Lua Lua 7
Dobbie 7
Barnes 7

Subs:

Buckley 7
Dicker 7
Lopez 7

Poyet 7

7 scores will only make the play-offs. The only good bit of possible excitement came from Dobbie. I would give all the Ipswich players 7 as well. Jewell might get an 8.

PS: I gave both sets of supporters a 5 but it was more like watching chess than football.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Kuszczak 7

Calderon 7
Greer 7
El-Abd 7
Bridge 7

Bridcutt 7
Hammond 7
Orlandi 7

Lua Lua 7
Dobbie 7
Barnes 7

Subs:

Buckley 7
Dicker 7
Lopez 7

\Poyet 7

& scores will only make the play-offs. The only good bit of possible excitement came from Dobbie. I would give all the Ipswich players & as well.

PS: I gave most sets of supporters a 5 but it was more like watching chess than football.

Not a lot of effort went it that....

Perseus - 5 - could do better :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You shouldn't find it bizarre, you always support the underdog in favour of any player that has some genuine flair and quality.

Dicker was an objectively better player than Buckley last night. Buckley wasn't bad, Dicker was just very, very good.

And that's bollocks. My favourite players are Bergkamp, Berbatov, Murray. Classy, "lazy" players.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Dicker was an objectively better player than Buckley last night. Buckley wasn't bad, Dicker was just very, very good.

And that's bollocks. My favourite players are Bergkamp, Berbatov, Murray. Classy, "lazy" players.

I don't care who your favourite players are in world football. From your posts, our players that are your favourites are Barnes, Dicker, CMS. Players that in the past have received a lot of stick. Not having a go, I think its admirable you supporting the underdog but think it effects your opinion. For example, you don't rate Buckley, probably because he is widely liked and doesn't need your support.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't care who your favourite players are in world football. From your posts, our players that are your favourites are Barnes, Dicker, CMS. Players that in the past have received a lot of stick. Not having a go, I think its admirable you supporting the underdog but think it effects your opinion. For example, you don't rate Buckley, probably because he is widely liked and doesn't need your support.

This is going to make me sound arrogant, but I think it's more that some people take a very simplistic view "Buckley and CMS scored, so they must be good, cos they're exciting etc" meanwhile the likes of Dicker and Barnes do three or four equally important jobs for the team that go unnoticed because the people who don't rate them don't understand their role in the team, ie:

Dickers shit, he never chases 50 yards to win a tackle.

Barnes is shit, he doesn't score enough amazing goals.

I judge a player based on what he is in the team to do.

Dicker and Barnes more than do their jobs most weeks, and I happen to agree with Gus that those who don't rate Barnes dont truly understand football, and they certainly don't understand what Gus is doing with this club.

And I do rate Buckley. My favourite player is Bruno, then Bridcutt.

I stick up for Barnes and Dicker cos they get a lot of uninformed bollocks posted about them.

Last edited:

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Kuszczak 7.5 - re-assuring to have such an able presence in goal after last season's uncertainty

Calderon 6 - gets an extra mark for the cross, but he's suffering by comparison to Bruno and this was not a better peformance than average.
Greer 6 - I wonder if people actually watch the game and understand the tactics that influence the play. Greer always had Chopra or Scotland pressing him because they wanted El Abd to bring out the ball. This restricted what Greer was able to do, which I agree was not much.
El Abd 4 - Jewell tatically exposed him, he's a great defender, but panics with the ball at his feet and they just let him have it, knowing it would probably assist their cause eventually. To sort this out Bridcutt had to drop even deeper thus ensuring that he was always pressed as well. Good management by Jewell as through snuffing Bridcutt and Greer our plan A comes a bit unstuck.
Bridge 7 - quality, simple as that. Not as good as Saturday, but still a class apart.

Hammond 4 - bit of a shocker really, didn't really cope with the tactical requirements of the chess match on the pitch.
Bridcutt 6 - Consistently good, he gets measured by his own standards each game, which was below par even if he was still excellent at times.
Orlandi - 7 - Very good 1st Half, and his dead ball delivery is much better than Dicker's, so selection will be interesting going forward.

Barnes - 4 - Another shocker, really didn't do anything effective and wondered why he was not subbed.
Lua Lua - 3 - Oh dear...
Dobbie - 6 - Curate's egg of a performance, because he is clearly a very good player with excellent touch, yet too many attacks broke down because he was not quite in synch with the other two of the three up front.

Subs:

Dicker 6 - played well when he came on, but he's too slow for this level in pace, controlling the ball and distributing it. Good passer though.
Buckley 7 - gets an extra point for the goal, but was also frustrating on occasion.
Lopez - 6 seemed to do ok, but needs to impose himself more for the fans to notice him.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
This is going to make me sound arrogant, but I think it's more that some people take a very simplistic view "Buckley and CMS scored, so they must be good, cos they're exciting etc" meanwhile the likes of Dicker and Barnes do three or four equally important jobs for the team that go unnoticed because the people who don't rate them don't understand their role in the team, ie:

Dickers shit, he never chases 50 yards to win a tackle.

Barnes is shit, he doesn't score enough amazing goals.

I judge a player based on what he is in the team to do.

Dicker and Barnes more than do their jobs most weeks, and I happen to agree with Gus that those who don't rate Barnes dont truly understand football, and they certainly don't understand what Gus is doing with this club.

And I do rate Buckley. My favourite player is Bruno, then Bridcutt.

I stick up for Barnes and Dicker cos they get a lot of uninformed bollocks posted about them.

Wow that is arrogant.

You understand what Gus is doing.

Others views are simplistic.

Uninformed bollocks.

Might I ask you at what level of football you have played and managed to have this superior view?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Kuzs 9.5 on the basis he only did one thing wrong, he spilled one shot. Great save in the second half after Greer, the tool, didn't clear. Greer had to audacity to moan at the pole

Calderon 4 Got caught for the goal and also near caught again second half, off the pace

Greer 2 F**king awful, didn't pass it forwards until the 94th minute.

El Abd 4 Lucky to stay on the pitch

Bridge 6 Steady but restricted by Lua Lua's actions!

Lua Lua 2 off the pace kept running back to Bridge when he had the ball restricting his options

Hammond 2 Just awful

Bridcutt 5 Worst game for a long time if not ever

Orlandi 6 ok

Dobbie 5 space is something you create by movement sadly appears to be lacking in it.

Barnes 1 why oh why is this man still seen as the answer

Buckley 7 Did more than the rest in the few minutes he had the ball than they did all game
Dicker 7 Moved the ball quicker than anyone else and by Christ that's saying something
Lopez ? Just don't know cant remember him

Oh dear that was shit. Not a clue, no movement, no effort, no ambition, no effing plan B Gus!

Our corners only threaten our own goal, our crosses are met by no one Gus really needs to shake this up or we're heading for a similar run to last year.

People seem relectant now to comment on Barnes, but I really cannot see what he brings to this team. I obviously dont understand football very well, will be the answer some will give on here, and that may well be the case in respect of Barnes. I dont get it.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Kuszczak 7

Calderon 7
Greer 7
El-Abd 7
Bridge 7

Bridcutt 7
Hammond 7
Orlandi 7

Lua Lua 7
Dobbie 7
Barnes 7

Subs:

Buckley 7
Dicker 7
Lopez 7

Poyet 7

7 scores will only make the play-offs. The only good bit of possible excitement came from Dobbie. I would give all the Ipswich players 7 as well. Jewell might get an 8.

PS: I gave both sets of supporters a 5 but it was more like watching chess than football.

Are you on CRACK?

Trolly Dolly

Aug 22, 2011
Kuszczak 7 solid class above our other options

Calderon 7 works his socks off but lacks flair of Bruno
Greer 7
El-Abd 6
Bridge 8 class
Bridcutt 7
Hammond 4 slow and out classed
Orlandi 7

Lua Lua 6 not enough variety
Dobbie 4 slow and out classed just like Hammond
Barnes 6 not his best performance
Subs:

Buckley 8
Dicker 8
Lopez 7
can't see Croft, CMS or the invisible Spanish God having trouble getting back into team when fit

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
these threads crack me up,how anone can give scores like 7/8 to so many av plyers on the night

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Scores - with 6 being average.

Gus - 5 - Wrong starting line up and wrong subs. Unless they were injured Dicker and Buckley should both have started. No forward on subs bench was idiotic as well

Pole - 7 - Solid

Calderon - 6 - Average. Looks slow these days but did create goal. Main problem is that he is not Bruno.
Greer - 5 - Distribution slow and poor.
El Abd - 4 - Distribution slow and poor. As others have said, could have been sent off.
Bridge - 7 - Class. Hampered by Lua Lua.

Lua Lua - 3 - Not match fit. Has lost pace in first yard. No confidence. Feigns injury after making mistakes.
Hammond - 3 - Slow. Limit of passing range appears to be 3 feet. Does not get forward. Poor mans Bridcutt.
Bridcutt - 4 - Very poor for him. Tackled well but passing woefull.
Orlandi - 7- Clear to see he is a class player. Let down by those around him.

Barnes - 3 - No pace. No control. We knew this though. For his size (6 foot) wins little in the air. He has got a shot on him though - he didnt use it last night though.
Dobbie - 4 - At least I can see there is a footballer there. Lets hope it doesn't take Gus a whole season to work out how to use him (as per CMS)

Dicker - 7 - I am not a big fan but he has been good for the last two games.
Buckley - 7 - Our main goalscorer is injured so we leave our goalscoring midfielder on the bench - and then he scores. See Gus score above.

Fans - 7 - Noisierthan average.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
meanwhile the likes of Dicker and Barnes do three or four equally important jobs for the team that go unnoticed because the people who don't rate them don't understand their role in the team,

I think Dicker is OK as a player but perhaps you could explain the role and un-noticed work that Barnes does.

My view on Barnes is as follows:

Good at: Shooting, work rate, moaning at referees

Poor at: Control, beating a man, distribution, awareness, heading (for his size)

seakin

Oct 1, 2012
Dobbie is being played in the wrong position

Kuszczak 6

Calderon 5 Cannot defend on the far post. At fault for goal, could have given a second and third etc etc. Is he ball-watching? How else does his man beat him to the ball?
Greer 4 Distribution is totally awful.
El-Abd 4 Should have been red carded
Bridge 6 Even he was average

Bridcutt 5 What is going on?
Hammond 4
Orlandi 7 Better

Lua Lua 2 At fault for goal and had nightmare
Dobbie 5 Two chances and the team have played terribly around him so have to reserve judgement. Don't know how he fits into our play though
Barnes 5

Subs:

Buckley 7 Yet again our only player that threatens
Dicker 6 Once again looking good. Is it because everyone else is so bad?
Lopez 5

Confidence has gone from high to low in the space of 2 games at exactly the same time as last year. Gus sort it out.

Dobbie is aclass player and needs time to settle-he is being played in the wrong position...he plays behind the striker and links the midfield with attacks well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here