Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex By The Sea for the big screens - prototype AV presentation

Would you be happy enough with something like this on the big screens...?

• Yes

Votes: 181 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
After discussion with [MENTION=3552]Moshe Gariani[/MENTION] I have unstuck this thread... I am sure it will get bounced with more questions, suggestions or if there is any news from the club.

I really hope there is some progress with the club... this is a cause worth fighting for... if there is anything more that can be done, please just say the word!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Excellent but definately needs shortening by some way.

Less than 2 minutes! I think that is fine.

Really gutted about this, I think it needs another email plus alink to this thread! Keep going, I REALLY want to see that at The Amex.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Less than 2 minutes! I think that is fine.

Really gutted about this, I think it needs another email plus alink to this thread! Keep going, I REALLY want to see that at The Amex.

Moshe has he replied to you since? If he doesn't have the time to read it then perhaps this can get forwarded on to someone that 'gets it' and does have the time to get something moving. I will speak to a few people see if I can help at all get this noticed.

The other thing we could do is keep singing it and perhaps they will get the message that way. Started it last Saturday and others who previously hadn't joined in did.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Moshe has he replied to you since? If he doesn't have the time to read it then perhaps this can get forwarded on to someone that 'gets it' and does have the time to get something moving. I will speak to a few people see if I can help at all get this noticed.
Hi Drumstick. No, no further reply.

As I said above, I am genuinely comfortable with the fact that this is not in any sense an "urgent" matter compared to others facing the club and it's senior management. I agree with you that hopefully Ken Brown will forward it onto someone else who has more time to look at it and who will be willing to enter into some discussion with us.

I think that the e-petition and the outstanding work done on the presentation itself are clearly worthy of more consideration than has been given so far - if you are able to prompt this next step at all then that would be great.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I prefer the original line "you may tell them all that we stand or fall" instead of the "we're going up and we'll win the cup".

I bang this out before the game starts, first verse and chorus, like they play now. People do need to learn it at home though, it's not really something that can be easily picked up and sung by just hearing it at the ground, so words on screens may be an idea, although it's a bit naff karaoke like.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I prefer the original line "you may tell them all that we stand or fall" instead of the "we're going up and we'll win the cup".

I bang this out before the game starts, first verse and chorus, like they play now. People do need to learn it at home though, it's not really something that can be easily picked up and sung by just hearing it at the ground, so words on screens may be an idea, although it's a bit naff karaoke like.
I agree with just about all of this too... the original lines are the best and the "going up" bit of the AV Presentation should be changed to the original "Sussex, Sussex by the sea, etc" chorus...

the "naff karaoke like" criticism is fair - it will take a bit of practice though and I can't see how else it could work on the mass scale... i reckon that after no more than half a season of having the words, and pacing, up on the screen it would be sufficiently enshrined not to be needed - then we would really have something special...

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Nice video and appreciate the sentiment of the song but you know exactly what would happen if it went on the big screen, 500 would sing the whole thing and everyone will sing the last few lines, as always.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Nice video and appreciate the sentiment of the song but you know exactly what would happen if it went on the big screen, 500 would sing the whole thing and everyone will sing the last few lines, as always.

Possibly... but more that that already sing the 'der der de der' version and clap along in time... I think it has potential to be fantastic... and even IF the singing wasn't brilliant, it would be a GOOD THING to have the words/video anyway.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Please forgive me, but why on earth has this piece of artwork not already become folklore?

Maybe I have missed something glaringly obvious, why else has this excellent idea and excellent example of fans creativity not been taken up by the powers that be weeks ago?

Instead of taking up this initative, we get served up 'Sailing' in the Fanzone. Give me strength!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I was hoping more would be done by the club rather than the rather rushed, dismissive message that was received. People around me had started to sing the correct words and it was going well, with abit of encouragement from the club this WILL take off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here