Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Imagine - Some Premiership players might already have experienced Galatasary away. Or maybe an Old Firm game. Or Barcelona v Real Madrid. But now they have to confront...the MAJESKI...

How will these players cope with the fearsome wall of noise generated by 8,000 nine year olds chewing on hot dogs? Or some weird, onanism-reeking geek tapping on a toy drum?

(Oh, and I'd put money on Reading to bottle it in the 2H of the season as usual.)

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Man of Harveys said:
(Oh, and I'd put money on Reading to bottle it in the 2H of the season as usual.)
As much as I'd love that to happen, I'm afraid they could probably make it this time. :nono:

And about time too. Nearly everyone's been there at some point in their history. Bradford, Barnsley, Oxford & Swindon (chortle), Brentford - even Wigan and even the smallest of them all, little sad old Orient.

It's only the truly poxy tin pot muppet outfits like Reading, Gillingham and Bournemouth who have never ever ever been there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
RoyalAli said:
You spent 4 years there in the 1980s, and think that makes you a big-shot?
4 years in the top flight, cup final appearance - and bigger crowds than you for decade after decade until the mid '90s.

So that makes us miles bigger and better than you clackerstick twats, yes.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Yeah that does actually. Even Notts County can take the piss out of you. It's pretty much the law.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
RoyalAli said:

You've never been there and might not even make it, and think that gives you the right to act like a smug little twat?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simster said:
4 years in the top flight, cup final appearance - and bigger crowds than you for decade after decade until the mid '90s.

So that makes us miles bigger and better than you clackerstick twats, yes.

You wouldn't happen to have those stats of pre-Majeski Reading crowds handy? They used to come out once a year, like Xmas decorations.

And, I may be wrong but...doesn't even their own manager admit that we're a bigger club then them? That's gotta hurt.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
RoyalAli said:

Do you really,honestly think any of us really give a flying f*** about Reading.

You poor sad deluded young man.

Go and bother Swindon or Oxford they might actually care about you.

Our cup final ???

I'm thinking it's yours mate.

Go away now there's a good boy :wave:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Yeah that does actually. Even Notts County can take the piss out of you. It's pretty much the law.
As can Wigan, Brentford, Orient, Accrington Stanley, Barnsley, Oldham, Bristol City, Swansea, Blackpool, Carlilse and Northampton. All bigger clubs than Reading who have played in the top flight.

And if the Biscuitmen (gayest nickname in football anyone?) do go up, it'll be an absolute TREAT watching them fail to beat Sunderland's worst ever points haul of 19 points when Coppell walks out after 8 games with a nervous breakdown and they install Redknapp in his place. :D

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Simster said:
As can Wigan, Brentford, Orient, Accrington Stanley, Barnsley, Oldham, Bristol City, Swansea, Blackpool, Carlilse and Northampton. All bigger clubs than Reading who have played in the top flight.

And if the Biscuitmen (gayest nickname in football anyone?) do go up, it'll be an absolute TREAT watching them fail to beat Sunderland's worst ever points haul of 19 points when Coppell walks out after 8 games with a nervous breakdown and they install Redknapp in his place. :D

Actually, Accrington Stanley never played in the top flight, that was Accrington FC who were a seperate club. All the others are correct though.

Don't forget Luton Town (16 season of top flight football + 2 League Cup finals with 1 win + 4 FA Cup S/finals with 1 final) and Oxford United (3 seasons top flight + 1 League Cup win). Hell you forgot to add Swindon and Bradford to the teams who can, BY LAW, lord it up over the Biscuitmen.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Reading :lolol: :tosser: no one gives a shit about them. Why not start a rivalry with Charlton. Both have shit fans...:rolleyes:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
RoyalAli said:
What are you trying to imply?
Football fans come from a cross section of society, and to have a go at a Reading fan for being 'thick' is beyond belief.
You think all Brighton fans have Master's Degrees?

We've had opposition managers and fans commenting on an intimidating atmosphere at the Madejski within the last few weeks, so it seems that what you know about the atmosphere in the Madejski could be written on the back of a raffle ticket.

I have a Masters degree :D and I support the Albion therefore from my specially selected sample on n = 1. I can confirm that all Brighton fans have Masters degrees Q.E.D.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
RoyalAli said:
We're near the top because when we play teams, we score more than they do, therefore picking up points?

Here's one for Brighton.
Welcome to Withdean.
We don't sing here, but we're still the best fans in the world.
Shut Up
Facts.

what a load of BOLLOX. REading are the shittest quietist fans ive seen. Where were u when u were shit? fairweathered muppets:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here