Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherlock Holmes

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This sounds great! Will look forward to seeing it when they eventually get around to showing it here in about 2 years time. :tantrum:

Use software like Get iPlayer Automator to download, permanently, programmes from iPlayer to watch whenever you want.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Use software like Get iPlayer Automator to download, permanently, programmes from iPlayer to watch whenever you want.

Thanks! I will look into that. Bandwidth may be an issue as we are restricted (and at home we have no internet/phone anymore as the cables have been pinched!), but I will give it a whirl. Nice one :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Another thicko here, so perhaps some of you could clear up a couple of questions about Watson being hit by the bike:

1) Was the rider one of the hit-men that moved into Baker Street?
2) Was Watson drugged, or just dazed? I thought I saw a needle.

Both of those might just be assumptions I made at the time, rather than being correct. Doubt they're even relevant, but I don't think they've been mentioned in this thread.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
When Sherlock went into interview the little girl who was kidnapped, she screamed her head off and pointed at him. To my mind, this means that Moriarty had already made a very convincing Sherlock mask. I wonder if this was used to fake the suicide?

I think that's a very good pointer, had forgotten that. Clearly she thought she knew him and clearly she hadn't already seen the real Holmes, so maybe we can deduce that there is some sort of lookalike around - you would think Moriarty somehow, but I can't see how and he did have all those people working for him, with the shootings etc., so maybe the body was this double being forced to jump instead by Holmes. The cyclist distracting Watson so he couldn't examine the body too closely and lots of help from lab chick.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Does this get you passed the 'not available in your area' issue?

justin72

Jul 27, 2005
Shoreham by Sea
I think the refuse lorry landing seems the most sensible idea.

There must also have been a Sherlock mask or look-a-like for when the children were abducted to explain why the girl was scared of him

How about this for a theory:

Agree that the refuse lorry is sensible and that there was a mask on a switched body but the girl recognised Sherlock as he abducted the children himself to plant the doubt in the the mind of the police. We know he is capable as he admitted to JM on the roof of St. Barts that although on the side of angels he was not one of 'us' and like him [JM] was prepared to do anything.

Sherlock therefore set the whole chain of events up himself to disappear and escape the limelight which he didn't like. Remember the start of the episode?

Extreme I know, but possible?

Last edited:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
How about this for a theory:

Agree that the refuse lorry is sensible and that there was a mask on a switched body but the girl recognised Sherlock as he abducted the children himself to plant the doubt in the the mind of the police. We know he is capable as he admitted to JM on the roof of St. Barts that although on the side of angels he was not one of 'us' and like him [JM] was prepared to do anything.

Sherlock therefore set the whole chain of events up himself to disappear and escape the limelight which he didn't like. Remember the start of the episode?

Extreme I know, but possible?

Why not just fake his own suicide without all the build up?

Anyway we know he did it so that the snipers would stand down from killing his friends.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Another thicko here, so perhaps some of you could clear up a couple of questions about Watson being hit by the bike:

1) Was the rider one of the hit-men that moved into Baker Street?
2) Was Watson drugged, or just dazed? I thought I saw a needle.

Both of those might just be assumptions I made at the time, rather than being correct. Doubt they're even relevant, but I don't think they've been mentioned in this thread.

I assume the bicyclist was one of the Irregulars, just concussioning him, maybe he jabbed him too (eg with the stupid Baskerville drug from the previous episode, so he saw what he was expecting to see - deaded Sherlock, when it wasn't).

People upset at being called thickos. Anyone who owns a TV is a thicko. That's why the explanations in TV shows are so simple, as television in general is aimed at people of such low intelligence that they can't be left alone with their thoughts, so have to have a box in the corner of the room spouting garbage at them. I'm happy to say I threw my television away 20 years ago, and I can't think of anyone I know who owns one either. I downloaded Sherlock as people on Facebook have been twatting on about how great it is, and surprise surprise more of the usual kindergarten brain soup aimed at the dolts with sub-120 IQs that television exists for. If you don't want to be labelled a thicko, don't own a TV. Simples. And don't get me started on umbrellas.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I assume the bicyclist was one of the Irregulars, just concussioning him, maybe he jabbed him too (eg with the stupid Baskerville drug from the previous episode, so he saw what he was expecting to see - deaded Sherlock, when it wasn't).

People upset at being called thickos. Anyone who owns a TV is a thicko. That's why the explanations in TV shows are so simple, as television in general is aimed at people of such low intelligence that they can't be left alone with their thoughts, so have to have a box in the corner of the room spouting garbage at them. I'm happy to say I threw my television away 20 years ago, and I can't think of anyone I know who owns one either. I downloaded Sherlock as people on Facebook have been twatting on about how great it is, and surprise surprise more of the usual kindergarten brain soup aimed at the dolts with sub-120 IQs that television exists for. If you don't want to be labelled a thicko, don't own a TV. Simples. And don't get me started on umbrellas.

Sounds like you have issues.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I would level all your anti TV jibes equally at anyone who uses facebook, which it would appear includes you. Agree about the unbrellas though.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Oooh, that's a new one:
TV = thickos
FB = not thickos?
And you don't know anyone on FB that has a TV?

What's that smell?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think Holmes knew what would happen on the roof, took a drug to slow his heart rate to next to zero, strapped a pigs liver to his head and dived in such a way as to cushion the fall!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Oooh, that's a new one:
TV = thickos
FB = not thickos?
And you don't know anyone on FB that has a TV?

What's that smell?

Eh? The people on FB who were going on about Sherlock presumably have TVs, but they're not people I know in real life (those I do don't afaik have TVs), or do you count everyone you ever speak to on the internet as someone you know?

justin72

Jul 27, 2005
Shoreham by Sea
Why not just fake his own suicide without all the build up?

Anyway we know he did it so that the snipers would stand down from killing his friends.

Good questions.

I suppose, in Sherlocks eyes, a boring 'run of the mill' suicide wasn't 'sexy' enough. That's how JM described the end of game and we now know the Sherlock and JM are the same. Although we saw Sherlock jump to save his friends he had already set-up the fake jump. He knew he was going die so chose the method and venue so would've done it anyway.

Confused? I am!

justin72

Jul 27, 2005
Shoreham by Sea

Nice quote from a TV ad. Simples.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

If you're such a genius how come you support a shit team like Charlton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here