Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Both looked clear pens to me on first viewing. Merson is an idiot for suggesting it was a Saints player on the handball too

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Carrying you with goals is what I meant. Fair play to the bloke, I just find it annoying seeing his name come up on the scoresheet every week.

Must be quite infuriating to see that he's banging them in when the striker you paid £2.5/3million for isn't anywhere near him! I know i'd be questioning if he was worth that money. Also why do your fans hate Barnes? I'd happily have him in our squad, tidy finisher.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Must be quite infuriating to see that he's banging them in when the striker you paid £2.5/3million for isn't anywhere near him! I know i'd be questioning if he was worth that money. Also why do your fans hate Barnes? I'd happily have him in our squad, tidy finisher.

A few fans 'hate' Barnes, and they make a lot of noise about it, I wouldn't tar us all with the same brush as them.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

You're right, Barnes is quality. I was saying last season that he was a better all round footballer than Murray. He was also my MotM against Pompey.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

Precisely. I like Barnes, areas he can improve in as with most players, but am at a loss to explain why so many people on here call for his head week in, week out. Ho hum.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Our fans don't hate Barnes. Most people I speak to rate him highly - he's had two really good seasons, and there's a lot more to come.
Unfortunately there are some knee-jerk idiots who always look for a player to get at - and they've chosen him. Increasingly, they're being drowned out, told to shut up or are changing their opinions.
Always some idiot'll come on here and criticise him, then get roundly abused. People are warming to him...at last.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I see Southampton fans had part of the downstairs tier at the Den, and I think also the upper tier, impressive turn out. I don't think I can remember many (any) away teams having more than just the upper.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Actually, I rather like Southampton. They're well supported and they're not Palace. Granted Adkins is an acquired taste but you can hardly argue with his results so far.

Good luck to them.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Our fans don't hate Barnes. Most people I speak to rate him highly - he's had two really good seasons, and there's a lot more to come.
Unfortunately there are some knee-jerk idiots who always look for a player to get at - and they've chosen him. Increasingly, they're being drowned out, told to shut up or are changing their opinions.
Always some idiot'll come on here and criticise him, then get roundly abused. People are warming to him...at last.

Sounds like our fans attitude towards Guly then, even though he's banged in double figures and got a similar number of assists.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Me too. Can't wait to see the pens. They seem to have had loads of ridiculous ones this season - the one against us, the two against Watford... Good news is that Reading and West Ham could still ensure they miss out on automatic. How sweet it would be to see them lose in the play-offs (preferably against us).

only one? ??? I seem to remember 2 ridiculous ones! :glare:

And I hate them too, not as much as Palace, but more than any other side, including Pompey

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I remember 1978...

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I see Southampton fans had part of the downstairs tier at the Den, and I think also the upper tier, impressive turn out. I don't think I can remember many (any) away teams having more than just the upper.

Not sure how many went, but 5000+ will be on their way to Palace on Easter Monday, cannot wait.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not sure how many went, but 5000+ will be on their way to Palace on Easter Monday, cannot wait.

TV said 2,500

Manuel

Feb 4, 2011
In the lounge
According to Merson it was actually a Southampton player who handled on for the 2nd penalty incident. They do seem to get major refereeing decisions almost every game.

Merson has changed his mind now that he has seen the replays and to be fair they were both stonewall penalty's.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Southampton could be champions this year. If it happens,well done them - and I hope that Albion fans can show the generosity of spirit that was so embarassingly absent when we won League One.

Do you think they'll expect a guard of honour? :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here