Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
would love Poyet to go there and get relegated while we pass him (and palace) to go up.

i would laugh for a whole summer.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Sunderland will be needing a motivator and someone to stop the rot. GP is well able to do this imho but will surly want to bring in players that can/will play his way. They missed relegation last season by 3 points which suggests they were always going to struggle this season. I think he will take the chance if offered it.. at least is they do get relegated this season he could claim "its not my team"..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sunderland will be needing a motivator and someone to stop the rot. GP is well able to do this imho but will surly want to bring in players that can/will play his way. They missed relegation last season by 3 points which suggests they were always going to struggle this season. I think he will take the chance if offered it.. at least is they do get relegated this season he could claim "its not my team"..

Bridcutt £7m to Sunderland. Ulloa not for sale.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I never thought I would ever see Gus and Coy written in the same sentence :lolol:

That's journalists for you. They ask leading questions so that it appears that he's touting and now they're making him out to be coy. Neither are true.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus Poyet 'coy over rumours linking him to Sunderland vacancy'

According to BBC Sport, Poyet has said "we'll see" during a telephone conversation this morning after stating that he wants to manage in the top flight.

www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/sunderland/news/poyet-coy-over-sunderland-rumours_106628.html
I guess it could all go tits up, but I just don't that sentence ever being written with the name changed from Poyet to Garcia.

Even without the off season, and with Gus still as our manager he probably would have said exactly the same.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

I think he'd have enough time and has a transfer window to keep them up. He did it with us pretty well. He'd get them playing zero risk football and that's ok to stay up.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
All the Sunderland fans saying with Di cannio it was all about him not Sunderland. Sound familiar anyone? Poet too similar and too much of a risk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
All the Sunderland fans saying with Di cannio it was all about him not Sunderland. Sound familiar anyone? Poet too similar and too much of a risk

Di Canio makes Poyet look like an angel, apart from that the BBC are happy to employ Gus so his sacking hasn't done him too much harm, and the BBC job will be on his CV.

Sunderland need a manager who will make them hard to beat and Gus would do that well, although that would be his limit.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure of odds but seems a good fit to me. Thoughts?

Yes, replace one loose cannon, with an only slight less loose cannon! Inspired. So, will probably happen! ;-)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hmm, interesting. Who's Gus Poyet?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's journalists for you. They ask leading questions so that it appears that he's touting and now they're making him out to be coy. Neither are true.

Aah, poor little lambykins Gus. Diddums.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Aah, poor little lambykins Gus. Diddums.

Still can't resist it, can you, despite all your posts declaring that you weren't going to bite any more?

Journalists this weekend reporting on the Brighton game, say it was our first win in 4 or that we are now 6 unbeaten. Both of which are true but also give a different reflection on our game depending on the negative view or positive view.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Still can't resist it, can you, despite all your posts declaring that you weren't going to bite any more?

Journalists this weekend reporting on the Brighton game, say it was our first win in 4 or that we are now 6 unbeaten. Both of which are true but also give a different reflection on our game depending on the negative view or positive view.

Dear TB. I suggest you find one of my posts declaring that I'm not 'going to bite any more'. I did say in one thread that I would leave it to the Gus lovers to conduct their sad deluded love-in, but that's it. Gus deserves all the stick he gets from me; it's like shooting fish in a barrel; he is just such a clown in the media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here