Tickets Too Expensive And Chelsea Reserve Team

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just because 17,000 + went today, it doesn't mean that they disagree on how silly the pricing was. I'm sure it was a good day out and worth the money.

erm... it sort of does mean they disagree, otherwise they'd not have gone. anyway, though i didnt go thogh choice, i have been chuckleing at all those who didnt go "because it will be reserves" who are probably kicking themselves now.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It must be rather galling for the moaners who couldn't be bothered or who thought £30 to see the European Champions was too much. I took the family - £120, but worth every penny. We had a FABULOUS day....something we can all look back on with very fond memories.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It must be rather galling for the moaners who couldn't be bothered or who thought £30 to see the European Champions was too much. I took the family - £120, but worth every penny. We had a FABULOUS day....something we can all look back on with very fond memories.

Exactly and to see Vicente play like that makes it good value

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Didn't go. £30 for a friendly is a joke. Anyone comparing it to the spurs game needs to remember that was our first team's first game at The Amex. Glad we won, promising result and encouraging performances. But that said anyone who is harping on about it being a day which is among our most glorious or that it will be one we look back on in years to come needs a reality check. All good but ONLY a friendly.

Got my Hull City tickets this week. Wonder how many of the smug fans going on about the stay-always today will be there.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
I don't understand why so many are moaning at the price when the Spurs game last season was the same. Surely you knew what to expect or do you have the memory of a goldfish?

As I have said before on here the difference with the Spurs game was that the prices varied. I paid £21 for a seat in the North Stand for Spurs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn't go. £30 for a friendly is a joke. Anyone comparing it to the spurs game needs to remember that was our first team's first game at The Amex. Glad we won, promising result and encouraging performances. But that said anyone who is harping on about it being a day which is among our most glorious or that it will be one we look back on in years to come needs a reality check. All good but ONLY a friendly.

Got my Hull City tickets this week. Wonder how many of the smug fans going on about the stay-always today will be there.

Yep I'll be there, not so sure about the smug though. I just had a thoroughly enjoyable day.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I know its ridiculous to compare, spurs put out a lot of reserves and won f*** all the season before, Chelsea won the champions league and had a team full of players who played in Euro 2012 ! Totally uncomparable

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne

I for one will be at both the Swindon and Hull games.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yep I'll be there, not so sure about the smug though. I just had a thoroughly enjoyable day.

Glad to hear you had a good day. I wasn't meaning everyone who went was being smug, just the ones going on about it being one of greatest results ever.

I dare say it was a fun game and that is great. We are all Brighton fans and just because I chose not to go that does not mean I wanted it to be crap. A good win, good run out and beating Chelsea can't hurt. Just not sure people should be getting so carried away or ( others, not you) should be so quick to rub others noses in it for deciding to give this one a miss.

Someone posted this was one if our greatest victories ever. Any single 3 points we get this season will mean far more.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I will never understand why Brighton fans have to be so argumentative with each other. Some fans went because they didn't mind paying £30. Others didn't because they thought it was too much. That's life.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly and to see Vicente play like that makes it good value

Agreed. He would have graced Chelsea's midfield today. I had a look at some of Chelsea's forums this evening. One of their fans posted "Forget Hulk, sign Vicente" I can see Ambromich saying (in his Russian accent). "Vicente, I like him, Buy him!"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agreed. He would have graced Chelsea's midfield today. I had a look at some of Chelsea's forums this evening. One of their fans posted "Forget Hulk, sign Vicente" I can see Ambromich saying (in his Russian accent). "Vicente, I like him, Buy him!"

Got any links? I've not found anything. Ta.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I will never understand why Brighton fans have to be so argumentative with each other.

:facepalm: so you are arguing that todays game was a waste of money that then moan that our fans argue :lolol: where that pot and kettle photo

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Very pleased for you.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well done today Brighton & Hove Albion and well done everybody who went and had a great day I'm pleased for you & the club , I've got shit loads of cash because I live in the posh end of shoreham but I didn't go today for the simple fact I couldn't careless about watching players get match fit in a friendly whatever the Opposition Chelsea 1st 11 or reserves roll on Cardiff Aug 21st the real deal all the stadium finished 25,000 fans can't wait . Once again glad everybody had a great day today and we won

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've got shit loads of cash because I live in the posh end of shoreham but I didn't go today

You absolute bastard Tony. If you've got shit loads of cash you should have been there today. Everyone else with shit loads of cash went today and I'm sure they'd love to tell you all about it if you've got a few minutes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports