Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Couple of simple business facts of life

1. Of course TB would sell to Poyet. The same way we would sell someone to Palace. Personal preferences or fan rivalries don't matter a damn in the world of business

2. Gus being in a job also has absolutely no bearing on any action brought against our club

With point 2, surely if he is earning money elsewhere it reduces any payment due to him for 'loss of earnings' ???

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With point 2, surely if he is earning money elsewhere it reduces any payment due to him for 'loss of earnings' ???

Plus would Gus want to take valuable time out of his week(s) to attend, and would he really want the story all over the press whilst trying to keep SAFC in the Prem. It may make his job impossible.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Depends how patient he is I think. I can see Sunderland wanting him, you've only got to look at the candidates on the betting lists to see there are really only 3 or 4 sensible candidates, so the odds are right. But there'll be 3 or 4 more vacancies before Xmas which might suit better. I can see him talking and then withdrawing and then going public so sending a message to other "twitchy" Chairman.

I agree with all of this. I believe that Fulham started the rot for Poyet here just before the first palace game and i still believe that he could end up there.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I think it's "simple" breach of contract. Even if he had walked into a job the next day he could still take the action and if successful would be likely to get every penny

Plus would Gus want to take valuable time out of his week(s) to attend, and would he really want the story all over the press whilst trying to keep SAFC in the Prem. It may make his job impossible.

Whoever he goes to will be struggling. I'd imagine any Chairman might make it a condition of offer that he dropped any claim ... plus he avoids the risk of losing and can no doubt imply that he would have won. Face saved!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I realise it's not QUITE as basic as this, but surely when you sack a manager you want to try and find something "different" in his replacement.

Obviously there are huge differences between Gus and PDC (one being that I think Gus is 10 times the manager Paulo is) but they a SORT OF similar in their foreigness (is that a word).

Maybe i'm completely wrong, but Di Matteo would seem far more logical to me.

Gus to Fulham would tick all the boxes.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I realise it's not QUITE as basic as this, but surely when you sack a manager you want to try and find something "different" in his replacement.

Obviously there are huge differences between Gus and PDC (one being that I think Gus is 10 times the manager Paulo is) but they a SORT OF similar in their foreigness (is that a word).

Maybe i'm completely wrong, but Di Matteo would seem far more logical to me.

Gus to Fulham would tick all the boxes.

And Di Matteo suffers from a different type of "foreignness"?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If Poyet lands that job then fair play to him. Great club. Massive stadium. Still think Fulham looks far more likely though.

Can't understand anyone that would want him to fail.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
And Di Matteo suffers from a different type of "foreignness"?

He's far less the stereotypical BONKERS foreigner like Gus and Di Canio. Far more reserved. A far more neutral option which may well suit Sunderland after Di Canios antics.

Gus is NOTHING compared to Paulo's bonkers rating though. He's in his own crazy foreigner league.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
"I voted for Poyet as I think he could turn the season around Brighton look terrible without him so I think he's got something about him."

..from the Sunderland Message Board poll.

Oh dear.

This the Brighton which is averaging 2 points a game after the bad 2 game start.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's a good fit for him. Premiership, big stadium, some money to spend. They're bottom of the league so he can't do worse than the hapless Di Canio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here