Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Goodbye Will, affectionately know as the Buckaroo in our part of the West Stand. You were my favorite player and I always looked forward to watching you play.

2.5m is a good deal for us based on form and injuries of the last 2 seasons and, to be honest, you don't suit the new style of play.

I just hope that, by the end of August, we have brought in someone who is just as exciting to watch as you at your best, who does fit the system.

Last tip, move to Newcastle....its much nicer than Sunderland! (Wife's a Geordie and and shes holding my season ticket to ransom)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Amazed there's not better options for a prem team but as long as fee is good I'm not fussed as he's injury prone. Would be majorly annoyed if went on cheap though without a replacement in

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looks like another has been culled. I've heard of culling seagulls but this is getting ridiculous as It seems we've no Intent on getting a replacement In.

Yep. No intent to replace at all. We are going to go through the season with 15 outfield players.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think we've 16 left - I was allowing for one more!

Harris was on the bench last night

Bruno
Greer
Hughes
Dunk
Stephens
Crofts
Agustien
O'Grady
Mackail-Smith
Calderon
Chicksen
Forster-Caskey
Maksimenko
Fenelon
Ince
LuaLua
March
Toko
Harris

I make it 19. Perhaps you meant we were going to sell 4.

LuaLua, CMS, and I suppose Ince and March? Or would we get rid of international player Greer?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Bruno
Greer
Hughes
Dunk
Stephens
Crofts
Agustien
O'Grady
Mackail-Smith
Calderon
Chicksen
Forster-Caskey
Maksimenko
Fenelon
Ince
LuaLua
March
Toko
Harris

LuaLua, CMS, and I suppose Ince and March? Or would we get rid of international player Greer?

Woefully short on quality this year.
We need at least 3 players who are better than anything we have, by September.

I am going to go home and urinate on the bed, gnash my teeth, wail a bit while wringing my hands and the cat may well take a boot if it comes in range.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Bruno
Greer
Hughes
Dunk
Stephens
Crofts
Agustien
O'Grady
Mackail-Smith
Calderon
Chicksen
Forster-Caskey
Maksimenko
Fenelon
Ince
LuaLua
March
Toko
Harris

I wasn't counting Harris, Maximenko or Fenelon as members of the first team squad. They are (or at least should be) fringe players - members of the DS who get the occassion squad place through necessity.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Can't get too worked up over this one I'm afraid. Good deal for us imho. Cheers for the £2.5m Sunderland. Good luck Will.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I wasn't counting Harris, Maximenko or Fenelon as members of the first team squad. They are (or at least should be) fringe players - members of the DS who get the occassion squad place through necessity.

Well two of them have had game time and the other sat on the bench already, so they have to come into the equation.

PG

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Harris Tiltman

We will lose more than £2.5 million worth of season tickets over this one. Worst transfer out, EVER! Unnecessary, I think.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Why would we lose ticket sales?
Not been the same player since Gus left...clearly his head not been right ever since
Plus he is a sick note and can't play more than a few games without hamstring playing up
Having said that at his prime he was a joy to behold

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We are literally FFP GODS. Who have we got left to sell? I reckon Ince for £2m, March £750k, Dunk £1m, Lualua £750k......that's another £4.5m. We could break even at this rate.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here