Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets Too Expensive And Chelsea Reserve Team

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If Barcelona had come to the Amex, not only would people not have complained, but it'd have been far more expensive too. Whatever you think of Chelsea, they are the European Champions. £30 was reasonable and moreso for what was an incredible game.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Minus the 4k Chelsea fans from the 17k = 13k. Given that it only sold out the day before, I think its fair to say that a huge percentage of that 13k were not season ticket holders (and certainly when I was in the club shop buying my Kuipers/Swindon tickets the people in there I don't think had ever been to a football game before, let alone being regular fans).

Therefore, the club got the pricing right in terms of maximising profits, but I think its evident that a lot of Albion fans didn't agree.

Still, decent payday for the club and perhaps a few new fans won over who maybe originally went more to see Chelsea. I'm not bothered that I missed it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If Barcelona had come to the Amex, not only would people not have complained, but it'd have been far more expensive too. Whatever you think of Chelsea, they are the European Champions. £30 was reasonable and moreso for what was an incredible game.

Not a great comparison in my opinion. When a club like Barca are in this country it's a big event, and seeing Brighton take on Barcelona would be an absolutely once in a lifetime event - as it would be for Real Marid, Bayern, the Milan clubs, Ajax. It's not just who is the best in Europe, its the name and the prestige.

Chelsea are an English club. I bet most posters on here have seen them play - many against the Albion no doubt. They may be European champs now but they are just Chelsea from up the road. Next year we might be in the same division!

Jul 13, 2012
I thought yesterday would be rubbish and a waste of money but probably one of the best friendlys I've been to. It had everything, meeting gully girls before, new seat, great game, banter with Chelsea before and after.

Id do it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here