Poyet to Sunderland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:lolol: Ok.

I DO enjoy reading some of the BRILLIANT theories on this thread though. Some are like a movie plot.

I'd go for Ricky Gervais to play David Burke and Jason Statham to play Barber.

Dom Littlewood as Oatway.

How about Javier Bardem to play Mr Poyet - could portray him as deliciously evil, which would suit the interpretations of some.

You could call it Bring Me the Head of Oscar Garcia. I already wrote the opening scene for TSLR50. It was intended to be satirical and humorous but I'm beginning to think it made more sense than some of the posts on this thread.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You do realise that English isn't his first language? I wonder how well you would cope doing press interviews in Spanish? It seems as though you can't leave the subject alone, despite the fact that he has gone.

It doesn't matter what language you speak to know when you should shut up and just get on with the job you are hired for.

Every opportunity for a bit of self gratification and attention and Poyet will be there talking about himself.

I want to see what he can do on the pitch, not in an interview everyday.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It doesn't matter what language you speak to know when you should shut up and just get on with the job you are hired for.

Every opportunity for a bit of self gratification and attention and Poyet will be there talking about himself.

Then perhaps don't read the interviews?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Are you not doing the same on Nsc? Drawing attention to yourself because you've found another thing to criticise him for? Does it make you a better Albion fan? Maybe you are trying to convince yourself how much you hate him since he went?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wow, just seen the latest Poyet story, he really doesn't stop talking.

Gus Poyet took Sunderland reigns after Martin O'Neill chat

“..........I asked him something like 150 questions about Sunderland. I felt it was interesting to know his opinion after he had been here. I used him – when he was having 18 holes with me – to get information.

On Newcastle "“Now I will be playing them here again soon – it looks like I will be linked with Newcastle for all my life!”

He does make me larf, discussing private conversations publicly and bigging up any future club links already. I can already see that the Sunderland fans will love him :lolol:

How different is that to accounts that people like Conway, when he signed for us on loan, said he had spoken to Gordon Greer, whom he knew through the Scotland camp.

For goodness sake - Conspiracy theories rule or what! As someone else has said, English isn't Gus's first language.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Are you not doing the same on Nsc? Drawing attention to yourself because you've found another thing to criticise him for? Does it make you a better Albion fan? Maybe you are trying to convince yourself how much you hate him since he went?

Sorry, this is a Poyet thread ? and I have added a link to his latest story that I found funny. If passing on a news link is attention seeking I think we are all guilty of that.

I certainly don't hate him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, this is a Poyet thread ? and I have added a link to his latest story that I found funny. If passing on a news link is attention seeking I think we are all guilty of that.

I certainly don't hate him.

Why not let it just die down to the next page?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I said in my first post he makes me larf. I am just surprised that he hasn't learnt to be a little bit more modest.

He gives it all the talk and I am looking forward to when he has got to put his money where his mouth is. Get some results first then talk.

Results were:

First season, takes us from relegation season to mid table

Second season, wins league one with six weeks to go

Third season, highest position since 1991

Fourth season, takes us to play-offs.

Overall win percentage 44.33% (highest of any Albion manager in last 40 years except Peter Taylor.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Gotta love NSC, England v Montenegro official match thread must win game thread 97 posts. The prospects of a past Albion manager 1200+ posts, sorry but some people have got their priorities all wrong...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Results were:

First season, takes us from relegation season to mid table

Second season, wins league one with six weeks to go

Third season, highest position since 1991

Fourth season, takes us to play-offs.

Overall win percentage 44.33% (highest of any Albion manager in last 40 years except Peter Taylor.

You know very well I am talking about; getting some results with Sunderland before patting himself on the back in the media before any game has been played.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Here you go, just to annoy everyone. A balanced debate; the Sunday Supplement panel discusses Gus Poyet's suitability for the Sunderland job, and expresses sympathy for Sunderland fans and Kevin Ball.

gavind

Banned
Jul 2, 2013
I just laugh my self out when I see Charlie.
smile2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here