Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
If you honestly believe that, then you're a bigger ****ing muppet than any of your posts suggest. The only way he's going to the Euro's is on holiday.

Oh, and 'Full International'?! 7 minutes in a friendly...bless.

We'll see. Hodgson has already said he was very unlucky not to make the last squad and that he's looking to bring him in again this year.

Ha ha! They can't even get more than us versus Huddersfield for a local London derby!

The game was a sell out.

As I said, your opinion, I disagree with all of the above, but then I would wouldn't I. We are both bound to see our players through rose tinted glasses and what you see in the likes of Gayle and Wickham is beyond me.

Please stop quoting £15m for Zaha, you never got anything near that, it was £10m, he played 4 games and you bought him back for £3m, Solly would likely have been subject to a similar value bid from the premier league this window if he hadn't have picked up a serious injury.

A few things here.

Firstly, if you disagree with the fact that Bolasie and Zaha are far superior players to Lua Lua, then I don't think there's any hope for you at all. Bolasie is a £20m+ player and Lua Lua most certainly isn't.
Secondly, what I see in Gayle is the same thing that Norwich/QPR saw in him when they tried to take him off us for £10m.
Finally, we most certainly did not buy Zaha back for £3m.

I understand that football is all about opinions and we're all going to be a bit biased, but it's simply madness to suggest that March is as good as Wilf. Solly looks to have a lot of potential, but he's miles behind where Wilf was at the same age. Zaha has completed more dribbles per game this season than any other player in the Premier League.

Last edited:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We'll see. Hodgson has already said he was very unlucky not to make the last squad and that he's looking to bring him in again this year.

A few things here.

Firstly, if you disagree with the fact that Bolasie and Zaha are far superior players to Lua Lua, then I don't think there's any hope for you at all. Bolasie is a £20m+ player and Lua Lua most certainly isn't.
Secondly, what I see in Gayle is the same thing that Norwich/QPR saw in him when they tried to take him off us for £10m.

I understand that football is all about opinions and we're all going to be a bit biased, but it's simply madness to suggest that March is as good as Wilf. Solly looks to have a lot of potential, but he's miles behind where Wilf was at the same age. Zaha has completed more dribbles per game this season than any other player in the Premier League.

16 players injured for England and he picked Lingaard!

In my opinion I would say Dann has more chance of the Euro squad than Wilf, I think he has too many better players ahead of him when fit. Walcott, Ox, Sterling, Milner, Lingaard, Lallana.

Bolasie is a class act, him and Cabaye are top quality premier league footballers. You probably could sell Bolasie for 20m, but that is modern football.

You lot rate Gayle at 8m no one else. QPR want a loan and Norwich won't be back now they have Naismith.

Again your opinion on Zaha over March at this point. Great statistic.... every report says £3m rising to £6m transfer fee.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Zaha has completed more dribbles per game this season than any other player in the Premier League.
You must run him a close second.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Highly unlikely but looked at their forums for first time on ages recently and its a joy to read, especially the mega thread about how rubbish the atmosphere at Selhurst is and that people keep leaving early :ffsparr:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

The game was a sell out.

A few things here.

Why hasn't Zaha appeared for England since August 2013? Which was against Scotland.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Again your opinion on Zaha over March at this point.

I'm going to assume you're just trying to wind me up here. No sane person could ever believe that March is even close to being as talented as Zaha.

Why hasn't Zaha appeared for England since August 2013? Which was against Scotland.

He looked like he'd lost an awful lot of confidence at United and he simply wasn't the same player when he came back. It took him a long time, but he's finally back to his best and I'm sure he'll be in the squad for Euro 2016.

Highly unlikely but looked at their forums for first time on ages recently and its a joy to read, especially the mega thread about how rubbish the atmosphere at Selhurst is and that people keep leaving early :ffsparr:

This is true. The atmosphere at Selhurst these days is considerably worse than it was a few years ago. In fact, I'd suggest it's barely the best in the Premier League any more. It's still better than the Amex, mind.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Every season there is a team who crashes and collapses. Obviously, Palace have 31 points which is really good going at this point and suggests they can bore their way to safety. But if you look at the bottom of the league, I think Sam Allardyce's Sunderland will start to find some points and Swansea are better than the league table currently so they'll pull away. Norwich and Bournemouth have been at the same level all season, they're not going to get much better or much worse so I think they'll continue to accumulate points steadily. I see Norwich not quite having enough and finishing a narrow second bottom to Aston Villa and then you have the final relegation place. I think Newcastle will find a streak of wins but I think it will be between them and Palace and I think there will only be a point or two in it.

I see Palace probably seeing 17th, with 39 points and Newcastle going down with 37/38 - but that could easily be there other way around. Right now it doesn't look likely but two or three defeats and no wins in the next 5/6/7 games and all of a sudden it's looking prophetic. Looking at Palace's remaining fixtures suggests they should be closer to the top 8 than the bottom 4, but a team with no goals being scored could easily implode.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I'm going to assume you're just trying to wind me up here. No sane person could ever believe that March is even close to being as talented as Zaha.

He looked like he'd lost an awful lot of confidence at United and he simply wasn't the same player when he came back. It took him a long time, but he's finally back to his best and I'm sure he'll be in the squad for Euro 2016.

This is true. The atmosphere at Selhurst these days is considerably worse than it was a few years ago. In fact, I'd suggest it's barely the best in the Premier League any more. It's still better than the Amex, mind.

I think he will make the provisional squad but won't make the final cut.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I see Palace probably seeing 17th, with 39 points and Newcastle going down with 37/38 - but that could easily be there other way around. Right now it doesn't look likely but two or three defeats and no wins in the next 5/6/7 games and all of a sudden it's looking prophetic. Looking at Palace's remaining fixtures suggests they should be closer to the top 8 than the bottom 4, but a team with no goals being scored could easily implode.

If we don't get a win against Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford, West Brom or Sunderland then we should be relegated on the spot. We're better than all of those teams and Bolasie will back towards the end of that run.

As long as we don't have another injury crisis, we'll finish in the top 10 again. We were sitting pretty in 5th in Jan until we lost half of our first team at the same time. We're a bloody good team and if we can add a striker in January we'll be back in business.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If we don't get a win against Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford, West Brom or Sunderland then we should be relegated on the spot. We're better than all of those teams and Bolasie will back towards the end of that run.

And if you're relegated then I presume that ends your involvement with C Palace - what with you telling us that your over-riding reason for watching Palace is a successful team in the PL.

Personally speaking, I go to watch my local team regardless of whether they're good or not and the over-riding reason for me going is it's a cracking day out with mates.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Norwich had a run of games against pretty crap opposition before finishing with a few tough games, as I recall. I remember Hughton saying about the need to get points from those games but it never happened, I remember them losing away to Fulham and that was their relegation pretty much sealed. I can see Palace losing to Bournemouth and Swansea, and then all of a sudden Watford becomes huge and West Brom may well have been dragged into it by that point as they're not much good either. Sunderland have already beaten you once as well. Looking at the games you'd think Palace would have enough, but a team that can't score goals but leaks them can't do anything significant. I might bet on you each week as well, to really put the mockers on it!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
And if you're relegated then I presume that ends your involvement with C Palace - what with you telling us that your over-riding reason for watching Palace is a successful team in the PL.

I don't recall saying that. I will say however that I've watched 20 years of Palace playing shite football, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed going to Selhurst as much as I do now.

Norwich had a run of games against pretty crap opposition before finishing with a few tough games, as I recall. I remember Hughton saying about the need to get points from those games but it never happened, I remember them losing away to Fulham and that was their relegation pretty much sealed. I can see Palace losing to Bournemouth and Swansea, and then all of a sudden Watford becomes huge and West Brom may well have been dragged into it by that point as they're not much good either. Sunderland have already beaten you once as well. Looking at the games you'd think Palace would have enough, but a team that can't score goals but leaks them can't do anything significant. I might bet on you each week as well, to really put the mockers on it!

Norwich were a relegation battling team with a shite manager. We aren't. We're a top 8 team who've had some shite luck with injuries and a tough run of fixtures. We were bloody unlucky not to beat Spurs yesterday. I think we'll be absolutely fine and we'll coast into a top half finish again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here