Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets Too Expensive And Chelsea Reserve Team

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Fantastic afternoon......reserves? Torres / Terry / Cole etc. etc. it was great to see them. Even better to see Albion outplay them.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Best £30 I've spent in a long time! Great to be back at the Amex, It's looking great, had a great sing again voice has gone. Compared to the £30 I paid v Spurs last years a million miles away!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I am glad I went regardless of the price. I really enjoyed the afternoon, and although only a friendly, I got a kick out of us being the first English side to beat the European champions. I don't understand the moaning really. Either pay the £30 or don't, no one is forcing your arm either way.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
In my opinion, £30 is too much for a friendly regardless of the opposition and although I'm glad we won, I'm not too disappointed I wasn't there. However, I respect the people that did go and am pleased they enjoyed it.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
In my opinion, £30 is too much for a friendly regardless of the opposition and although I'm glad we won, I'm not too disappointed I wasn't there. However, I respect the people that did go and am pleased they enjoyed it.

This is the attitude to have if you didn't go, not mocking those who did. And vice versa.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good, it sounded like it was a great day out!

There's always the same moaners who need to find the negative in almost anything; sad really, they must lead pretty miserable lives.

I'm a very positive person, perhaps TOO positive with all things BHA as many will tell you. But £30 was a piss take and worrying that the albion feel this is a fair price for a friendly.

Just because we beat Chelsea, doesn't make a difference to what we think of the ticket pricing. It was a silly amount for a friendly.

Agreed 100%

Apologies if this is fixtures but all of you who slagged off Paul Barber for the pricing of this game and who said it would be Chelsea reserves, then you have missed out on a magical afternoon. We were very good...end of !

Delighted we won and some real fans (not the plastics) who went and could afford to go enjoyed it. Always assumed it was a Chelski 1st team so the 2 aren't linked by everyone (ticket price and Chelsea team) I'm def worried about Barber and pricing...

I went after the boy desperately wanted to go. I enjoyed it bit it was just a training match. I still think what I paid was a disgusting amount for a friendly.

Discusting is the correct word for me.

People's budgets/priorities are all different so it's a bit of a stupid thread. I couldn't justify spending £30 on a friendly and was quite happy watching it free on a stream, whereas I didn't hesitate to get Barnsley tickets at £29 a pop for a match that actually means something. Am happy that people had a good afternoon out, but don't go preaching about the fact that you felt justified in paying £30 for the privilege. Whatever next - prawn sandwiches?

Absolutely SPOT on. Glad people enjoyed it but some seem to be thinking they're Alan Sugar :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is the attitude to have if you didn't go, not mocking those who did. And vice versa.

You're both right. I just find football overpriced in general and dont want MY BHA going that way. Voted with my feet, but glad the regulars enjoyed it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I went, and I'm happy to have done so even at that price.

I had missed the Albion, I had missed the Amex and I had missed the pies. Today I have rectified all of those as well as getting to see us play, and more importantly OUTPLAY the reigning Champions of Europe. I've spent far worse £30s in my life.

That said, I can totally understand and respect those who chose not to go, whatever the reasons for their choice.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can't find the pricing for the Spurs game specifically but remember it was £30. Ordinary match tickets were £30 each.
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Matchday Prices Unveiled

Albion v Tottenham Hotspur
Posted on: Sat 02 Jul 2011

Saturday 30th July. 3pm. Amex Stadium.

There are approximately 12,000 tickets available for Albion supporters for this match and the club expects these to sell out so to avoid disappointment supporters should purchase their ticket as early as possible.

Tickets for this game will initially only be available to Season Ticket holders with 1250 points or more from 10am on Wednesday 6th July.

Please note: 1901 Club members automatically get their tickets for this game.

Any remaining tickets will then be available to supporters with 1000 points or more (new Amex Season Ticket holders) from 10am on Wednesday 13th July.

Tickets can be purchased online (the easiest and quickest way for season-ticket holders with the required number of points is to purchase is online by logging on and using the add my reserved seat function); via the ticketline on 0845 496 1901; or in person at the Seagulls City Centre Store, in Queens Road.

Zone A
North Stand / South Stand
Adult £21.60
Senior £15.30
Under 18 £10.80
Under 10 £5.40

Zone B
West Stand Upper
Adult £25.20
Senior £17.10
Under 18 £12.60
Under 10 £6.30

Zone C
West Stand Lower / East Stand
Adult £27.00
Senior £18.90
Under 18 £13.50
Under 10 £7.20

Zone D
West Stand Lower / East Stand
Adult £29.70
Senior £20.70
Under 18 £15.30
Under 10 £8.10

Zone E
West Stand Lower
Adult £31.50
Concessions n/a

Zone F (Family Stand)
East Stand
Adult £22.50
Senior £16.20
Under 16 (accompanying) £5.40
Under 10 (accompanying) £2.70

I was sure I didn't pay £30 - £21.60 for the NS

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Great game of football, for a friendly. Those in East Stand 1901 row U, I really hope you're not there all season moaning at the players ALL GAME LONG. f***ing Dunk this and f***ing Dicker that...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
£30 too expensive?? What did you expect to pay, £5.00?

I don't see why people are saying it was too expensive....nobody held a gun to your head,the chance to go was there...it was worth every penny...P S Does that mean we have taken the cup off of Chelsea...let's see which Lounge shall we display it in? (That is a joke in case anyone thinks we are getting to big for our boots.)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A percentage of Albion fans would still moan at the £30 price to watch us play Barcelona or Real Madrid in a pre season friendly.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
To all the moaners - feck off! This result whatever happens the rest of the season will go down as one of the greatest in ALBIONS history. Chelsea were pissed off that this little club from the South turned them OVER!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't blame anyone for not going, for whatever reason, but anyone who dismisses it as a training game must have been watching a different match, or wasn't there. Ask Ashley Barnes how friendly it felt after he was decked by Cole. Di Matteo was unhappy about his team's performance, and Gus took it seriously enough to get nine men behind the ball at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here