Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Annoys me with his positivity at all times. Was hoping he might at some point come out and acknowledge a bad performance, admit we're on a dire run. But nope, same old shite tonight in post match

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This. People entitled to opinions but suggestion Potter out is just ridiculous

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

11 games without a win in the PL would see many managers gone, so it’s understandable he’s at least being questioned. Especially when it’s not a new trend, the football is often very boring and we are consistently inept against so called poorer teams. Anyway, the slide continues. Good job we’ve got Utd away next. I love the 7 goal thrillers and 3 points we typically get up there…

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Please could you list a few of your questions for Potter and we might be able to help you. Remember we are quite a small club still establishing ourselves in the EPL, we were without a number of key players tonight, we’ve been caught out a few times when signing quite expensive players, there are around 16 other teams in the EPL looking for that dream striker.

I am not criticising the players, the players play a style of football coached by the manager. It is incredibly naive to have total belief in a manager on a large winless streak. I think the wins at the start of the season have us in a flattering position. I have not said we need to buy expensive players, just do better with what we have. That is the managers job, not easy, but that is what he is is paid to do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Annoys me with his positivity at all times. Was hoping he might at some point come out and acknowledge a bad performance, admit we're on a dire run. But nope, same old shite tonight in post match

Sorry, but why do you want him to say?

We were not at our best. We huffed and puffed and in the first half we were slightly the better team, then they scored a disappointing goal from our perspective.

"In the second half they had opportunities. It has been a difficult week and we weren't good enough to get the three points. There's no excuses, I believe in the guys on the pitch and it has been a difficult week for lots of teams.”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think a team did do that at Palace, Brentford, Burnley, Liverpool, West Ham and Southampton this season, but I cannot remember who they are.

A mixed bag in there, certainly not a team strategically based on the counter attack for 90 minutes, that’s emphatically NOT Potter’s belief.

But all points and late goals gratefully accepted.

Palace - we were out powered and outclassed, a shite performance. But a huge thank you to Veltman and Maupay.
Brentford - masterful.
Burnley - we were awful, but magical counter attacking in the second half.
Liverpool - Klopp made the same old mistake against us of leaving 2 CB’s to mark an entire Albion attacking midfield. Your fellow mod says we got of jail, 3-0 was a fair score but thanks to VAR after a shocker of a first half.
West Ham - outclassed, but thank you Maupay, greatly appreciated.

I’m referring to teams that set out to counter attack, three pacey players tear opponents apart.

Just for a change of scene, from CB to goalie to CB.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’m in the latter group - the board have let the manager down this season.
We have 2 EPL quality strikers, 1 of these is always injured. The backup to those 2 is a jumped up, self-important championship level striker.
Not investing in a goal scorer last summer, and in the previous 3 windows, was piss poor. Made even worse by this blinkered, stubborn refusal to take loan players even if it plugs an obvious gap until the strategic player is available/ready.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The way we attacked at Anfield,.albeit at 2-0 down was incredible. Pace, urgency, no fear, and we totally rattled one of the best defences in the league.

Where's that Brighton and how do we get to see it? That's a side that would get the crowd off their feet and leave supporters entertained/gushing over the coach.

All a bit weird the last few weeks. Thankfully a couple of late Maupay screamers delayed this mini meltdown, but it was coming the way we've been playing lately.

Strange times. Suspect Graham and our latest dire run will be saved by another lockdown again.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Potter has coached this team well and has got them organised and playing good passing football, however if we don't address the problem in the quad by signing some proper forwards who can actually contribute over a season we wont finish higher than about 14th and Potter will leave.

Potter is not the problem, the abject failure in recruitment of a forward (s) is the issue.

Also the lack of goals is having a massive affect on the atmosphere at the Amex, its hard to get excited when you know chance after chance will be squandered

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Where is our Knockaert, Izzy, Lua Lua, Vicente, etc?
No one to get the fans up, nearest we have is a ****ing right back…..
I like Trossard a lot but he doesn’t fit the category.
I hate to say this but where is our Zaha? Our match changer/winner?
That isn’t Potter’s fault, too many of our midfielders are from the same mould. Neat, tidy, SAFE.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Hey, we only lost by one goal, without Dunk, Webster and Duffy. The makeshift back line acquitted themselves very well.

I'm taking my son to a Hindu temple in Crawley for his booster jab tomorrow. I'm taking a large tupperware in the hope that we'll get a decent lunch as well.
The back up plan is we'll get a takeaway later on.

Accentuate the positive. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

We could easily have lost that game by three or four so I’m certainly not as comfortable with the back line as you appear to be?

Thought Burn was particularly bad today too though I’m usually a fan.

Bluntly, the whole team was poor today and could barely string together more than two passes. Maybe not surprising given the loss of so many of our best players but I find the whole direction this season pretty worrying.

We’ve been very lucky in several games this season and I feel we’re playing worse than last year and not creating as many chances.

Not a Potter out man, but I really feel that the current squad needs significant strengthening if we are to avoid the annual relegation fight, even this season.

Given our dreadful form through most of 2020, I wonder how patient the fans would have been if they’d been there in person!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely Graham Potter has taken us as far as he can.

11 without a win, soul destroying boring boring football, continued denial that we need a striker and utterly perplexing substitutions week in week out.

People bang on about where he's got us, potterball, suggesting I'm trolling etc. I'm not, I've been trying to get this across to you for 2 seasons now. If this is Potterball it's an actual pile of shit. Football is about winning and scoring goals and we do neither.

We are sinking like the titanic and Potter is out of his depth.

You're a massive IDIOT.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Potter is not the problem, the abject failure in recruitment of a forward (s) is the issue.

This with bells. The guy has to work with what he has. The lack of a back up striker and central midfielders who have clocked up just 7 goals from a combined 185 appearances (YB 2 from 92, AL 1 from 44, EM 1 from 8, AM 3 from 41) means he has virtually no options. I just cannot get how TB reconciles his stated aim of top 10 club with failure to DO something about the lack of goalscorers.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I’m in the latter group - the board have let the manager down this season.
We have 2 EPL quality strikers, 1 of these is always injured. The backup to those 2 is a jumped up, self-important championship level striker.
Not investing in a goal scorer last summer, and in the previous 3 windows, was piss poor. Made even worse by this blinkered, stubborn refusal to take loan players even if it plugs an obvious gap until the strategic player is available/ready.

Agree with all of this except that self important striker is nowhere near good enough for Championship.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No I vehemently disagree with him. I'm right behind GPott, we didn't deserve defeat tonight with a threadbare squad, once we get everyone fit and healthy again we will turn the corner. We've only lost 4 all season. Keep the faith HWT.

:lolol: You are a piece of work and I salute you :wink:

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Where is our Knockaert, Izzy, Lua Lua, Vicente, etc?
No one to get the fans up, nearest we have is a ****ing right back…..
I like Trossard a lot but he doesn’t fit the category.
I hate to say this but where is our Zaha? Our match changer/winner?
That isn’t Potter’s fault, too many of our midfielders are from the same mould. Neat, tidy, SAFE.

I heard several similar remarks this evening. Too many similar midfield players - lightweight, unambitious in their passing, reactive rather than on the front foot -and no game-changers. No spark. Where were the leaders? Obviously sitting in the stands. But surely someone had it in them to step up? Apparently not. And how many times did Moder have to mess up a corner before someone told him to eff off and let someone competent have a go?

Is that the 'no d*ckheads' policy in action? Yet again we were beaten by a team of, if not d*ckheads, then spoilers who were perfectly willing to play-act, waste time, get in each others; faces, do whatever it took.

Bissouma seems to be affected by the ongoing bail saga, which needs to be sorted one way or the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here