Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players on the way out ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are aiming for promotion and I cant see those 3 of the 4 helping. The Premier is the aim and prize.

What about of the core 15 players, who would you replace?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are aiming for promotion and I cant see those 3 of the 4 helping. The Premier is the aim and prize.

Normally I agree with your posts, but I can't help feeling that you're being a little harsh with respect to Ince.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Normally I agree with your posts, but I can't help feeling that you're being a little harsh with respect to Ince.

I would send him out on loan to get in some games for a Div 1 side which I think would benefit him more than being a fringe bench player for us. A lot depends on how Richie Towell shapes up in training and in a match. I would place Ince and Holla as the bottom of the group and less likely to feature for us except for dire emergencies or the cup on Saturday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would send him out on loan to get in some games for a Div 1 side which I think would benefit him more than being a fringe bench player for us. A lot depends on how Richie Towell shapes up in training and in a match. I would place Ince and Holla as the bottom of the group and less likely to feature for us except for dire emergencies or the cup on Saturday.

Hi BG. I apologise if I have misunderstood your point here about Towell. Are you suggesting that whether or not we loan out Ince will depend on how Towell shapes up? I was under the impression that Towell is a striker, whereas Ince normally plays in midfield. Can you elaborate?

I certainly agree that Holla is not featuring in any meaningful way at present.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To be fair JFC and Ince could potentially be useful in a few years. Even if end up in the prem having them about and loaning them out is not a bad thing. If we go down we could have good championship players by then or they get sold. But I would at least wait a few years first as they have both shown promise.

I can see where you are coming from as both are young JFC 21 and Ince just 23 so they could develope. As it stands the vast majority of our 1st XI would need to be replaced. probably 5 or 6 that would become squad players and 2 of those could be Ince and JFC so keep them but send them out on loan to a side in Div 1 seeking promotion. If we can get them to pay their wages so much better.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hi BG. I apologise if I have misunderstood your point here about Towell. Are you suggesting that whether or not we loan out Ince will depend on how Towell shapes up? I was under the impression that Towell is a striker, whereas Ince normally plays in midfield. Can you elaborate?

I certainly agree that Holla is not featuring in any meaningful way at present.

As I read it Richie Towell is a box to box midfielder who has scored goals in Ireland but can also defend, so in the event of him playing I would suggest that either Stephens or Kayal would take up the anchor midfield role and allow him to get forward into the opponents box, more than we do now. Yes Stephens has scored but is not prolific and regularly getting in scoring position in their box, neither is Kayal, good as they both are in what they do.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As I read it Richie Towell is a box to box midfielder who has scored goals in Ireland but can also defend, so in the event of him playing I would suggest that either Stephens or Kayal would take up the anchor midfield role and allow him to get forward into the opponents box, more than we do now. Yes Stephens has scored but is not prolific and regularly getting in scoring position in their box, neither is Kayal, good as they both are in what they do.

Thanks, BG. That makes sense. Cheers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to TransferCentre 9 on twitter, albion midfielder LEE Crofts is about to sign for Seattle Sounders.

FFS Lee.

A 2 year contract, could see how ANDY would be interested.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
According to TransferCentre 9 on twitter, albion midfielder LEE Crofts is about to sign for Seattle Sounders.

FFS Lee.

Gutted to lose him.

Good luck in America Lee

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

FFS Lee.

While transfer centre 9 is getting this exclusive on Lee, I'd love to know what the **** 1-8 are doing!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
cos no one else is stupid enough to buy him

.... or even take him on a free.

I mentioned it earlier but I'm really baffled by the people who think Holla or Chicksen are on their way out. Even with all our injuries, neither has seen much game time - which Championship team would be interested in such players? Can't even see Rotherham or Bolton going for them

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
.... or even take him on a free.

I mentioned it earlier but I'm really baffled by the people who think Holla or Chicksen are on their way out. Even with all our injuries, neither has seen much game time - which Championship team would be interested in such players? Can't even see Rotherham or Bolton going for them

Jones may just take them to Luton ? ???

Holla on loan and Chicksen as a full transfer ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here