[Albion] Trossard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Several times last night when he was out wide left he tried to beat a player. He couldn't do it. Does not have Mitoma's pace or trickery.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We really missed him at Wembley. But that was also the first time I’d thought that since he left.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Several times last night when he was out wide left he tried to beat a player. He couldn't do it. Does not have Mitoma's pace or trickery.
No, and Mitoma get as many assists as Trossard, but why would he, they're completely different styles of wide player. Trossard is more pass and move, Mitoma is more direct.

Anyway, in answer to the OP, of course Trossard would fit into this side. He's a very good player indeed

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He came in, did his dues, gave us some great moments, got his move, earned us a few quid, will play in the CL next season.

That’s what we’re all about isn’t it?

I’ll applaud him when he’s next at the Amex
A pretty good summation there. I'll applaud him too.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
His goal against Spurs at their place last season meant a huge amount to me. Until that point, I
never thought we could go away and beat the 'top' teams. But that changed my perception of us as a club
(I know we beat Arsenal the week before?) But I hold no grudges - and will applaud him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We really missed him at Wembley. But that was also the first time I’d thought that since he left.
We only missed the 'rosy specs' version though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He came in, did his dues, gave us some great moments, got his move, earned us a few quid, will play in the CL next season.

Exactly this.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
All our top players sold in the past few years would still be useful to deepen our squad - Biss, White, Burn, Cucu, Tross - they are all still quality players and moved to Big 6/7 clubs in the natural order of things but we recruit, develop and sell on and replace with better - Caceido, Pervis, Mitoma, etc
What’s the point of looking back?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Pushing to one side the Trossard that sulked about at Charlton, Southampton and Arsenal, he gave us some great moments, key goals and a bucket load of skill in tight spaces that rival the best in the world. Whilst it was a shame he acted like a bell at the end, the good more than outweighs the bad.

We really could have done with him at Wembley. Mitoma was getting little change - I'm no Wan Bissaka fan but he is very quick - and he would have changed the dynamic of the game. Personal view is that a lot of players have come and gone but he more than White, Burn, Bissouma & Cucurella is the one we could still do with. He scored a hat trick at Anfield for gods sake - He one of only a handful of players in history to do it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Exactly. One of the best players we've ever had when in his pomp, but (as others have said) when he went missing he was a complete waste of space.

By and large, he was absolutely outstanding this season before the World Cup. Then after Belgium stank the place out, he came back in a massive sulk and clearly didn't want to be here. It's a shame but I feel the club ended up taking a cut price offer because of the World Cup and his consequent mood swing. Had he come back in the same sort of form, Tross would have played more often (RDZ barely used him) and earned us double the £23m we got for him.

Good (but inconsistent) player for several seasons, bit of a sulky twat at the end, but on balance it's warm applause from me too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I usually get vilified for this but I just don't think he was a 'de Zerbi' player.

One too many touches.
One too many cut backs.

He showed he was plenty good enough for what were far better teams, I just didn't see him as a player RDZ would buy.

Wish him will, and certainly won't be booing him in a couple of weeks.

Onwards and upwards.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I usually get vilified for this but I just don't think he was a 'de Zerbi' player.

One too many touches.
One too many cut backs.

He showed he was plenty good enough for what were far better teams, I just didn't see him as a player RDZ would buy.

Wish him will, and certainly won't be booing him in a couple of weeks.

Onwards and upwards.
Too busy booing all the others, Stat? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports