Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bolasie, Cabaye, Delaney, Gayle, Sako and Wickham have all been injured for some or all of the last 4/5 games.

The last 3 are squad players at best and you know it. Try having 7 or 8 first team regulars out like we had in December, then come back to me :thumbsup:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Dunk doesn't play for a top 8 team in the Premiership, like what has been claimed by your fellow Palace fan, Also it seems Pardew has already thought of that one.

The last time I looked we were not top eight. Delaney made a mistake, he has been great for us though.

All we need is someone to out the goals away and we will be fine.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The last time I looked we were not top eight. Delaney made a mistake, he has been great for us though.

All we need is someone to out the goals away and we will be fine.

I said your fellow Palace fan said you were a top 8 team. I don;t think you will go down either, you only need about another 10 points. I can't believe you won't get that.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Bolasie, Cabaye, Delaney, Gayle, Sako and Wickham have all been injured for some or all of the last 4/5 games.

That is not dropping down the table because half of your first team is injured is it? These players have missed one or two games each, they haven't all been missing at the same time and some of them are not definite choices for the first eleven when fit. That won't wash as injury problems around these parts.

We all make excuses when our teams lose form, but deep down we know that we are only really lying to ourselves.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I said your fellow Palace fan said you were a top 8 team. I don;t think you will go down either, you only need about another 10 points. I can't believe you won't get that.

It was more reality for them, none of us thought we would make Europe but I believe with a striker who actually scores goalls we really could. We are a bit stuffed at the minute as no matter how well we play we cannot score.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It was more reality for them, none of us thought we would make Europe but I believe with a striker who actually scores goalls we really could. We are a bit stuffed at the minute as no matter how well we play we cannot score.
I think a portion of your fans did and do believe you can reach Europe. The truth is only time will tell. I actually think you will be slightly lower than last season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

It must be frustrating being great in all areas except in front of goal. If you just weren't lacking that one player who could score three against Tottenham, five against Man City two against Villa and four against Chelsea you could have had twelve points from the last four games.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
We'll see. Hodgson has already said he was very unlucky not to make the last squad and that he's looking to bring him in again this year.

The game was a sell out.

A few things here.

Firstly, if you disagree with the fact that Bolasie and Zaha are far superior players to Lua Lua, then I don't think there's any hope for you at all. Bolasie is a £20m+ player and Lua Lua most certainly isn't.
Secondly, what I see in Gayle is the same thing that Norwich/QPR saw in him when they tried to take him off us for £10m.
Finally, we most certainly did not buy Zaha back for £3m.

I understand that football is all about opinions and we're all going to be a bit biased, but it's simply madness to suggest that March is as good as Wilf. Solly looks to have a lot of potential, but he's miles behind where Wilf was at the same age. Zaha has completed more dribbles per game this season than any other player in the Premier League.

Probably most step overs aswel. But as weve all seen, means feck all in a game

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
It must be frustrating being great in all areas except in front of goal. If you just weren't lacking that one player who could score three against Tottenham, five against Man City two against Villa and four against Chelsea you could have had twelve points from the last four games.

:) brilliant, post of the year :)

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
What a moronic post :tosser: Last season one of the Nsc posters coughed up his £50 to Remf after losing his bet.

I've made Remf charity donations for years.
This is a charity bet not a football club administration where supporters have no part in!
Who knows perhaps you'll suffer that fate one day :wink:

:fishing: :ffsparr:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
What a moronic post :tosser: Last season one of the Nsc posters coughed up his £50 to Remf after losing his bet.

I've made Remf charity donations for years.
This is a charity bet not a football club administration where supporters have no part in!
Who knows perhaps you'll suffer that fate one day :wink:

The post was factually incorrect, too, for it should have read "a penny in the pound".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
EH?????????? Bha stats since Amex Jcl's and free trains :D

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm

I'm sorry: I just have to ask this.

About a month or so ago, a couple of Littlehampton-based Palace fans were drinking outside a Brighton pub (back when you were winning, obviously. Oddly, they've not been seen since) after we'd both played at home that day. The pair of them procured two nice fresh pints from the bar and placed them on a table, before turning around to chat to each other. At which point a gentleman who may or may not have been wearing Albion colours walked up, calmly poured both the contents of both pint glasses on the ground, replaced the empties on the table, turned around and walked back into said pub without a word.

One of the Palace fans went absolutely, magnificently, hilariously NUTS in response to this, and did that comedy "hold me back" thing with his mate, as if to suggest the only thing preventing him from rampaging into the pub full of Albion fans and taking them all on was the firm "leave it, leave it!" from the other guy. I don't condone such outrageously provocative beer-wasting, of course, but I'm not going to lie. It was massively entertaining to watch.

Was that you? :lolol: :wave:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Gayle? You never play him even when he is fit.

Good point re Wickham though. If it wasn't for his injuries, he'd be top of the Premier League scoring charts by now I imagine. Frankly, I worry how you're going to replace his goals when he gets a three match ban for that elbow on Vertonghen (the one Pardew didn't see, with Wenger-like vision).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sorry: I just have to ask this.

About a month or so ago, a couple of Littlehampton-based Palace fans were drinking outside a Brighton pub (back when you were winning, obviously. Oddly, they've not been seen since) after we'd both played at home that day. The pair of them procured two nice fresh pints from the bar and placed them on a table, before turning around to chat to each other. At which point a gentleman who may or may not have been wearing Albion colours walked up, calmly poured both the contents of both pint glasses on the ground, replaced the empties on the table, turned around and walked back into said pub without a word.

One of the Palace fans went absolutely, magnificently, hilariously NUTS in response to this, and did that comedy "hold me back" thing with his mate, as if to suggest the only thing preventing him from rampaging into the pub full of Albion fans and taking them all on was the firm "leave it, leave it!" from the other guy. I don't condone such outrageously provocative beer-wasting, of course, but I'm not going to lie. It was massively entertaining to watch.

Was that you? :lolol: :wave:

I'm sad I missed this 'event'.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
A top eight team that isn't in the top eight, didn't finish in the top eight last year, nor in the top eight the year before. A top eight team that has actually never finished in the top eight in the Premier League.

Is Bolasie now half your first team squad? Taking a look at your team that lost to Spurs and the one that failed at Villa, and that which played against Stoke in mid December when you last won a league game and the team that hammered Newcastle back in November and his absence seems the only difference.

:clap2:

Loving your work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here