Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Well great, but the question to be asked with any of these things is when.

The counter offensive is about to start. (and yes ok has almost certainly started as it was never going to begin with an infantry charge).

They need stuff that works now. Right now. Ammo in particular.

In saying the above I don't belittle the contribution of the US which has been much better than the shameful efforts of some European countries.
Yes, that's all true

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Will Russia see another victory parade? Is the sun setting on the Russian Federation?

When, after your own special military operation, you've got just one tank in today's parade, a T-34 that saw service in WW2, it's probably time to disappear into the vastness of Siberia.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Will Russia see another victory parade? Is the sun setting on the Russian Federation?

When, after your own special military operation, you've got just one tank in today's parade, a T-34 that saw service in WW2, it's probably time to disappear into the vastness of Siberia.
Politics, republicanism, etc apart, I wonder if Putin watched the Red Arrows and other military precision and discipline at the weekend. And that’s just us…

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Politics, republicanism, etc apart, I wonder if Putin watched the Red Arrows and other military precision and discipline at the weekend. And that’s just us…
I saw an interview with a senior member of the military. He was asked how the coronation went. 'Perfectly', he said.

Just as expected, nothing went wrong.

As an aside, I wonder if the overwhelming love and respect for the King by the vast majority of the public, was watched by a wistful Putin. An endorsement that he will never experience. Quite the opposite in fact.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Although I will say us gloating about their attachment to a Second World War tank is a little bit rich given how quickly we bung a Spitfire onto the guest list at basically any major national event

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011

Wow ex Russian duma politician says he know who did the attack on Kremlin and has spoken to them personally, it is the Russian resistance! Interesting interview, he is very brave as his life will be in danger !

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017

Although I will say us gloating about their attachment to a Second World War tank is a little bit rich given how quickly we bung a Spitfire onto the guest list at basically any major national event

A T-34 always leads with the flag - has done since 1945 - in the same way the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is appended to any exhibition of British pomp, this is true. BUT they can't muster anything else having sent T-72s and T-62s - tanks that were obsolete decades ago and they said had been scrapped - to the front. That's without considering they've reactivated T-54/5s (made 1946 onwards) - the only things they have in numbers that can fire a certain caliber of remaining stockpiled artillery ammunition and remain moderately mobile.

Their parade regiment of T-14 Armartas and T-15 Terminators have vanished, as have the Su57 Femboys. All of their peacock weapons are nowhere to be seen.

Edit:

Despite all of that, it should of course be acknowledged they clearly have enough rockets and other ammunition to luzz indiscriminately at civilians

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Wow ex Russian duma politician says he know who did the attack on Kremlin and has spoken to them personally, it is the Russian resistance! Interesting interview, he is very brave as his life will be in danger !

I'm not sure I believe it. The false flag makes perfect sense, on so many levels to whip up more anti West hysteria, to compliment Putins BS narrative yesterday about western Russophobes trying to destroy Russia, to use as an excuse to stop the march of the eternal soldiers which would be terrible PR with the numbers of dead in Ukraine.

In similar type of attacks its very common for a group to try and claim responsibility that had nothing to do with it. And there had previously been chatter that this "Russian resistance group" is also an arm of the FSB simply for "Maskirovka" purposes to try and deflect false flags away from the Russian government.

Of course, there's a chance it was some vigilante group, but I'm not convinced, the timing, the consequences and the narrative fit perfectly a Putin false flag and the two guys on the kremlin roof as the drone exploded above also fit an inside job.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I'm not sure I believe it. The false flag makes perfect sense, on so many levels to whip up more anti West hysteria, to compliment Putins BS narrative yesterday about western Russophobes trying to destroy Russia, to use as an excuse to stop the march of the eternal soldiers which would be terrible PR with the numbers of dead in Ukraine.

In similar type of attacks its very common for a group to try and claim responsibility that had nothing to do with it. And there had previously been chatter that this "Russian resistance group" is also an arm of the FSB simply for "Maskirovka" purposes to try and deflect false flags away from the Russian government.

Of course, there's a chance it was some vigilante group, but I'm not convinced, the timing, the consequences and the narrative fit perfectly a Putin false flag and the two guys on the kremlin roof as the drone exploded above also fit an inside job.
And those two guys did not even flinch at the exposion as they knew it was coming.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

100% agree with you. The two guys on the roof give it away as a false flag. Very slack of the interviewer not to challenge her interviewee on this, rather than just lapping up his version.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ukrainians have retaken 3km on the south flank in Bakhmut, the Russian 72nd rifle brigade practically ran away. Wagner sent in 4 armoured troop vehicles to try and save the situation which were promptly destroyed. Keep it up boys

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ukrainians have retaken 3km on the south flank in Bakhmut, the Russian 72nd rifle brigade practically ran away. Wagner sent in 4 armoured troop vehicles to try and save the situation which were promptly destroyed. Keep it up boys
Bakhmut holds!!

I heard this excellent news as well

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

For me, the key is at 4:30 onwards.

'Russian resistance is growing. It is behind many attacks already inside Russia.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here