** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We will lose more than £2.5 million worth of season tickets over this one. Worst transfer out, EVER! Unnecessary, I think.

You reckon we'll lose 5000 season ticket holders because we sold Buckley? Wow.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We will lose more than £2.5 million worth of season tickets over this one. Worst transfer out, EVER! Unnecessary, I think.

That'll be the player who had one or maybe two good games last season and can barely beat a player any more. If he's suddenly become fit and a speed merchant again and could play 40 odd games a season then it's a big loss but, if not, then it's a good deal. Assuming of course he's replaced.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bruno ** being generous as think he's past it
Greer **
Hughes **
Dunk **
Stephens **
Crofts **
Agustien
O'Grady **
Mackail-Smith **
Calderon
Chicksen **
Forster-Caskey
Maksimenko
Fenelon **
Ince **
LuaLua **
March **
Toko **
Harris

**These are the ones that are actually half decent or have potential:D

That's 14 players left and to be frank many of those really are not upto it,could easily wipe another 5 off that list.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
That'll be the player who had one or maybe two good games last season and can barely beat a player any more. If he's suddenly become fit and a speed merchant again and could play 40 odd games a season then it's a big loss but, if not, then it's a good deal. Assuming of course he's replaced.

This. His value to the team recently is massively overrated. He isnt the same player as in his first season, cashing in now is probably the right idea.

Hopefully a sell-on clause has been added too, in case he (somehow) overcomes his fitness issues and becomes worth some money.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Only KLL left then with any flair.

This for me is behind much of the apathy we are seeing from many fans this year. We seem to be evolving into a squad full of good honest journeymen, void of the handful of players that excite you when you see their name on the team sheet.

I know we have a few promising youngsters coming through so its not all doom and gloom but right now, only KLL is one of those really exciting players who can do the unexpected.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
If Buckley is so ineffectual, a has-been, never turns up for games and injury prone, as some would have you believe, why are Sunderland (and Poyet knows Buckley's strengths and weaknesses inside out) coughing up £2.5m?

Because he's quality.

Let's hope there's quality coming in, in terms of forwards in those last few days of the transfer window. If not, to rely on the likes of Agustien will seal a relegation fight.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Personally I don't think Buckley is good enough to play in the premier league.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Post of the day, that's taking into account some too quality drivel so give yourself a pat on the back. Just be careful not to miss and slap yourself in the face!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If Buckley is so ineffectual, a has-been, never turns up for games and injury prone, as some would have you believe, why are Sunderland (and Poyet knows Buckley's strengths and weaknesses inside out) coughing up £2.5m?

Because he's quality.

Let's hope there's quality coming in, in terms of forwards in those last few days of the transfer window. If not, to rely on the likes of Agustien will seal a relegation fight.
He is more than quality on his day,he's a £10 million winger....Those days came and went:lolol:

I would take march over buckley any day of the week :)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Because he's quality.

They are paying £2.5m because he CAN be effective and that money in the prem is peanuts tbh.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Because he's quality.

He is quality but honestly how many times has he shown that quality over the last two season?
My lasting memory of his will be a match towards the end of last season, Buckley ambling on to the pitch before kick off, walking to the touchline whilst SBTS was playing, taking a tablet, rubbing deep heat onto his wobbly hamstrings and then spending 20 minutes barely breaking into a jog before sitting down for the nth time during the last couple of seasons and being substituted yet again. On his day though, he was fantastic.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Because he's quality.

No, its because he is overrated and TB is clearly pretty good at milking clubs for extra money. I highly doubt £2.5M was their first bid as not ALL player bids will be publicised in the media. He was injured way too much last season and only had 1 or 2 decent games. Had this of been last Summer, then he would have been worth much more. The only mistake the club made was not selling him in January as we would have easily made more. Can you REALLY honestly say he was as good last season as his first season with us ? Absolutely not.

And thumbs down this again if you like just because I completely disagree with what I have posted again.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
No, its because he is overrated and TB is clearly pretty good at milking clubs for extra money. I highly doubt £2.5M was their first bid as not ALL player bids will be publicised in the media. He was injured way too much last season and only had 1 or 2 decent games. Had this of been last Summer, then he would have been worth much more. The only mistake the club made was not selling him in January as we would have easily made more. Can you REALLY honestly say he was as good last season as his first season with us ? Absolutely not.

And thumbs down this again if you like just because I completely disagree with what I have posted again.

I think the truth is somewhere in between.
Suspect he wasn't interested in playing last year.

Feb 14, 2010
Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa and even Vicente were so good for us that they won us promotion.. except they didnt. They were a part of a squad that failed, we are selling it and assembling another one that hopefully might be man enough to do the job.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa and even Vicente were so good for us that they won us promotion.. except they didnt. They were a part of a squad that failed, we are selling it and assembling another one that hopefully might be man enough to do the job.

They took us pretty bloody close though, and now we're left with a laughable squad and can't/won't compete on wages. Chris O'Grady hardly represents and promotion chasing squad over haul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports