Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players on the way out ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Being shot in the head in Dallas in 1963 probably didn't do his prospects of first team football in the Championship much good.

Yeah but he had great vision and had a dream. ! Oh wait sorry that was MLK.:jester::jester::jester:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
JFC to Milton Keynes £500,000 ? What is his value?
Holla released ?
Chicksen at the end of the window ?
Someone must come in for Stephens. Every player has his price. Chris may have someone else lined up.

I'm glad you're not valuing our player sales... £500k for JFC! :dunce:
Why would we sell one of our key central midfield pairing whilst sitting very near the top of the league!? :dunce: Would he want to leave anyway?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chicksen and Holla must be top of the shipping list.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we do get both Calleri and Bolanos then we'll possibly need to ship out several million pounds worth of players to balance the FFP ( unless Barber knows it is now dead... ).

Dunk, JFC, Ince and Baldock would seem like possible candidates with decent fees attainable.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If we do get both Calleri and Bolanos then we'll possibly need to ship out several million pounds worth of players to balance the FFP ( unless Barber knows it is now dead... ).

Dunk, JFC, Ince and Baldock would seem like possible candidates with decent fees attainable.

Why would we weaken our squad by selling players who have featured heavily to this point? JFC for the right fee as he has probably reached the stage where a move would be the best for both parties. Ince? In the summer possibly, but if we are looking at FFP a reasonable squad player on fairly low wages, so I would expect him to stay. The other two are just silly.

Holla and possibly Crofts if they can find a replacement might be more likely, as they would potentially free up considerable wage savings. Other than that I cannot see too many leaving until the summer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Holla, JFC, Ince, Chcksen must all be available you would think, escpecially with players coming back from injury and possible additions

These 4 have hardly kicked a ball all season, and wont be making the bench very soon.

CH dosent trust them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
JFC 750k
COG 150k
Holla 100k
Chicksen 150k
Some manager, somewhere will pay a few million for an England U21 midfielder, whether fans believe he is worth that or not.

I doubt we'd get much for the rest.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry that JH has been bigged up in this way as I am sure that neither player nor club have created that expectation.

I hope that we give the guy a break !

Very much this. People need to remember that he is still a kid, and hasn't been playing any sort of senior football at all. Simply because we signed him from one of the world's top teams, (albeit only their academy side), shouldn't have any bearing on how quickly he should be able to play.

I very much hope that we give him time to come back from his serious injury, settle into life at a new club, (never mind in a new country), and go on to learn his trade and mature, before we introduce him to first team football.

In fact I hope we don't get to see him until next season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some manager, somewhere will pay a few million for an England U21 midfielder, whether fans believe he is worth that or not.
Really? What is the total transfer fees paid for, say, Paul Kitson, Dan Harding, Joe Mattock, Joe Bennett and Gary Gardner (to mention a few that have passed our way over the years)? A few million each? - I doubt it. All England U21s though - the idea that all England U21s will go on to be top top players and command large transfer fees is just a myth. Many just end up as journeymen, spending much, if not all, of their careers outside the top flight.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd bin Chicksen, Holla and Elvis Manu-Offside if at all possible. I'd definitely keep JFC who is young and a perfectly acceptable squad player IMO.

Bring in a bang tidy striker with the money.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Or a chance to prove his worth if he starts

That's the problem for the fringe players though, with the team doing well, (although suffering from a bit of a blip at the moment), there is hardly any chance for them to prove their worth.

If Elvis at come to use at the beginning of last season, he would have been a first team regular in no time at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here