Players on the way out ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Holla, JFC, Ince, Chcksen must all be available you would think, escpecially with players coming back from injury and possible additions

These 4 have hardly kicked a ball all season, and wont be making the bench very soon.

CH dosent trust them.

I would loan out Ince as i still think he's a decent player but the other 3 can go permanently

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd bin Chicksen, Holla and Elvis Manu-Offside if at all possible. I'd definitely keep JFC who is young and a perfectly acceptable squad player IMO.

Bring in a bang tidy striker with the money.

Bring in a bang tidy striker!?

Chicksen would go on a free, if anyone would take him. Nobody who would want Holla would pay his current wages, so he'd need paying off (like Toko and Kemy before him). Elvis might fetch a bit if anyone in Holland remebers him being good. Net gain, a maximum of £300k?

We'll get the striker, but it won't be funded by these three deadweights!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bring in a bang tidy striker!?

Chicksen would go on a free, if anyone would take him. Nobody who would want Holla would pay his current wages, so he'd need paying off (like Toko and Kemy before him). Elvis might fetch a bit if anyone in Holland remebers him being good. Net gain, a maximum of £300k?

We'll get the striker, but it won't be funded by these three deadweights!

What I mean is that I'd rather pay the wages of one top notch striker than all of these three.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
West Ham looking again at dunk
newsnow

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd bin Chicksen, Holla and Elvis Manu-Offside if at all possible. I'd definitely keep JFC who is young and a perfectly acceptable squad player IMO.

I kind of hear what you're saying re JFC. He's not going to get in the side at the moment, but I think he could easily do well for another club (as he has done for the Eng U21s and, by all accounts, for MK Dongs). I have a gut feeling that if we let him go, it's one of those that might come back to bite us on the arse. It'd be hideous to see him flourish for, say, the Dongs, and have them sell him for £5 million a year later.

Probably a bit selfish really, as the lad deserves the chance to make something of his career, but it would be annoying for us if he succeeded with another Championship side. Who knows: he might force the issue himself sooner or later. At 21/22, he'll need to be playing games at some stage.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Monakana, Chicksen, Walton ( loan ), Holla ( loan ) to Luton ? ???

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I kind of hear what you're saying re JFC. He's not going to get in the side at the moment, but I think he could easily do well for another club (as he has done for the Eng U21s and, by all accounts, for MK Dongs). I have a gut feeling that if we let him go, it's one of those that might come back to bite us on the arse. It'd be hideous to see him flourish for, say, the Dongs, and have them sell him for £5 million a year later.

Probably a bit selfish really, as the lad deserves the chance to make something of his career, but it would be annoying for us if he succeeded with another Championship side. Who knows: he might force the issue himself sooner or later. At 21/22, he'll need to be playing games at some stage.

Yeah a strange one, I love it that he is with us, but there is no way I'd select him over kayal and Stephens, and whilst being on the bench, he never seems to get brought on either, whether we're winning or losing. If I was him I would be pretty fed up, and want some proper game time. For me, a 6 month loan till the end of the season, don't want to let him go cheap and suddenly he's worth £5m !!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
the current under 21s might not be up to much but the kids in the u13,14,15s etc are our potential golden generation and thats why we built the facility in the first place not for the now but the tommorow and further

I've a friend who works in school near Croydon. He looks after their football teams and has spoken about a lad whom is head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of football ability. He has chosen Brighton NOT Palace. I am hoping this is now the norm due to our world class facilitates. We should be seeing a lot more players break through like Solly March and Lewis Dunk in a few years. Something to look forward to indeed.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I've a friend who works in school near Croydon. He looks after their football teams and has spoken about a lad whom is head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of football ability. He has chosen Brighton NOT Palace. I am hoping this is now the norm due to our world class facilitates. We should be seeing a lot more players break through like Solly March and Lewis Dunk in a few years. Something to look forward to indeed.
I thought Solly March was bought from Lewes rather than coming through our ranks?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought Solly March was bought from Lewes rather than coming through our ranks?

You are right but he still came from the development squad. My point was that the future is going to be a lot better than the past or present in terms of developing talent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kayal
Stephens
Crofts
Towell
JFC
Ince
Holla

seems 1 too many for central midfield.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we have aspirations of promotion and the Premier;

Holla
Ince
JFC
Not happy about Crofts being good enough other than possibly on the bench for odd games

I know we shouldn't feed the troll but what do those 3 players have to do with aspirations of the Prem ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports