Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Did post this last wednesday that the club had given him permission to talk to Reading but got shot down in flames, he is not meeting them until Monday but it doesn't look good

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If Gus is 1/10 with some bookies to leave, does it follow that he's 10/1 to stay? Worth a punt?

In a two horse race, a 1/10 shot would be up against an 11/2 (which is 5.5/1) chance.

Logic should be that it's 10/1 but the bookies would never make a profit in the long term. And the old saying that the bookies are never wrong is a load of bollocks. Why did they make Mon Mome 100/1 to win the Grand National in 2009? They didn't see that one coming. The total odds are around 85% so they always make an average 15% profit in turnover. Betting shops need electricity, heating, pens, paper, staff wages etc so they have to make their money somewhere.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Why would Poyet leave you for Reading? I can't think of a single criterion on which they're a more attractive proposition than you.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Did post this last wednesday that the club had given him permission to talk to Reading but got shot down in flames, he is not meeting them until Monday but it doesn't look good

The only reason I would doubt that, is I suspect Mr Bloom would not be happy being made to wait until Monday, for Gus to listen to what they have to say. The very fact that Poyet even wants to talk to them (if true) would be enough for me to give him the boot, if I was Bloom. We are 7th with 8 games to go, they are 19th and staring relegation in the face. If Poyet is seriously considering going there, he needs his bumps felt.....Probably playing call my bluff with Bloom over getting a striker, I wouldn't be surprised.

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
Load of absolute bollox. Their squad is far inferior to ours and they have a maxed out supporter base and stadium.

More chance of meeting Otis Reading!

TNBA

TTF

Evening gents. I have been hovering over the forum for a little while now and have seen a couple of posts that have simply baffled me, but I couldn't believe this one. Inferior squad? Please can you elaborate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Evening gents. I have been hovering over the forum for a little while now and have seen a couple of posts that have simply baffled me, but I couldn't believe this one. Inferior squad? Please can you elaborate.

No idea, there are some fools on every chatroom but Gus will not go to Reading

Mar 10, 2006
FFP comes in next season and their parachute payments (presuming they are relegated) will mean they have a much larger wedge than us to invest in a squad capable of going up and staying up the following season.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Why would Poyet leave you for Reading? I can't think of a single criterion on which they're a more attractive proposition than you.

Out of interest, who is it you support?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

Does being a premier team mean you have a better squad ? it hasn't helped blackburn bolton or wolves - yes I think our squad is at least on a par if not superior

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011

Inferior Stadium, inferior club, its's just a fact.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bogus story? it`s a betting scam which is successfully carried out every time a football club signs a new manager.Realy needs to be investigated,someone tip the local rag off, the mail will soon pick it up

Fully agree, but thankfully for me I can't be bothered to bet or find time to get round to it.

(But I wish I'd put very big stakes on Frankel's early races!!!)

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Evening back. Clearly your squad is not inferior to ours. However you are not that attractive to most managers who hope for a good crack at the prem. you're doomed I'm afraid.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Are you taking the p*ss?

No, I genuinely don't know. Don't recall seeing any of his posts before and don't recognise the name 'Rokerite' if it applies to a football club. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here