Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex By The Sea for the big screens - prototype AV presentation

Would you be happy enough with something like this on the big screens...?

• Yes

Votes: 181 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've said this before on other threads, but I think GOSBTS would work best when the music takes us so far but then is cut and the fans 'job' is to take on the chorus - that way you get the fans buy-in.

That is how West Ham do 'Bubbles' and it just works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HvfVVPz9i8&feature=related

PG

Yes, except the fans would then sing it at 9 million miles an hour. Quite why 95% of the crowd seem to want to do this I've no idea, but they do.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing back from the club yet. Going straight to TB's personal e-mail address was always ambitious and I'll give it a few more days as he could possibly be the key.

I see Mr Bloom is going to be at The Amex from 11.30 on Saturday, signing copies of Stadium Yes. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to talk to him with your enthusiasm for this suggestion.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Although I would personally prefer a modernized version of the words I recognise when I'm beaten so I'll support this 100%!! Enough prevarication lets just get it on - I'm sure the timing can be sorted out to coincide with the players entry and handshakes etc. and maybe that would necessitate only one verse and a couple of choruses - whatever, JUST DO IT!!!

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District
I think this is such a positive step forward. Would be absolutely brilliant to see this on the big screens. However 1 min 51 is too long. Need to keep it to 1 min tops. I would remove the 1st verse - the language is too old fashioned. Just the second verse and two choruses would be perfect. I think you also need to do an AV of Praise You at the end too. Excellent effort.

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District
So the words are too long and outdated.

So here is my attempt at shortening and updating:

We’re the boys from Sussex
Sussex by the sea,
We hold our heads way up high,
As mighty men are we:
And when you go from Sussex,
Wherever you may be,
You can tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the sea

Good old Sussex by the Sea
For we’re going up
To win the cup
Sussex by the Sea

Lush

Mods' Pet

Sussex by the sea,
As mighty men are we:
Wherever you may be,
For Sussex by the sea

For we’re going up
To win the cup
Sussex by the Sea

I like this. Easy words. Good sentiments. Right length. Great job.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010

Sussex by the sea,
As mighty men are we:
Wherever you may be,
For Sussex by the sea

For we’re going up
To win the cup
Sussex by the Sea

happy with this lets get on with it

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
For we’re going up
To win the cup
Sussex by the Sea

Length okay - not sure about getting rid of reaping and sowing. but please please please never put 'to win the cup'. It's 'and we'll win the cup'. Even my 2 and 4 year olds have got that drummed into them.

Nobody goes up to win a cup unless at wembley. I'd much rather go up and win the cup.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Length okay - not sure about getting rid of reaping and sowing. but please please please never put 'to win the cup'. It's 'and we'll win the cup'. Even my 2 and 4 year olds have got that drummed into them.

Nobody goes up to win a cup unless at wembley. I'd much rather go up and win the cup.

What will happen if we become an established Premier League side? We cant sing "And we're going up" then, as we will already be up. It will seem a bit of a small time song.

HAS ANYONE CONSIDERED THIS?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What will happen if we become an established Premier League side? We cant sing "And we're going up" then, as we will already be up. It will seem a bit of a small time song.

HAS ANYONE CONSIDERED THIS?

But will somebody think of the children (who have bothered to learn the right words)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The original version is unique to the club and should be kept that way

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

My sentiments exactly. Ok, it's been a while since I last ploughed, reaped, mowed or sowed but there are many in Sussex who still do. It's our song, and to steal a phrase from Gustavo Poyet, it's our identity. Or atleast, it SHOULD be.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
My sentiments exactly. Ok, it's been a while since I last ploughed, reaped, mowed or sowed but there are many in Sussex who still do. It's our song, and to steal a phrase from Gustavo Poyet, it's our identity. Or atleast, it SHOULD be.

I rarely agree with you. But on this I do. There is hope for the world.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
One of the disadvantages of using Tapatalk is you miss out on polls etc. On the computer this morning and have to say I love it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
any news from the club ? on this one? was hoping it would be in place for my visit v Burnley :)
good evening Loco... unfortunately not looking good for your vist and the Burnley game...! - you'll have to make do with the existing set-up which is at least now producing a passable "der-der-de-der-der-der-der etc and we're going up to win the cup...etc" ...

Re the club... I sent the e-mail off to Tony Bloom 10 days ago (Friday 25th Nov) and have disappointingly (but not disastrously) heard nothing back yet. Last Friday morning (2nd Dec) I sent it again and copied it to Ken Brown, Martin Perry and Paul Camillin. Understandably, I haven't heard anything from any of them yet but hope to next week and will let you all know as soon as I do.

I have exchanged PMs with [MENTION=14499]ted hitchcock[/MENTION] who seems to have links to the production team and he was cautiously encouraging (he said that "it was being discussed within the club" and that was before I had e-mailed anyone...)..

so it's still fingers crossed, and waiting for a few more days, before needing to think about trying a different tack...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually I don't think there are, but that's not the point and the rest of your post is spot on. I personally want nothing to do with stockseagull's dumbed-down version.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

This.

You can't just change the words because you fancy it. The words are the words. You CAN however, rearrange the song a little if needed. Which I think it is.

I'd also like it if at the end there were some thumping drums to get a Brighton chant going. Good way to end.

Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum BRIGHTON!
Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum BRIGHTON!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here