Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Savage and Roberts could not be more wrong on show boating debate.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Surely these players are professional footballers who have to set an example to all players and fans, whatever division or level they play at and for people to say that someone deserves to be hit or kicked for doing something that isn't against any of the laws of the game, (especially if they were top flight players kicking out whose actions are seen by a very large audience) is truely shocking. There is no excuse in breaking the rules of the game just because an opponent was showboating.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Managers expect teams to show far too much "respect for our opponents". I'd prefer it if managers told their players that the opposition is rubbish. "Go out there and take the piss". Football would be more entertaining. And the Albion would win more matches.

that's the spirit

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was gutted & i was utterly convinced he went for it-despite what he may say i still am
So he admits it was meant to be a cross, and you disagree with him? Do you think Maradona beat Shilton with his head?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So he admits it was meant to be a cross, and you disagree with him? Do you think Maradona beat Shilton with his head?

People will play up or down a thing to suit-Shilton was beaten by a hand-

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
People will play up or down a thing to suit
Indeed, but it would never suit a player to admit something was lucky if it was in fact great skill. If he's admitted it was a fluke (and I don't know that he has), then that's basically proof.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Indeed, but it would never suit a player to admit something was lucky if it was in fact great skill. If he's admitted it was a fluke (and I don't know that he has), then that's basically proof.

Who was he playing for at the time when he scored the goal? PSG ahead of a big move to Barcalona- perhaps it was time to play things down and secure a move-i don;t know either.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I meant that as-he is good at heart-perhaps you were good friends not perhaps you were good at heart and are now not,if that's what i thought you thought i meant-

Crikey i've lost the plot

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I meant that as-he is good at heart-perhaps you were good friends not perhaps you were good at heart and are now not,if that's what i thought you thought i meant-

Crikey i've lost the plot
It's all a bit much for a Sunday evening isn't it. Time to watch the Mosconi cup.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If someone on the opposition did that playing against me, they'd find themselves in row Z......but then I am pretty old school, and angry.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's all a bit much for a Sunday evening isn't it. Time to watch the Mosconi cup.

I may go and lie down for a few moments-breathe in -exhale,breathe in - exhale :lolol:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I agree with the OP.

It wasn't as if the showboating got to this level. Steve Foster didn't look too happy at the end.

Edit: It's Luton before anybody gets too upset.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree with the OP.

It wasn't as if the showboating got to this level. Steve Foster didn't look too happy at the end.

Edit: It's Luton before anybody gets too upset.

well what annoys me most of all about that is they are taking the piss-but in my book feel free to take the piss,but expect to be made to work very very hard to earn that right i would tell the players to find their own way home after that-lose be humiliated by a scoreline but never stop trying

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Was funny tho!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If the other team have the time and where with all to showboat then the players that are being 'offended' by it need to take a long look at themselves I reckon. Clatter them if you like, but expect to be punished for that as well. If you give up in a game you deserve to have the piss taken out of you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here