Sherlock Holmes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
But Holmes and Moriarty are two completely different builds! I'm willing to suspend disbelief a bit but I hope it's not as silly as this 'oh it was just a Holmes mask like they do in Mission Impossible sort of thing.'

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Obviously it was something cooked up by the lab bird & SH. I doubt it was Moriarty's body in the street, he'd have to be found on the roof, especially with all that blood. I reckon it could have been a body "borrowed" from the hospital morgue, similar build, with something on the face, then the after effects covered up by Mycroft.

I don't see it being SHs body, there is no "safe way to fall" from about 8 stories high. Or it could just be silly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
None of the ideas on this thread seem remotely feasible to me. I haven't got a clue, and I just hope the explanation they do give isn't a crock of shit.

Sherlock remains absolutely tremendous viewing though. More please.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As already mentioned, this is totally in line with Conan Doyle killing them both off at the reichenbacj falls, but then having to bring them back through popular demand. Will be fascinated to see the explanationwhich, if the rest of the series is anything to go by, will be totally plausible.

The acting throughout has been excellent, but i thought Martin freeman's acting at the end, talking to the gravestone, was superb.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
The lab-bird as she keeps being refered to is called Molly, Im going with Bozza's theory, think its a great programme and cannot wait for the new one

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Sorry Bozza, I think your way out, It was more like how AMEXican wave saw it. You defo saw Holmes face and that he knew the best way to fall to survive.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Yet he had no scars or anything when we saw him at the fuenral?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The body that went off the roof was still very much alive. His legs were 'cycling' in mid air.

It is possible that:

- it was sherlock who went of the roof. But he may have 'fallen' into something safe (like a mattress truck).

- a body was placed on the ground complete with bleeding head (could be a replacement or a 'made up' Holmes complete with blood

- sherlock was shocked when Moriarty shot himself so I dont think its his body as that wasnt part of the plan. Although the newspaper headlines didnt mention his death too. Surely it would have covered something about murdering Moriarty then leaping to his death?

- watson was clearly placed to watch sherlock fall and it gave enough time for John to be knocked over by the girl on the bike which a) slowed him down from getting to 'holmes' which allowed a change of body or a made up Holmes to lay on the ground, and b) not fully recognise him / check if he was dead. Molly is most likely the cyclist but would have helped with the pathology of a made up 'body'

- being a hospital, it was easy to get 'nurses' and 'paramedics' to him and take him inside

- I do think Mycroft is involved and will due to his guilt, help him cover it up

In any case, a truly fantastic series.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Holmes jumped to land in the lorry with refuse bags to break his fall, you just see this lorry pulling away as Watson turns the corner to see the scene. That's why he leapt like he did - to get the right distance to land in the lorry. It must've then either been a body double on the ground or Holmes after getting off the truck - hence Watson being hit by the cyclist to delay and confuse him. The lab girl was in on it of course.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Holmes jumped to land in the lorry with refuse bags to break his fall, you just see this lorry pulling away as Watson turns the corner to see the scene. That's why he leapt like he did - to get the right distance to land in the lorry. It must've then either been a body double on the ground or Holmes after getting off the truck - hence Watson being hit by the cyclist to delay and confuse him. The lab girl was in on it of course.

Watson wasn't the only witness though, there were lots of other people around

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Watson wasn't the only witness though, there were lots of other people around

All in on it possibly? Or the positioning of the lorry meant that their view was obscured too? I'm leaning towards a body double cadavar as the shot of the hand where the pulse was taken seemed significant and the hand looked too large and 'manual worker-like' for that of Sherlock.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
If it was another, already dead body then it would have been cold, no? Sherlock would still have been warm of course.

Also i was sure the cyclist was a bloke.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
One of the realy brilliant series of the last couple of decades. The two of them are very well suited to the parts. Top notch TV for me. Well done BBC.

Cant' wait for the 'Case of the Doggie Freemen'.

TNBA

TTF

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Conan Doyle got fed up with the character (he did write other stuff as well) and decided to kill him off, there was such an uproar (probably mainly from his agent and accountant) and he resurrected him after a 3 year gap.

Perhaps he had a visit from Annie Wilks

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As already mentioned, this is totally in line with Conan Doyle killing them both off at the reichenbacj falls, but then having to bring them back through popular demand...

Conan Doyle brought Holmes back but not Moriarty.

It was great stuff last night and I haven't a scooby how it was done - apart from the obvious of Molly being involved somehow. I wonder if Moffat has fully worked out the details yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The lorry is full of scaffolding poles.

That's a double ouch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports