Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Most of the vast number of fires in Russia are insurance jobs. If you can't make money because of sanctions, you can at least burn down your building
If that's the case then I'd have thought most insurance companies won't pay out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, late spring or early summer. Pedant alert :)
I'm not picking on your use of 'spring offensive', I'm just highlighting that we've been waiting for an age for this counter-offensive to happen. We've been waiting all winter and were lead to believe that it would happen as soon at the snow went etc, but we're in May and still waiting.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Has it not already begun? Bombing fuel tanks, probing small attack in different areas to test defences. These are the first stages, before u send the tanks etc.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm not picking on your use of 'spring offensive', I'm just highlighting that we've been waiting for an age for this counter-offensive to happen. We've been waiting all winter and were lead to believe that it would happen as soon at the snow went etc, but we're in May and still waiting.
I think the Ukraine offensive has been delayed by the Russians trying to take Bakhmut which seems to have come to stalemate.
All the media are expecting a Ukraine significant offensive soon.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Update on my in-laws village about 25 miles inside occupied zone in Zaporizhzhya province:
For 2 days now 3 buses have been sitting in the village square, for voluntary (at the moment) evacuation of citizens to 'Berdyansk'. Clearly this would be a one way ticket, with onward travel to Russia almost a certainty. For now, the buses remain empty - this rural population prefer to stay in their homes, tend their crops and take their chances.
Even though this area is Russian speaking (with some sympathisers), has been intimidated/bribed to take Russian passports, now has gas at 1/3 price than when Ukrainian...they still don't want a one way ticket to Russia.
Stand firm, people 🙏

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lots of disinformation being bandied about in order to keep the Russki's on edge, uncertain and scared. I think that they are still in the " Mud Season " currently that makes vehicle movements tricky. I'm sure Ukraine want to get started asap with taking back lost territory but they have to be clever about it and go when everything is in place. It's coming and I'm hoping it works.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

It's apparently an apartment/ office construction site on fire. Just as likely to be unsafe working practices as partisan activity...but just nice to see all the same.

If you read the replies to that clip, the Russian bots (Mia and bobby) are arguing with each other (y)

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
From the BBC today: "
One of 9 May’s most recognisable events, the Immortal Regiment march – a solemn procession of people with portraits of their second world war veteran relatives – has also been scrapped this year.
One explanation for such a move, Massicot said, is that the authorities worry the procession could end up highlighting the real number of Russian losses in Ukraine, with relatives bringing the portraits of those killed in the current war."
This, together with a lack of troops to actually march, is far more likely to be the reasoning behind the cancellation or reduction of many of the Victory Day parades...rather than any spurious concern that Ukraine will bomb the parades using drones.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Well, for the victory day parade, they canceled the fly-past due to bad weather (blue skies with a bit of broken cloud), had a handful of Iskander launchers driven by 15 year-olds who looked scared-shitless, 1 (one) T-34 and a few personnel carriers.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Well, for the victory day parade, they canceled the fly-past due to bad weather (blue skies with a bit of broken cloud), had a handful of Iskander launchers driven by 15 year-olds who looked scared-shitless, 1 (one) T-34 and a few personnel carriers.
May their parades reduce every year 🤞

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the amateur faux drone attack make a bit more sense now, gives some cover for reduced May Day parade.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well great, but the question to be asked with any of these things is when.

The counter offensive is about to start. (and yes ok has almost certainly started as it was never going to begin with an infantry charge).

They need stuff that works now. Right now. Ammo in particular.

In saying the above I don't belittle the contribution of the US which has been much better than the shameful efforts of some European countries.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
From the BBC today: "
One of 9 May’s most recognisable events, the Immortal Regiment march – a solemn procession of people with portraits of their second world war veteran relatives – has also been scrapped this year.
One explanation for such a move, Massicot said, is that the authorities worry the procession could end up highlighting the real number of Russian losses in Ukraine, with relatives bringing the portraits of those killed in the current war."
This, together with a lack of troops to actually march, is far more likely to be the reasoning behind the cancellation or reduction of many of the Victory Day parades...rather than any spurious concern that Ukraine will bomb the parades using drones.
This is the main reason for Putins false flag against the Kremlin.... he doesn't want 10's of thousands of Russians marching for the dead relatives of his fascist invasion and that being on the propaganda channels who've bullshitted them that the numbers of dead are tiny.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It would have been awesome if a drone had buzzed in and taken out his only tank. Lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here