Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anonymous other than the assist (thank you) and presentable chance that clipped the bar.

Poor man’s Mitoma…..

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think RDZ’s thoughts on Trossard can be summed up by the first 20 minutes or so of the game.
Martinelli on the pitch - Mitoma on the right to back up Moises.
Trossard on pitch - Encisco on right and basically telling Moises you got this easy

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do we think he went to the runaway leaders at the time, thinking he was guaranteed a Premier League winners medal?
No I think he just went to a relatively big club to further his career. He did have the chance of a winners medal, but it was never guaranteed.

He threw a strop to do it, but still, none of this gloating sits well with me.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
No I think he just went to a relatively big club to further his career. He did have the chance of a winners medal, but it was never guaranteed.

Sits extremely well with me. Players / managers don’t have to disrespect the club who employ them, their own teammates and the fans who support them. They can be respectful and classy not throw strops and be childish like Trossard.
Trossard disrespected us as fans by his behaviour and attitude - good riddance and that win and performance was karma.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anonymous other than the assist (thank you) and presentable chance that clipped the bar.

Poor man’s Mitoma…..
I think anonymous is a bit harsh.
He was doing his stuff and sometimes that's more than enough, just not when the opposition know exactly what is stuff is.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I'm sure we all fully understand that players might move on to further their career and earn more money BUT, you can either leave like Potter, Bissouma, Trossard & Cucurella and get booed for your lack of respect (either words, actions or both) when you play us in the future OR do it like Dan Burn and you'll forever have a welcome at the Amex and get respect back from us. It's not rocket science and just speaks volumes about the individual.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sure we all fully understand that players might move on to further their career and earn more money BUT, you can either leave like Potter, Bissouma, Trossard & Cucurella and get booed for your lack of respect (either words, actions or both) when you play us in the future OR do it like Dan Burn and you'll forever have a welcome at the Amex and get respect back from us. It's not rocket science and just speaks volumes about the individual.
Bissouma? F**k me, what's HE done wrong?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This is true, as are a lot of the above statements.

But it's almost so common in football now, it's almost like players have to go through this agent led charade as a way of ensuring the deal they want goes through.

It's as common as falling back onto the pitch after an injury. I have no taste for it, but do probably have a weary acceptance now

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

There are ways to leave for a bigger club, and there are ways to leave for a bigger club.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bissouma? No problem for me. Cucurella and Trossard agitating for a move is annoying but it irks me rather than enrages me. We have had Dunk in the past and Caicedo recently put some pressure on the club to push a move away along, it's just one of dem tings that happens in football.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There are ways to leave for a bigger club, and there are ways to leave for a bigger club.
Yes, I know people don't like stroppy players who throw a tantrum on the way out. I get that and I don't normally have time for it either. But Trossard had been with us for a few years and performed well overall (a bit crap in the winter, but what a player when the sun was out).

The fact is he fell out with the manager, much like Sanchez seems to have done. I don't recall Trossard disrespecting the club. tbh.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
This is true, as are a lot of the above statements.

But it's almost so common in football now, it's almost like players have to go through this agent led charade as a way of ensuring the deal they want goes through.

It's as common as falling back onto the pitch after an injury. I have no taste for it, but do probably have a weary acceptance now
possibly, but once the deals done they can easily send a well thought out message to the fans through social media, thanking them for their support and explaining it was a difficult decision but you want to try and further your career blah blah blah - Well that's what I would do as a minimum anyway

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you mean you havent see him pissing himself laughing at the camera as he walked in after Spurs got their disgraceful VAR win against us at White Hart Lane ???
Bissouma was always laughing at something. Arsenal took offence at him laughing when we beat them with him in the team, and he was actually laughing at one of our coaches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here