickets in the Championship, yet it has been CONFIRMED our budget is mid-table, and we are going backwards in our transfer dealings. How are all these other clubs managing on MUCH smaller attendances and income?

I really think Bloom is out of his depth, and doesn't know what he has let himself in for now. He has this ideal nirvana around FFP, but we've gone too far with it. By the time clubs are getting 'fined', we'll have lost a few thousand season ticket holders no doubt

We also have over £10 million in transfer fees received !

****ing joke that we can't make any marquee signings

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I know , terrible .....Bridge and award were a disaster the last two years

Sorry. What I meant was that I'm tired of having to rely on loanees who almost always bugger off after a successful season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't worry Kev. We'll still have a "competitive" squad in place by 1 Sep. :rolleyes:

Yeah right. The football world is a very small community, all agents and players alike will be looking on and seeing exactly what's going on. We need to put a marker down and soon, like now!!!!....or we are in very real danger this season. I wouldn't blame Hyypia if he is royally pissed right off. Even David Blaine couldn't get this squad in the top half of the table with the current squad.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Burke!!!!
Get f***ing Riise in QUICK

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Oh, they will have. Palace made something like £70 million from PL TV last year. We will have made maybe £4 million.

Can't blame Ward. My issue is the club procrastinating for weeks over the deal when it was clear he wanted to come here and Wolves wanted to sell.

I don't think the club have said anything about Ward its the papers and social media.

That does not excuse the fact this is a ****ing nightmare!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nobody is denying they were good for us, but look where it has left us.

It's left us the same as usual.... Get someone to fill a position that's one of the least important on the pitch . Had this been a striker or keeper I would have been worried, left back ?

....nah

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Absolutely pathetic.

We tried to be to clever and engineer the perfect deal.

He could have been our player months ago instead we have gifted Burnley a cut price deal.

The three B's must be feeling rather stupid at the moment.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Everyone is assuming this story is true again !!!! Could just be the agent squeezing Brighton .... Although burnley have expressed interest in him before

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I want something from the club, to explain this, at least something saying that they're pissed off with Ward and it's not their fault

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
This could really piss Bloom off and kick off a serious splashing of the cash....

Or am I in a dream world ;-)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Funnily enough, we rarely seem to encounter any hitches when we sell players.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
How do you know this is all Wards fault?

It's not.

Unfortunately there's too many people on here incapable of seeing fault in anything the three B's do.

This deal should have been sorted weeks ago. We could clearly afford the player (offer accepted today). This is about the club trying to get him on the cheap. Everything we do at the minute is about getting something for nothing. If we'd offered the asking price on the 01 Jul chances are he'd be a Brighton player already.

We've got no one else to blame but ourselves

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I actually think, when the dust settles and we know what we have got, Bloom will come out and apologise. Hes always been honest eventually, and I think he will hold his hands up and say we got it wrong. 2 beyond poor transfer windows

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here