Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa and even Vicente were so good for us that they won us promotion.. except they didnt. They were a part of a squad that failed, we are selling it and assembling another one that hopefully might be man enough to do the job.

Partly true, so far, but we are all still waiting for the ASSEMBLING bit! Still time to go until the 1st Sept.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why would we lose ticket sales?
Not been the same player since Gus left...clearly his head not been right ever since
Plus he is a sick note and can't play more than a few games without hamstring playing up
Having said that at his prime he was a joy to behold

Harris was the final straw. Lots of people were saying Tiltman all over again. I wish I had not bought my season ticket right now.

It is too expensive and too much hassle with the trains to put up with boring football as well.

I was a bit mystified with the tactics against Cheltenham, but there was a wide open space on the right.

Two good goals from the Albion though.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Just imagine this scenario . . . what if we sell all our wingers because Sami wants to play backs as wing backs, then he leaves the Albion for pastures new and our new manager wants to play with wingers, Oh crap!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Just imagine this scenario . . . what if we sell all our wingers because Sami wants to play backs as wing backs, then he leaves the Albion for pastures new and our new manager wants to play with wingers, Oh crap!

That doesn't bear thinking about. It would be just our luck too, hope you're not tempting fate there! :lol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We are literally FFP GODS. Who have we got left to sell? I reckon Ince for £2m, March £750k, Dunk £1m, Lualua £750k......that's another £4.5m. We could break even at this rate.

:)

One day, March will be sold for a LOT more than that combined. He is going to be an outstanding player.

(Probably not by us, and we will already have sold him for £3.94 plus a set of kit.)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Harris was the final straw. Lots of people were saying Tiltman all over again.

They really weren't though, were they. Not unless everyone who sits around you is as mad as you are.

Harris is a highly rated development squad midfielder, who was put on the bench in a league cup first round tie against league two opponents.

Tiltman was an older player, a striker, plucked from local non league and put into the first team, at the expense of the brilliant Dean Saunders.

To compare the two situations, you'd have to be very odd indeed.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At the expense of the brilliant Will Buckley

They really weren't though, were they. Not unless everyone who sits around you is as mad as you are.

at the expense of the brilliant Dean Saunders.

And they thought of Tiltman before I did. I just thought we had run out of players, at first.

Harris might be a good player on day, but he does not look to have any pace.

Dean Saunders would have been brilliant if he had any pace as well.

After the Tiltman affair the gate nose-dived and the fans did not come back until the Amex was built. Now I expect a fair few of them to the tune of more than £2.5 million a season to leave again. I think it is too late for any signings to make any difference now.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
After the Tiltman affair the gate nose-dived and the fans did not come back until the Amex was built. Now I expect a fair few of them to the tune of more than £2.5 million a season to leave again. I think it is too late for any signings to make any difference now.

It is FIVE days into the season, FFS. Get a grip.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Well done, that has to be the biggest load of tosh I have ever seen written on NSC, and against the competition that is some mean feat! If you are NOT on a wind up then you must be the village idiot !

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Trying to think of a winger that I would like to replace Will Buckley. He would have to be as fast. The only one I can think of is Roland Lamah Not so good.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
And they thought of Tiltman before I did. I just thought we had run out of players, at first.

Harris might be a good player on day, but he does not look to have any pace.

Dean Saunders would have been brilliant if he had any pace as well.

I never know whether agree or disagree with you because I can never understand what your on about!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
2.5m is a good price, I'd sell him for that!

I'm a little disappointed that we seem to have meekly agreed to the first price Sunderland offered though, if this proves true.

You'd think we would have tried to haggle higher, unless we did behind the scenes and got nowhere.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm a little disappointed that we seem to have meekly agreed to the first price Sunderland offered though, if this proves true.

You'd think we would have tried to haggle higher, unless we did behind the scenes and got nowhere.

He isn't worth that much just like Leo wasn't worth 8mill, we've mugged both teams off!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He isn't worth that much just like Leo wasn't worth 8mill, we've mugged both teams off!

Until quite recently I would have agreed with you.

But the market has changed, prices are more ridiculous than ever. If Shane Long goes for £12 million, McCormack £11 million etc, then £2.5 million for Will doesn't seem that much, especially after we reportedly turned down £5 million for him - was it last year?

It's all spiralling out of control and surely cannot be sustainable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here