[Albion] Trossard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do we think he went to the runaway leaders at the time, thinking he was guaranteed a Premier League winners medal?
Reminds me of that Spike Milligan book, "Arsenal's EPL ambition, my contribution to their downfall".

I'm sure we all fully understand that players might move on to further their career and earn more money BUT, you can either leave like Potter, Bissouma, Trossard & Cucurella and get booed for your lack of respect (either words, actions or both) when you play us in the future OR do it like Dan Burn and you'll forever have a welcome at the Amex and get respect back from us. It's not rocket science and just speaks volumes about the individual.
Agree with this but leave Biss out, he went gracefully

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know football fans are sensitive but f*ck me that’s a whole other level. :lolol:
Going way off topic, how do you feel after a horrible defeat? I'm normally a bit low (lasts a day). After the Everton match I just felt a certain amount of admiration for the way Everton had set up. But instead of my usual 1-2 pints, I was still under the influence of the arm full of morphine topped up with codeine due to acute pericarditis (misdiagnosed initially as something worse) recently administered. There are a couple of posters who are vulnerable to extreme post match reactions which they attribute to their position on the autism spectrum, and I'm wondering whether how much you feel you need a win and how bad you feel if you don't get it is mitigated by other factors, particularly the choice of pre-match chemical enhancement. Thoughts?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes, I know people don't like stroppy players who throw a tantrum on the way out. I get that and I don't normally have time for it either. But Trossard had been with us for a few years and performed well overall (a bit crap in the winter, but what a player when the sun was out).

The fact is he fell out with the manager, much like Sanchez seems to have done. I don't recall Trossard disrespecting the club. tbh.
It wasn't just the manager he fell out with.

You're right - he was a great player, on his day, but for me went missing too much, but anyway we're discussing here how he left, not how good a player he was /wasn't.

He came back from the WC having had his head turned and behaved like a spoilt kid and forced a transfer.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I don't get the hate.

Yes, he could've behaved a bit better before he left,
Could have behaved better! If that's how you describe his ignorant, petulant, self-important, tantrum then I am not surprised that you "don't get the hate." Not that I would describe the sentiments being expressed as hate.

Last edited:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
The fact is he fell out with the manager, much like Sanchez seems to have done. I don't recall Trossard disrespecting the club. tbh.
Haven't you heard the reports of his fallout with some of the squad and Lallana calling him out over his attitude? It wasn't just RDZ. As for Sanchez from what I can tell it's not an attitude thing its a style of play issue.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Could have behaved better! If that's how you describe his ignorant, petulant, self-important, tantrum then I am not surprised that you "don't get the hate." Not that I would describe the sentiments being expressed as hate.
You know EXACTLY what happened and the specific circumstances surrounding his actions, then? Some football fans get REALLY precious about players leaving a club, don't they?

Granted 'hate' was the wrong word. 'Hostility' is probably better.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I agree he totally did, I only included him for his antics after the Tottenham Brighton disgrace (it seems not many Brighton fans have seen this so I get it that many think he is a weird inclusion)
Being happy that his new team beat his old team ? Would be a bit weird if he didn’t feel that way. You probably need to move on.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, I know people don't like stroppy players who throw a tantrum on the way out. I get that and I don't normally have time for it either. But Trossard had been with us for a few years and performed well overall (a bit crap in the winter, but what a player when the sun was out).

Didn’t he refuse to play at Middlesbrough or am I imagining that ? In any case he fell out with the manager over his attitude so amounts to the same thing anyway. I’m pretty indifferent to him now, as I am to any player who leaves the club.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s probably a difficult line to navigate for a professional sportsman focused on furthering their careers. They aren’t fans.
I think a lot of fans forget that. 99.9% of players are just employees, the exceptions are the likes of Dunk and March. Ignore the badge kissing, it's just in the moment. Most are looking to further their careers and/or earn as much as they can in the short time they'll play and I don't blame them.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I think a lot of fans forget that. 99.9% of players are just employees, the exceptions are the likes of Dunk and March. Ignore the badge kissing, it's just in the moment. Most are looking to further their careers and/or earn as much as they can in the short time they'll play and I don't blame them.
I think it boils down to manners and respect and just doing the correct thing. Ie/ if I’m walking behind an old lady and she drops a ten pound note I’ll be giving it back to her whereas some people clearly wouldn’t

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Im sure every one of our players would go to arsenal for more money given the chance, people move on, you have to look out for yourself and what is right you you, no one else will.

That being said I don’t know why they bought him, he hasn’t been a great finisher this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Going way off topic, how do you feel after a horrible defeat?
But the post you're quoting was in reply to a post made after we beat Arsenal? I guess you mean the feeling after being cheated against Spurs, but should we still be annoyed at Biss for that?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
You know EXACTLY what happened and the specific circumstances surrounding his actions, then? Some football fans get REALLY precious about players leaving a club, don't they?

Granted 'hate' was the wrong word. 'Hostility' is probably better.
If you want to be that pedantic there are relatively very few things that I (and for that matter, you) know EXACTLY, however on the preponderance of evidence it would appear the bloke acted like a complete twat losing the respect of the manager and a sizeable number of the squad and deliberately forced a move to Arsenal. As to being precious, sure SOME fans might get precious about players leaving the club, personally I see it as part of the game and generally I am happy to see players move on with their careers, but when they do it in the manner the evidence suggests both Trossard and Cucurella did it then they gain my disdain. As an example of the folk on here NOT being precious think back a couple of years to when Dunk was being linked with a move to Chelsea, or have the sentiments expressed then conveniently slipped from your memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports