Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't recall saying that.

That's okay because I do. Right here in fact:

I was talking about the only thing that actually matters: the team......

Your stadium is lovely, it really is. Unfortunately for you, you're watching average players producing average performances against average teams. I get to watch Yohan f*cking Cabaye. You can keep your padded seats; we did the double over Liverpool last season and finished in the top half of the best league in the world.

It's irrefutable that you wrote it. For you the only thing that matters is the team. It's not about watching an average side. And if you aren't playing Liverpool and the likes then you're not interested.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We've had three years to establish ourselves as a PL club.

Aston Villa have had twenty four years to establish themselves as a PL club. That is still not going to stop them from getting relegated this year.

It seems that Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham fans can be fairly comfortable that they won't be going down at the beginning of each season. All of these have been there since the beginning of the farce. Man City fans can be comfortable that the Abu Dhabi billions have put them in this elite group. Everyone else is in the relegation mix. Everton and Villa who have also been in the Premier League since it began have had some very close squeaks. Each season fourteen teams start knowing that they are just one poor season away from being back in the Championship. To believe that a few seasons makes Palace any more secure than the others is complacent, unrealistic and takes an arrogance bordering on delusion. You haven't finished any season with a positive goal difference since you've been there.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Norwich were a relegation battling team with a shite manager. We aren't. We're a top 8 team who've had some shite luck with injuries and a tough run of fixtures. We were bloody unlucky not to beat Spurs yesterday. I think we'll be absolutely fine and we'll coast into a top half finish again.

:lolol: Well, all the best with that. I'll bookmark this quote - just in case.

Post of the year. :lolol: :ffsparr:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm going to assume you're just trying to wind me up here. No sane person could ever believe that March is even close to being as talented as Zaha.

That may all be well and dandy but I did not post that!

I quoted another poster and for some reason Tapatalk did not attribute it correctly.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
:lolol: Well, all the best with that. I'll bookmark this quote - just in case.

Post of the year. :lolol: :ffsparr:

Thanks. As I've said, if you really think we've got a chance of going down then it might be worth a tenner while you can still get 150/1 :)

It's irrefutable that you wrote it. For you the only thing that matters is the team. It's not about watching an average side. And if you aren't playing Liverpool and the likes then you're not interested.

I was asked by which metric Palace are lightyears ahead of Brighton. I wasn't asked why I go to Selhurst every other saturday.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's okay because I do. Right here in fact:

And it's no wonder then that Selhurst's 'famous' atmosphere is going downhill with fans who are only in it for the glory.

We watch average players in an average team in an average division and yet, we still manage higher crowds. I think we know who the real jcl glory hunters are, you only have to look at the number of smiling faces in the home stands on match of the day when a visiting team gets a goal for their real premier league team. Palace's 'fans' are fickle, as quoted by your idiot chairman. I suppose he had to be right on one occasion.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was asked by which metric Palace are lightyears ahead of Brighton. I wasn't asked why I go to Selhurst every other saturday.

There was a whole load of reasons why a Brighton fan thought our club is ahead of yours and you said that you didn't go for any of those reasons. It was to watch Cabaye and see your side against Liverpool and the like and you mocked us for having average players in an average league.

If the team and its relative performance is your over-riding criterion for going then fair enough but if Palace crash and burn then football's going to get a lot less fun for you very quickly. Personally speaking, if you asked me why I go to football, then the team and its performance probably wouldn't make it into my top 5 reasons for going.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We're a top 8 team

A top eight team that isn't in the top eight, didn't finish in the top eight last year, nor in the top eight the year before. A top eight team that has actually never finished in the top eight in the Premier League.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
A top eight team that isn't in the top eight, didn't finish in the top eight last year, nor in the top eight the year before. A top eight team that has actually never finished in the top eight in the Premier League.

We've been out of the top 8 for two weeks because half our first team got injured. We'll be back before too long, don't worry. We finished tenth last year and then we signed Yohan bloody Cabaye.

There was a whole load of reasons why a Brighton fan thought our club is ahead of yours and you said that you didn't go for any of those reasons. It was to watch Cabaye and see your side against Liverpool and the like and you mocked us for having average players in an average league.

If the team and its relative performance is your over-riding criterion for going then fair enough but if Palace crash and burn then football's going to get a lot less fun for you very quickly. Personally speaking, if you asked me why I go to football, then the team and its performance probably wouldn't make it into my top 5 reasons for going.

I think you're reading what you want to read. I didn't say anything at all about why I go to Palace, I only stated that we're lightyears ahead of you because our team is so much better than yours. The reason I go to Palace is because I have done for 20-odd years and I don't know what the f*ck I'd do with my Saturday otherwise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Indeed. There is only one team currently above Palace that they may finish above, and that is Watford. Below them are 4 clubs that you'd fancy to be above Palace by the time the season ends.

I see Palace as currently being in 13th spot, and they could well be 15th in the end. Significantly better placed than us of course - no one can dispute that, but I pity any of their fans who were buying the "challenging for Europe" crap.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Indeed. There is only one team currently above Palace that they may finish above, and that is Watford. Below them are 4 clubs that you'd fancy to be above Palace by the time the season ends.

I see Palace as currently being in 13th spot, and they could well be 15th in the end. Significantly better placed than us of course - no one can dispute that, but I pity any of their fans who were buying the "challenging for Europe" crap.

13th? 15th? Why would the strongest Palace team we've had in decades finish lower than we did last year and the year before?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
13th? 15th? Why would the strongest Palace team we've had in decades finish lower than we did last year and the year before?

Because there are 12-14 stronger teams.

Can you talk us through how things are going for that future world-beater Jonny Williams? MK Dons did well to pip Real Madrid to get him, ya think?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think you might be getting a little bit carried away with your own hype. When does the American money start filtering through?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Because there are 12-14 stronger teams.

Can you talk us through how things are going for that future world-beater Jonny Williams? MK Dons did well to pip Real Madrid to get him, ya think?

No, there aren't.

The Jonny Williams story is a bloody tragic one. We'll never see what he could've been because he can't play three consecutive games without breaking his leg. :tantrum:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We've been out of the top 8 for two weeks because half our first team got injured.

Is Bolasie now half your first team squad? Taking a look at your team that lost to Spurs and the one that failed at Villa, and that which played against Stoke in mid December when you last won a league game and the team that hammered Newcastle back in November and his absence seems the only difference.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is Bolasie now half your first team squad? Taking a look at your team that lost to Spurs and the one that failed at Villa, and that which played against Stoke in mid December when you last won a league game and the team that hammered Newcastle back in November and his absence seems the only difference.

Having just seen the highlights of yesterday's game, I assumed their 27 was a reserve standing in for a better player due to the way he just stood motionless, gifting Harry Kane a free header.

However having looked him up, it seems that Damien Delaney, as I now know him to be, is a first team regular. Dreadful.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

Bolasie, Cabaye, Delaney, Gayle, Sako and Wickham have all been injured for some or all of the last 4/5 games.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Having just seen the highlights of yesterday's game, I assumed their 27 was a reserve standing in for a better player due to the way he just stood motionless, gifting Harry Kane a free header.

However having looked him up, it seems that Damien Delaney, as I now know him to be, is a first team regular. Dreadful.

Agreed, we need someone like Dunk. A good solid centre back who never makes a mistake.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Agreed, we need someone like Dunk. A good solid centre back who never makes a mistake.

Dunk doesn't play for a top 8 team in the Premiership, like what has been claimed by your fellow Palace fan, Also it seems Pardew has already thought of that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here