Savage and Roberts could not be more wrong on show boating debate.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Players get frustrated by things all the time - poor supply, bad decisions by refs, bad decisions by team mates, a goal keeper on unbeatable form, etc. Are they allowed to clatter people just because they've been frustrated? Of course not, so why is it ok to clatter an opponent who is doing something that frustrates them?

Exactly-just go out and put the ball in their net.....any serious challenge that results & we all know the type,not late,not mistimed -deliberate - should result in a 12 month ban!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It was a fluke. Just because he was the best player in the world for a time doesn't mean that wasn't a fluke - it was.

Luck fortunes the brave

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I think it's fair to say that Kebe crossed the line between showboating & piss taking. I can understand Collison being wound up by it but he was pretty stupid to have a go in that manner.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Indeed, the were easily the better team on the day. I remember it well, 'twas my birthday.

I was gutted & i was utterly convinced he went for it-despite what he may say i still am
Have another look

That was no miss kick deep to the far post

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Having seen Best on several occasions when at his peak you are spot on. He would just do what comes naturally and leave a trail in his wake

would love to have seen him-a great player and i was not even born when he first started playing-but he was born great and just did what came naturally,he had the belief to do it-funny thing is all great players make it look so easy.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Savage is a hypocrite, he was the worst kind of piss take footballer. 'I would have smashed him' my arse, he only ever got involved when someone was there to hold him back.
.....and his dancing is SHIT

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Stupid tackle and a bit lame how Kebe went down.

I'm not sure that the innocuos sock pulling motion beforehand warrants being "taken out" or "clattered". So what if he took the piss a bit, it doesn't give someone license to act like a dick.

Thing with Savage is that on another day he would be arguing the other point of view. Sometimes his opinion seems to have a link with wind direction.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Having watched that i can only draw this conclusion-

No show boating in pulling up socks or making it look that way,players do it all the time,i move my balls and my missus inter prates this as scratching-

Can't see show boating at all there,i would expect any team to do the same-

as for the lad sent off-frustration and harsh on him,however his foot was slightly raised,and he pushed the player and being in front of the lino what did he expect..

I would have booked the feigning of injury by the floored player too.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
would love to have seen him-a great player and i was not even born when he first started playing-but he was born great and just did what came naturally,he had the belief to do it-funny thing is all great players make it look so easy.

And I have to say that there have only ever been 2 players that I have watched live that have given me the tingle down the spine sensation that comes with the expectation of something special about to happen on a football pitch........Mr Best and Mr Ward

Managers expect teams to show far too much "respect for our opponents". I'd prefer it if managers told their players that the opposition is rubbish. "Go out there and take the piss". Football would be more entertaining. And the Albion would win more matches.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He had the ball, the hammers wouldn't come and compete for it. I think he just stopped and pulled his socks up to indicate he was prepared to stand there until the end of the match, which they were winning. Completely reasonable and fair.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I thought it was great. Collison is a total mug for being wound up about. Look, West Ham are THE big boys in our league and Reading took the piss. Kebe, as already mentioned, was just emphasising how appalling West Ham were, Collison fell for it. Fact is, he ran his studs down in his leg in a cowardly attempt to hurt him.
If Noone had done it we'd have LOVED it and be baying for Collison's blood.
Not the first time Roberts and Savage have got it wrong.

And another thing. What if Kebe was Rooney and Collison was Karl Henry...

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And I have to say that there have only ever been 2 players that I have watched live that have given me the tingle down the spine sensation that comes with the expectation of something special about to happen on a football pitch........Mr Best and Mr Ward

Crikey you remind me off my old man too!!! well you will have to revert to The Positive player thread to know what i am talking about

He would say the same thing-ps hello dad :lolol:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Precisely. Show boating is disrespectful but if you're outright taking the piss then it shouldn't be too much of a shock if you get a kicking.

I'd hate to see the queue of people waiting to give the Harlem Globetrotters a good kicking for showboating

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports