Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

I agree, we are doomed. But because the fact our squad is the weakest in the division, I can't see many players leaving and for those reasons, I am quietly confident we can go back up with the right person in charge. The reasons teams have faltered when getting relegated was they lost notable players and couldn't replace them, the likes of Newcastle and West Ham had the financial means that they didn't have to sell their squad when they went down, I feel we would be in the same position.

You have under performed dreadfully : only 1 of the last 6 championship winners has gone straight back down...
Re who has the best squad lets start with your best player & i'll put up Wayne Bridge (which puts us one up)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What if I told you Roker Park was closed when I was 3?
It doesn't matter what age you were mate. These are the sort of knowledgeable things you pick up over the years. It's called being a football fan.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'd say "haven't you any homework to do?"

I'd say "Yes, but I've still got 4 weeks left until I go back to university." :rave:

It doesn't really matter what age you were. These are the sort of things you pick up over the years. It's called being a football fan.

Well I humbly apologise for never having paid much attention to a club over 300 miles away that we've only played 3 times in my lifetime...

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Evening gents. I have been hovering over the forum for a little while now and have seen a couple of posts that have simply baffled me, but I couldn't believe this one. Inferior squad? Please can you elaborate.

Yes. We have a better squad than you. Simple as that. Tin pot little silly club from down the M4. Always so full of yourselves.

Get relegated and slip top Div 1 where you so rightfully belong.

Move on, next!

TNBA

TTF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree, we are doomed. But because the fact our squad is the weakest in the division, I can't see many players leaving and for those reasons, I am quietly confident we can go back up with the right person in charge. The reasons teams have faltered when getting relegated was they lost notable players and couldn't replace them, the likes of Newcastle and West Ham had the financial means that they didn't have to sell their squad when they went down, I feel we would be in the same position.

Strange how multi millionaire Madjeski and the new rich owner, didn't spend unlike Stains who gambled on Rodriguez, Ramirez and Clyne.

Sealed your fate.

In a recent radio interview, you could tell Adie Williams was gutted with the lack of quality bought in January.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

If Poyet does go then we got the thread about next manager to get excited about.

Silver lining and all that!

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
We didn't spend a huge amount of money, which Zigarevich and McDermott have admitted their regret on. Brian did not want a massive upheaval considering our club ethos. The money is there, but we wanted to spend it wisely.

In response to Vegas Seagull, I agree Bridge and Vincente would walk into our team, but the rest I'm afraid not. The likes of Guthrie, Kebe, Carrico, Mariappa, Kelly, Le Fondre are slightly better than your current crop that has been mentioned.

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
IN my opinion they have a squad which is very good at championship level. Work hard and rely on quick wingers. However their wingers which were so efficient at championship but so easily found out at the next level. I genuinely believe we would fare better than them in the prem-technically we are far better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd say "Yes, but I've still got 4 weeks left until I go back to university." :rave:

Well I humbly apologise for never having paid much attention to a club over 300 miles away that we've only played 3 times in my lifetime...

Ignore them mate, you're v knowledgeable on your football and can't help ur age :thumbsup:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Where the wiggins is Hove Born & Bred when you need him?!?! Come out of the woodwork you little imp!!

He knows **** all till Thursdays, and then its not worth knowing

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Ignore them mate, you're v knowledgeable on your football and can't help ur age :thumbsup:

Well at least I learnt something new today - Sunderland played at Roker Park form 1897 to 1997 :thumbsup:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007

No, it's more that's it's depressing to realise someone who was three when we left Roker Park is at university now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We didn't spend a huge amount of money, which Zigarevich and McDermott have admitted their regret on. Brian did not want a massive upheaval considering our club ethos. The money is there, but we wanted to spend it wisely.

In response to Vegas Seagull, I agree Bridge and Vincente would walk into our team, but the rest I'm afraid not. The likes of Guthrie, Kebe, Carrico, Mariappa, Kelly, Le Fondre are slightly better than your current crop that has been mentioned.

You must appreciate where we're coming from with this. It's not meant to be arrogant or disrespectful to your club. It's basically honest Gus has said it would have to be something v special for him to leave. Ie West Ham / Newcastle and bigger I think. We also have a 4 yr plan that we plan on carrying forward, training ground on way etc

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, it's more that's it's depressing to realise someone who was three when we left Roker Park is at university now.

Lol true. Wasn't meaning u btw, just felt those ridiculing a young passionate fan were a bit harsh...

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
Yes. We have a better squad than you. Simple as that. Tin pot little silly club from down the M4. Always so full of yourselves.

Get relegated and slip top Div 1 where you so rightfully belong.

Move on, next!

TNBA

TTF

You clown. Someone seems slightly bitter and jealous. Always full of ourselves? Quite the opposite I think you'll find, many fans in our position would be pointing the blame and moaning, we accept our fate and that the Championship is looming. Next point, please tell me what players would get into our strongest XI? I'm going to enjoy this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No - apart from titles etc with Celtic, my bathroom taps could do that. He has done nothing. Would rather a cardboard cut out of Gus than O'Neill

Please no O'Neill.

Celtic - he won some silverware in a 2 horse race, only after spending relatively massively. Flat track bullies.

Villa - embarked on a massive transfer spending spree, including fortunes wasted on the likes of Delph, ReoCoker, Harewood, Curtis Davies, Shorey, Luke Young, Beye, Warnock. Sulked when Lerner quite rightly had enough.

Sunderland - massive crowds and a generous owner, but look at their league position and awful performances aired on Sky. Enough said.

Football has moved on. Poyet, Rodgers, Laudrup and others are showing a new way forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports