Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward Off to Burnley?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
An absolute farce. From start to finish this transfer window has been ****ing dreadful

No ifs buts or maybe's....****ing dreadful

Bloom, Barber and Burke need to take a long hard look at themselves tonight.

I appreciate what Mr Bloom had done for the club but that does not give him immunity from criticism. This window had been a **** up from start to finish. He needs to show some of his "leadership" qualities, grow a pair of balls and finally sort this recruitment policy out once and for all because there's clearly a fundament flaw in how we are doing things.

January wasn't much better

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Ward going to Burnley

He will be sat on the bench and I doubt Burnley have the funds to pay him a lot more than we would

Oh, they will have. Palace made something like £70 million from PL TV last year. We will have made maybe £4 million.

Can't blame Ward. My issue is the club procrastinating for weeks over the deal when it was clear he wanted to come here and Wolves wanted to sell.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Exactly what I was thinking

I wouldn't blame him. Our approach to the purchase of players in this transfer window (so far) has been little short of a bloody shambles.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
BURKE DOES NOT HOLD THE PURSE STRINGS FFS! I really don't understand how our chairman is so immune from blame. Bet a load of the lickers on here were also the ones lapping up the shit Archer & co were giving out when they came in..

Comparing Tony Bloom to Archer and Belotti - you are full of sh*t.

Of all of what I have read tonight, this is the most pathetic - and that has taken some doing - congratulations !!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Point is losing out on a top striker is gutting, a left back though?

Won't be hard to fill either by loan or transfer

Great. Just what we need. A loanee.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Clayton did the same to Middlesbrough, but still signed for them.

Hopefully the same will happen to us.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
We're doomed, well league one will be fun, crowds of 6,000 every week, No income, I hope your proud of yourselves club for wasting time on something that could've happened weeks if not months ago

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Comparing Tony Bloom to Archer and Belotti - you are full of sh*t.

Of all of what I have read tonight, this is the most pathetic - and that has taken some doing - congratulations !!

I didn't compare them did I. Anyway you carry on defending and licking the club :bowdown:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why would he walk from this job because of transfer dealings when his job in Germany meant he had absolutely no say on them? What difference does it make?

Simply because the lack of quality in the side will make his job of building and managing a competitive Championship side next to impossible.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Grabban was poor, I admit - we should have coughed up, no excuses.
Ward may or may not be down to the club - they need to open up about this, same with Clayton.

Inept penny pinchers ? Id rather our club were sensible with money and didnt over pay and spunk it on stupidly high wages and fees, but hey, if you want our club to be running up massive losses then thats you. Id rather be supporting a sustainable club than one that could end up becoming the next Portsmouth.

Ah yes of course, the club not spending itself into massive debts is bad these days, such is the delusion with football fans.......

Will we look so clever if we get relegated whilst 'saving money'?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Or maybe we are just inept penny pinchers, trying to screw down on every deal to save money. I did hear that agents hate dealing with us because of it, and will always try and find another deal.

I can completely believe this. Yes football needs to change, but BHAFC cannot do it alone overnight Tony, till then we need to be a bit more flexible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here