Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
If there's ever a thread posted on here that's the slightest bit hostile to Reading F.C and/or John Madjeski, you pop up on here within minutes. How do you respond so fast? Do you spend your days constantly updating another teams messageboard to see if there's anything about Reading?

Still, you haven't used any of your stock responses yet., well done for that.

Albion Rob

RoyalAli said:
Ok, here is a Reading line up that would fit that price.

GK -Young - Youth team.

LB - Shorey £25,000
CB - Sonko - Free
CB - Castle - youth team
RB - Rifat - Free/academy

LM - Little - Free
CM - Campbell - Youth team
CM - Newman - approx £50,000 (Undisclosed)
RM - Brooker - Free

CF - Morgan - Free
CF - Ferdinand - Free

Bear in mind that had we not had the means to buy players like Sidwell, Harper, Forster and Murty, we would have paid less money for other players...

Relegations certainties. Lobby Coppout to stick that side out at Withers, I dare you.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
When we get Falmer we'll be looking for the casual supporter then Reading attract (Royal Ali clearly excluded) - and then we'll have a challenge to create an intimidating atmosphere.

Like the Madjeski.

*cough*

Albion Rob

IMHO Reading have a core support of about 3,500.

BHA have a core support of around 8,000.

Those figures suggest to me that the Falmer atmosphere will be just over twice as intimidating at the Madejski.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
TWICE as intimidating as the Madjeski stadium? 'kin hell! Surely no human congregation could make such a noise?

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Scarface said:
I cant stand any club with sugar daddy chairmen. Its just not right to buy your way up the leagues wihtout having the support. Reading, Wigan in particular, even Chelski (although they do have the support). :angry:
He got them a ground,but they certainly don't buy there way up the leagues.Madjeski hates putting his hand in his pocket,and he will walk once they reach the premiership.:drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Albion Rob said:
IMHO Reading have a core support of about 3,500. BHA have a core support of around 8,000.

How did you arrive at those figures Rob?

Reading's lowest average crowd figure in the last ten years is 8,918. Their lowest average in the last five years is 12,623. That would suggest a core support figure of much more than 3,500.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Dont know why you lot get so worked up over royalali! he's alright,at least he's a decent fan unlike some of the reading lot(what was the attendance for the first game of the season again). And anyway,we will be in the same division for a fair few years to come so we don't want to alienate ourselves completely :lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
To be fair, can't comment on Royal Ali personally. But Reading as a town is a f***ing pile of shite that needs to be bombed out of existence pretty sharpish. And sadly, I was born there :angry: :angry:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
RoyalAli said:
When I went through it in August when we played West Ham, it looked like it was still recovering from the blitz.
On the whole, you get decent people in the East End. As opposed to in Reading, where I reckon the proportion of c*nts to decent folk is about 10:1 Funnily enough, the few people I still know living in Reading are desperate to get out. f***ing horrible place.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Waiting outside Reading station on the way to Plymouth was fun, got asked how many men I loved by a pissed homeless bloke who then stood right next to the car until we left! Was the most intimidated I've ever been in Reading!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here