Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets Too Expensive And Chelsea Reserve Team

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
The only reason I don't regret not buying a ticket is that I am not well enough to have been there.
Didn't get one just because I wasn't that interested in watching Chelsea but did enjoy the weblink so would have been gutted to miss it if well enough.
Top performance by the lads

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't understand why so many are moaning at the price when the Spurs game last season was the same. Surely you knew what to expect or do you have the memory of a goldfish?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I went after the boy desperately wanted to go. I enjoyed it bit it was just a training match. I still think what I paid was a disgusting amount for a friendly.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't understand why so many are moaning at the price when the Spurs game last season was the same. Surely you knew what to expect or do you have the memory of a goldfish?

I think you are wrong I pretty sure it was cheaper, at least my seat in the North, I think it was tiered pricing rather than the same for all

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
whatever anyone may say the game sold out which justifies the charges

whether some people thought it wasn't good value is entirely irrelevant - every available seat sold

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Honestly, I'm happy to have paid for the game, was a great day. That said, I'm also very aware that others may have been priced out of seeing it and that's a shame.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
People's budgets/priorities are all different so it's a bit of a stupid thread. I couldn't justify spending £30 on a friendly and was quite happy watching it free on a stream, whereas I didn't hesitate to get Barnsley tickets at £29 a pop for a match that actually means something. Am happy that people had a good afternoon out, but don't go preaching about the fact that you felt justified in paying £30 for the privilege. Whatever next - prawn sandwiches?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I went after the boy desperately wanted to go. I enjoyed it bit it was just a training match. I still think what I paid was a disgusting amount for a friendly.

Did both teams treat it as a training game ? Looked like both teams took it seriously and wanted to win ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It sold out yesterday. There is a thread on it... If people did not attend that is a different matter.
Nonetheless if you substitute even just the official amount of Chelsea fans it's probably the lowest home attendance since Eastbourne.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nonetheless if you substitute even just the official amount of Chelsea fans it's probably the lowest home attendance since Eastbourne.

I have to say that it would almost have been worth the £30 to see the looks on the faces of all the Sussex idiots with no valid affiliation to Chelsea beyond them being a successful team who attended the game today in support of that team. I wonder if any of the younger ones amongst them are now considering binning the replica Chelsea shirt and switching their allegiance to the stripes.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Seriously?? Vicente terrorised the champions of Europe again, and again, and again. Gazing at the new East stand, our great team playing quality football against one of the best sides in the world made me very emotional, thinking back 10 years ago to the state this club was in. I'm so glad I went, it was well worth the entrance fee.

Yep, I agree. To see Buckley, Vicente, Nooney and Barnsy (yep Barnsy) running rings around four world class defenders, well worth £30 imo

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am pleased we played well, and pleased that lots of people enjoyed it. I'm happy to wait for Cardiff. (Last year i saved myself for Donny - each to their own).

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Just because 17,000 + went today, it doesn't mean that they disagree on how silly the pricing was. I'm sure it was a good day out and worth the money.

17,000 went today and did not complain we watched the team we support, please fcuk off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here