Sherlock Holmes

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What was that ending all about?

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
All a bit 'Dr Who' I thought. Bit silly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But how did he come back from being splattered on the pavement

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
It's nearly following the books, in which Moriaty and Holmes plunge to their "deaths,"although of course Holmes does not die.

I think the lab girl would have been in on it, not sure how they will explain it though. Could be a few years until the next series as Martin Freeman is filming the three part hobbit films.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
maybe he threw Moriarty off. You never really saw his face.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I thought it was great t.v, and some fantastic acting. I think Moriati suspected all along but in the end realised that they were pretty much the same character/person and Holmes could actually beat him. That's why he shot himself so Holmes couldn't extract the relevant info out of him to stop the plot.
Holmes is too clever to die just yet and managed (somehow) to stage his death, and for the same reasons that is why Moriati will return.
TOP STUFF

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
It was Moriaty on the ground, the lab girl made a mask of Sherlocks face, the medics took the body away so fast no one had time to realise......i think!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
enjoyed it, certainly the lab girl was involved.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sherlock told Watson exactly where to stand in the lead up to him jumping.

He did that so that Watson would get hit by the cyclist (the girl?) so that he was sufficiently dazed to not spot whatever Sherlock had set up, which was either to jump into something soft - a lorry of bin bags or similar, or to use Moriati's body with some sort of mask on it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

He did that so that Watson would get hit by the cyclist (the girl?) so that he was sufficiently dazed to not spot whatever Sherlock had set up, which was either to jump into something soft - a lorry of bin bags or similar, or to use Moriati's body with some sort of mask on it.

spot on bozza

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
It's nearly following the books, in which Moriaty and Holmes plunge to their "deaths,"although of course Holmes does not die.

I think the lab girl would have been in on it, not sure how they will explain it though. Could be a few years until the next series as Martin Freeman is filming the three part hobbit films.

I saw Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes, game of shadows last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. And it had the Conan Doyle ending with Holmes and Moriati plunging together off the top of the falls into the abyss.
Sherlock seems to be en vouge at the moment.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
But Sherlock was talking on the phone on the top of the building, threw it away and jumped off?

I popped out to the loo at the crucial moment and missed the bit where Moriarty shot himself. However Holmes returning alive is consistent with the original story - Conan Doyle got fed up with the character (he did write other stuff as well) and decided to kill him off, there was such an uproar (probably mainly from his agent and accountant) and he resurrected him after a 3 year gap.

Benedict Cumberbatch is also in the Hobbit, he doing the Andy Serkis bit is apparently Smaug the Dragon through the miracle of motion capture. Perhaps the next series will be set in New Zealand for ease of filming?

Hugely enjoyed "Sherlock" being a big fan of the original books, I think it caught the feel of the stories without resorting to yet another Victorian era remake, Jeremy Brett had that all tied up in any case.

Eagerly await an updated "The adventure of the empty house" to explain how he pulled of the jumping off the roof trick.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Utterly compelling viewing, the scene on the roof with Sherlock and Moriati was pure theatre. Top top acting.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Sorry Bozza, I think your way out, It was more like how AMEXican wave saw it. You defo saw Holmes face and that he knew the best way to fall to survive.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Indeed I think she was, as an aside, there was a thread on here re The Hobbit films and I think the concencus was that the films were already in the can.

As mentioned previously, stunning telly, most enjoyable tv for ages. Just looked on FB and found a comment from the Sherlock page stating " Mark Gatiss confirms 3rd series " :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here