Southampton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having moaned about Southampton's lack of grace and class last season we need to be careful that we don't end up with the same sour grapes attitude this season.

They are top for a reason.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Their late winners won me £110 on my accumulator :clap:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Interesting take on the "one man team" assertion: One Man Team | georgeweahscousin

While I'm not sure that article really dismisses the 'one man team' attacks (it reads like a petulant fan whining "no we're nooooooooot!!" to me and the arguments seem a little weak to me - look at our penalty record when anyone but barnes takes them) I'm not sure that I think being a one man team is necessarily a bad thing.

Our fans are constantly commenting on how we're not playing to CMS's strengths. If we do that, he will start scoring the goals and winning points for us that are more often spread around the team at the moment. We will become a one man team. If you have a stand out player and you set the team up to play to his strengths, of course you will become a one man team. So, it seems a little weird some fans want us to become a one man team while criticising other teams for being one.

As long as a team can adapt to the absence or poor form of their one man, as long as there is support from the rest of the team I don't think being a one man team should be anything to be ashamed of, or anything to criticise someone for.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Having moaned about Southampton's lack of grace and class last season we need to be careful that we don't end up with the same sour grapes attitude this season.

They are top for a reason.

Exactly! I think we can recognise their achievements without demeaning our own club; just have to add that I am sorry their manager (and some of his acolytes) could not have managed that feat last year.... somehow it makes it harder to be generous because some of their fans seems to have a superiority complex!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Exactly! I think we can recognise their achievements without demeaning our own club; just have to add that I am sorry their manager (and some of his acolytes) could not have managed that feat last year.... somehow it makes it harder to be generous because some of their fans seems to have a superiority complex!

Their lack of sportsmanship last season makes me hope that we will be very generous in acknowledging them as Champions if that is what they become.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports