Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
RoyalAli said:
On the whole, you get decent people everywhere.
You get wankers everywhere too.

Whereabouts in Reading were you born?
Royal Berks. Lived near Thatcham, so that's not Reading, but when I moved back a few years ago, I lived just off Whitley Street, and hated every single minute of it. Just the general atmosphere in town was nasty. And that's having lived in Brighton, Liverpool, Portsmouth and all parts of London inbetween. Reading's by far the nastiest place I've lived.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
eastlondonseagull said:
:lolol: and Orient ;)

I don't count Orient, because every time we play them our fans are greeted at the tube by.....West Ham!

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
You

Love

Us

- although Reading is indeed a hole. Not a big fan of gun crime and that sort of thing so Bournemouth is far better.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
RoyalAli said:
I've lived in Caversham for almost 9 years, and I've never had any problems in any part of Reading, or thought of it to be particularly unpleasant.

I do tend to avoid Whitley like the plague though.
What the f*** is wrong with whitly/wood???

Nothing wrong with reading whats so ever,its much improved end of,10 years ago here,well you all know what it was like then pure shite.

Being that im a regualar living in whitley,and a member of its community:lolol: :lolol: need i say more.

Stop blabbing on about reading and its downsides,its modern has loads of good paid jobs,and some good pubs.

People say beggers bla bla bla,but brighton has much more violent beggers than reading,thats a fact.It really isn't that bad here seriously.I do love living here for many reasons.

I love brighton and reading:clap:

O yeah whitley street ha ha ha,well what can you say:lolol:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
eastlondonseagull said:
Maybe Mr Shit likes living in a shit hole ;) Whatever you say Turd, I still hate the f***ing place with a vengeance.
Yeah and eastlondon ha ha,just aswell we all have our opinions on places,maybe its your roots that are in london,thats why you prefer it there ???

Oxford road and cemetrary junction are the shite parts of reading:D

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The return to the Madjeski is only a couple of days away. Thought I might resurrect this CLASSIC thread that saw the birth of the "intimidating atmosphere".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
RoyalAli said:
What are you trying to imply?
Football fans come from a cross section of society, and to have a go at a Reading fan for being 'thick' is beyond belief.
You think all Brighton fans have Master's Degrees?

We've had opposition managers and fans commenting on an intimidating atmosphere at the Madejski within the last few weeks, so it seems that what you know about the atmosphere in the Madejski could be written on the back of a raffle ticket.
:D

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I think you described the intimidating atmosphere as:

READING READING RAH RAH! :jester: :jester:

Something like that isn't it?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Knock it off you two. Just SEEING the atmosphere written down on a messageboard is traumatising enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here