Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I am not potter out but fans do have the right to question his decisions after that performance. This time 2 years ago I really questioned him as a manager, thankfully he turned it around and I believed we had got ourselves a manager who would take us to the next level. We beat Brentford in the last minute, we’re a little lucky against Burnley. Without those wins we would be relegation fodder. At what point do the fans have a right to question potter. To me it looks like overplaying, we are slow and laborious in the build up, often allow the opposition time to regain their shape. Lamptey and cucurella overcoached, not playing their natural game? I really do think that he had the ability to take us forward, but there also appears to be an arrogant belief in hhis football philosophy that has not allowed us to win a game since September.

Report grade C must do better.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am not potter out but fans do have the right to question his decisions after that performance. This time 2 years ago I really questioned him as a manager, thankfully he turned it around and I believed we had got ourselves a manager who would take us to the next level. We beat Brentford in the last minute, we’re a little lucky against Burnley. Without those wins we would be relegation fodder. At what point do the fans have a right to question potter. To me it looks like overplaying, we are slow and laborious in the build up, often allow the opposition time to regain their shape. Lamptey and cucurella overcoached, not playing their natural game? I really do think that he had the ability to take us forward, but there also appears to be an arrogant belief in hhis football philosophy that has not allowed us to win a game since September.

Report grade C must do better.

Please could you list a few of your questions for Potter and we might be able to help you. Remember we are quite a small club still establishing ourselves in the EPL, we were without a number of key players tonight, we’ve been caught out a few times when signing quite expensive players, there are around 16 other teams in the EPL looking for that dream striker.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The problem for me is that the football is just not exciting to watch.

It’s frustrating and doesn’t create a good atmosphere for the fans. Dicking about with the ball at the back and never looking like scoring makes it very difficult to urge the team on. The play is turgid and Potter is losing the fans. That’s why there was a smattering of booing.

He’s got time on his side but if the football and results need to improve. I sat through the game tonight at the ground without ever feeling the adrenaline of excitement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, it is pretty clear, 11 games ain’t bad luck (plus 2 nail biting relegation campaigns), either:

Potter’s hugely overrated; or

The club have failed to give him the tools (goals, game-changers, midfield pace).

What’s your feeling?

Mine, our squad is woefully unbalanced.

Feb 3, 2013
We may have a depleted team and in desperate need of a forward, but there’s no denying that Potter has us playing boring boring football while he stands there emotionless, which give the fans nothing to cheer about. Slow build up and a lot of passing it sideways. He’s clearly failed to inspire the players with confidence hence why the whole team are incapable of hitting the target, makes you wonder if they ever do shooting practice. Then to top it all off he says the same old s**t that he’s happy with the performance. Football is not about the performance it’s the about the result so I don’t care if we’ve only lost 4, the important thing is we haven’t won in ELEVEN, when we dominate every game we play in. Fans have every right to boo at this utterly frustrating stuff and he doesn’t have the right to complain about it. He must think he’s gods gift to Brighton.
We pay our money to be entertained and I’m honestly so bored of this. So predictable.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Personally I would prefer 35% possession and a one nil win to 65% possession and a one nil loss

But we have record ST holders and sold out 1901 so am clearly in a minority here having given up my ST this year

After 20 games without a win maybe things might change

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Well, it is pretty clear, 11 games ain’t bad luck (plus 2 nail biting relegation campaigns), either:

The club have failed to give him the tools (goals, game-changers, midfield pace).

What’s your feeling?

Mine, our squad is woefully unbalanced.

Bit of both. We have the same amount of points on the board as newly promoted Brentford. Do they really have a better squad than us?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If I had a season ticket I’d seriously consider booooing it….

Potter needs to dig deep, but I can’t see a win in the near future, boxing day won’t happen & palace will, we’ll do what they do, and every other team does, catch us on the break…..

He maybe in a bind

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The problem for me is that the football is just not exciting to watch.

It’s frustrating and doesn’t create a good atmosphere for the fans. Dicking about with the ball at the back and never looking like scoring makes it very difficult to urge the team on. The play is turgid and Potter is losing the fans. That’s why there was a smattering of booing.

He’s got time on his side but if the football and results need to improve. I sat through the game tonight at the ground without ever feeling the adrenaline of excitement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They booed after the intense and great Leeds performance as well, a game that was only "turgid" if you are someone watching the scoreboard rather than the football pitch.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally I would prefer 35% possession and a one nil win to 65% possession and a one nil loss

But we have record ST holders and sold out 1901 so am clearly in a minority here having given up my ST this year

After 20 games without a win maybe things might change

I’d give my right arm to see counter attacking football, pace galore, robbing possession obsessed teams.

Poyet, Garcia and Potter have given me my fill of the passing game, CB’s seeing the ball on repeat.

Purely for a change, I’d love us to be that annoying team mugging others.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bit of both. We have the same amount of points on the board as newly promoted Brentford. Do they really have a better squad than us?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

How much did they spend in fees in the summer? I don’t know.

Must be tiny relative to the £250m spent in fees by the Albion since summer 2017.

Early days, but their coach is doing a good job.

Feb 3, 2013
They booed after the intense and great Leeds performance as well, a game that was only "turgid" if you are someone watching the scoreboard rather than the football pitch.

Don’t know about you mate but I want to see my team win and would prioritise that over predictable passing football any day, like any normal football fan would.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Get him out before Christmas. It should be a season of happiness and this plum is going to ruin it for everybody.

Give a new manager a chance to sign a striker or three in January.

If you believe (and most do) that the squad is short of ‘a striker or three’, then why would you think it reasonable or equitable, to judge the current manager before rectifying that?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don’t know about you mate but I want to see my team win and would prioritise that over predictable passing football any day, like any normal football fan would.

Problem here is that there is a bit of a myth that either you have passing football or you win all the games. Playing possession football is not incompatible with winning games. Randomly hoofing the ball forward is not incompatible with losing games.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

The latter option, with the club continually failing to give Potter the tools in attack to finish off more of the many chances created.

Give Potter what he needs to do the job to win games by scoring goals.

If we don't, some other chairman will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here