Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm a little disappointed that we seem to have meekly agreed to the first price Sunderland offered though, if this proves true.

You'd think we would have tried to haggle higher, unless we did behind the scenes and got nowhere.

Unless people are just reporting the initial bid as the final price. The bridcutt deal was reported as 3.5m, bozza seemed to suggest he had reliable info that it was closer to 5m.

Or maybe, as I think someone might have posited on here yesterday, Buckley has a release clause that was met with a 2.5m bid from the premier league.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Have we got any players left? This is getting weird.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Didnt [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] say on here that Buckley was more than happy here last year, thus he didn't press for a move to the Prem despite knowing there was interest, unlike Bridcutt...

Yeah, but all his mates have left now.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Whether it's gut feeling or deluded optimism I don't know but I get the feeling Buckley going will signal the turn around in our transfer dealings and it will be onwards and upwards from there on.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Unless people are just reporting the initial bid as the final price. The bridcutt deal was reported as 3.5m, bozza seemed to suggest he had reliable info that it was closer to 5m.

Or maybe, as I think someone might have posited on here yesterday, Buckley has a release clause that was met with a 2.5m bid from the premier league.
How doe's that work then?
We turned down £5 million not that long ago,why would we then change it to a £2.5 million release clause?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Am I the only person not that bothered by the departure of Buckley? Promised far more than he could actually deliver. Anything 2.5m or greater is pretty decent imho. Let's hope we do get replacements in asap though!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Am I the only person not that bothered by the departure of Buckley? Promised far more than he could actually deliver. Anything 2.5m or greater is pretty decent imho. Let's hope we do get replacements in asap though!
Most i doubt are fussed as he's been pointless for ages...People are frustrated with the lack of signings more than certain players leaving.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How doe's that work then?
We turned down £5 million not that long ago,why would we then change it to a £2.5 million release clause?

Turned down 5m gave him a new contract that he only agreed to with the clause (with a time frame on it, ie only counts from the start of next season, to prevent someone coming back as soon as the contract is signed) added?
Maybe the supposed 5m offer was overstated (either wasn't really that much, or would only be that much in the event he played 35 prem games in one season, scored 10 goals, and played for England in five competitive games)?
Maybe the 2.5m has add ons that take it over 6m but aren't being reported, and the 6m covers the release clause?

Maybe it has nothing to do wi the release clause, it was just something that had been suggested and might explain a low figure.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 11s
Buckley move to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal. #bhafc

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Apparently confirmed, 3 year deal.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Attachments