Kuczschak - 7
Calderon - 5 - Ipswich knew he couldn't defend from last season
Bridge - 6
Greer - 5
El-Abd - 5
Bridcutt - 5
Hammond - 4 - Not better than Sparrow
Orlandi - 7 - MoM
KLL - 4 - At fault for their goal, impact player from the bench only.
Dobbie - 5 - Very disappointing. If Dobbie is the answer I really do not know what the question is based on his current form.
Barnes - 5

Dicker - 6 - Looks good when he's got time and space (e.g. other team tiring)
Buckley - 7
Lopez - Not enough time

Matt Sparrow should have been given an opportunity.....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuszczak 7 - One great save with his feet, another good palm of a shot that was going wide, but he was under pressure and redirected it to Bridge to start the counter, but struggled with the conditions on a couple of "easy" collections
Calderon 6 - An extra point for the persistence that led to the goal, otherwise a performance only worthy of a 5, despite Greer not passing to him again.
Greer 2.5 - All the while he refuses to use all his team mates, I refuse to give him all his marks. Again never passed to Calderon, which allowed Ipswich to step off of Calderon and pack the midfield and defence, concentrate their defence on the left where most of our attacks came from, again. Not "We never get the ref's decisions" never, but actual never. Other than that his passing was terrible both in the ones he went for and his ability to complete them, taking too long on the ball to decide and then not doing anything with it.
El Abd 5 - Gave the ball away too much, was passed the ball and backed away from it just inviting ipswich to go for it.
Bridge 6.5 - Like Saturday, one of the few to show a hunger for the ball or any sense of wanting to make something happen.
Lualua 5 - I know I'm not alone in noticing his complete lack of pace, or his lack of desire to use it to get behind the man. I understand him starting, shown promise off the bench against tired opponents, and he's more comfortable on the left, but he didn't really push for a regular start with that performance.
Bridcutt 6 - Gave the ball away a lot, but unlike some others, he made the effort to win it back.
Hammond 4 - Completely lost. Pass after past went astray, he seems to have no idea what his role is.
Orlandi 6 - some good crosses, unfortunately no one there to get on the end of them
Dobbie 5 - Not great. Too often he didn't react to a ball near him, or seemed to wait for the ball to come to him, allowed Ipswich to steal it, some good movement and skills at time just trying to do too much
Barnes 6 - Did as much as he could when not getting delivery, worked hard in a different position to what he's used to. Perhaps we missed him in defence and midfield at times.

Subs
Dicker 6 - Tidy, sprayed the passes around, made some of our attacks a bit more direct (supplying wingers directly rather than via another player as we seemed to try a lot)
Buckley 6 - Scrappy goal, tried to get behind, but crosses from the left didn't test the keeper or were to empty areas.
Lopez 5.5 - Good work on the wing to get the ball into the box for Calderon to force it through for Buckley, but not imposing himself much or doing anything to force us to take notice.

Generally speaking I thought we missed CMS more in this game. v Birmingham I didn't see us do anything and thought "CMS would have got on the end of that", but tonight I did.
Too many of our players were too casual with passing and collecting passes, we seemed too slow to react, and showed no awareness of where team mates or opponents were.
This, like birmigham, wasn't a failure of the system, it was a failure of the people to execute it to it's full potential (which will never happen if your centre back NEVER passes to his right back, especialy an attack minded one, forcing all attacks to start on the left making us predictable, forcing key players to come over to a side they are not as comfortable with, and shrinking the area our opponents have to cover).
Saturday v birmingham was frustrating, but felt like one of those things. Tonight, it was more frustrating because it felt like it was more our players not doing their job properly.

Still,
we got a point after going behind - a first for this season
We got a goal and a point with Painter on the bench - another first
Other results mean we only drop to third, given we were only top on goal difference, that's pretty good
Bruno should be back on saturday, meaning we'll use the whole team and the whole pitch
Pie was good.
It was 37 minutes until the stand song started, it died out quickly, and wasn't sung much after that
More game time for Dobbie - I think he will come good
More game time for Lopez who looks like he needs it to get the best from him

Well said and the bit about Greer was spot on. He hasn't ever consistently used Calderon and he seemed in a stinking mood last night which emanates through the hold team.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Kuszczak 7.5 - Poor kicking at times, amazing save in the 46th minute. Could do nothing with the goal.
Calderon 6 - He's not Bruno, but he tries. Could have done better with their goal, but a good assist for ours.
Greer 5 - Poor distribution from the back, fannied about with a cross early in the 2nd half and Kuszczak got him out of trouble.
El Abd 5 - Played ok, but distribution was too slow. Should have been sent off for two bad tackles late on.
Bridge 6.5 - Not his best game, but a threat going forward.
Orlandi 8 - Really good. Some great tricks and flicks, deserved MOM.
Bridcutt 7 - Good.
Hammond 5 - His worst game for us, but i like him, he's a good addition to the squad.
Dobbie 6.5 - Great link up at times, has a great ability to get the ball in space and turn. He will get plenty of assists playing in behind CMS.
Lua Lua 4 - Woefull. It hurt to watch the player we once thought to be one of our best playing like that. Hopefully a one off.
Barnes 7 - Really good in the second half. Battled well and showed the most passion out of the lot, deserved a goal.

Dicker 5 - Slowed the game down, not what was needed, left me praying for HARLEY!
Buckley 8 - Rescued a point. Great player.
David Lopez 6 - Neat and tidy, not enough time, but was involved in the goal.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Very similar performance to Brum. Ipswich showed a little more attacking intent than Brum. Poorly defended cross that gave away the goal and not enough movement when we had the ball.
Kuzchack 7
Calde 5 Poor defending Greer 6 poor pass that led to El Abd getting booked otherwise may have got 7
El Abd 6
Bridge 7
Bridcutt 6- tackled very well, passing a little wayward
Hammond 5
Orlandi 7 Better with every game
Dobbie 5 Tried hard, but did not happen for him
Lua Lua 5 Could not get past their right back but kept trying.
Barnes 6

Buckley 8 Game changing performance
Dicker 7 Did well
Lopez 6 But did well with Calde in setting up goal

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are you on Crack?

totally agree. Last night was one of Adam's worst ever performances as a 1st team player for us.

Distribution was woeful - must have made a dozen passes which either went out of play of straight to the opposition; plus he should have been sent off in the second half.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
kooshack 7
calderon 5
greer 5
El Abd 6
Bridge 7
Lua Lua 3
Hammond 5
Bridcutt 7
Orlandi 7
Dobbie 6
Barnes 4

Buckley 7
Dicker 6
Lopez - not enough time on pitch

How the f*** does Bridcutt get a 7 or are you marking out of 20. That was possibly his worst performance in an Albion shirt!(although he was better than some others)

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Kuzsczak - 7 - Distribution is still a concern, but a couple of good saves.
Calderon - 5 - Caught wrong side of Murphy on 3 occasions. Did not do anything going forward apart from the assist for goal.
Greer - 5 - Kept Chopra quiet but did not attack space in front of him to draw Ipswich out.
El-Abd - 5 - Ditto Greer.
Bridge - 7.5 - Looked our best defender and attacker.
Bridcutt - 5 - Normally so reliable. Last night was his worst for a long time. Gave ball away and caught in possession too often.
Hammond - 5 - Ditto Bridcutt.
Orlandi - 5 - offered no width on the right. Poor delivery.
Dobbie - 5 - First touch looked good, but not a lot else after that!
Lua Lua - 4 - Should have scored after 30 secs. Edwards had him in his pocket after that.
Barnes - 6.5 - Held ball up well. Not much to go on by poor service.

Buckley - 7.5 - Changed the game when he came on.
Dicker - 6.5 - better distribution that Bridcutt & Hammond tonight.
Lopez - 6 - Good reverse pass for goal. Other than that was anonymous.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Kuszczak 7 - solid as ever. Rescued a point with a late save at close range.

Calde 5 - was getting turned at the far post all night, responsible for their goal, and almost let them in for a second in the 2nd half.

Greer 6 - defended reasonably well, but didn't pass the ball well.

El Abd 4 - very poor display be his own high standards. Once again we ended up with him as the man to pass the ball out of defence, and he had something of a nightmare in this regard. Must have misplasced a dozen passes on the night. Plus, was lucky not to see red near the end.

Bridge 7 - worked tirelessly in defence and on the wing. Lua Lua seemed to be in the way at times, stopping his forward progress.

Bridcutt 5 - Not a great game - made some useful interceptions as usual, but passing was poor.

Hammond 5 - Seemed off the pace, lost possession a number of times, and didn't get forward at all.

Orlandi 7.5 My MoM. In the first half seemed to be the only person who cared, and was also running the game. Not as infuencial in the 2nd half, but still worked hard.

Lua Lua 4 - Very odd performance. Other than his wardward shot in the first couple of minutes (rarely got forward in the wide position). Seemed to lose confidence very quickly once he realised that the full-back was able to keep up with him, and resorted standing still, doing step-overs and passing back to Bridge. I seriously think that he only looks good because he comes on against tiring defences in the 2nd half of games, when his tricks / pace is effective.

Dobbie 6 looked good at times - got off a number of shots, most of which were blocked, including almost scoring with an effort than looped off a defenders foot agonisingly past the post, with the keeper stranded.

Barnes 6 - a bit 'meh' for me. Did nothing exceptional - moaned quite a lot about potential fouls, but worked hard.

Lopez 6 - looked useful in the short period on the pitch and was involved in the build up to our goal.

Dicker 7 - Had plenty of time on the ball, and passed well. Looked solid.

Buckley 7.5 Similar impact to Dicker, but gets an extra 0.5 for the goal.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Dicker 5 - Slowed the game down said:
Are you joking? There was one time when he couldn't go forward because there was zero movement. What about his first time balls through to Lopez and Buckley. I thought he was the only oe who didn't dawdle on it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
El Abd's worst game for us since Gus took over. Easily. I love the man but something was badly wrong with him last night, passing was awful and was very lucky not to be sent off, 2nd to every single tackle.

Generally agree with most other marks although find it bizarre so many people are marking Buckley above Dicker. Dicker was very, very good when he came on, changed that game as we finally had someone through the middle of midfield willing to take the ball forward and play some smart through balls. Far better than Hammond and a big reason why we had some impetus in the final 15 minutes.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Must just be me that thought orlandi was utter cack last night. Unless the fact he was given mom brainwashed people into thinking he had a good game.
Bridge and Kazenga combined effort for their goal, which was pretty shambolic. Lualua deserves no points as he contributed nothing positive whatsoever. Greer was clearly a negative influence on the team last night and could have cost us the game with that ridiculous pass in the 90th. Not sure he is good enough to lead us to promotion.
Hammond also needs to sort his act out fast. We can blame it on cms being out all we like, but there was minimal service from the midfield anyway.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
kooshack 7
calderon 5
greer 5
El Abd 6
Bridge 8
Lua Lua 4
Hammond 5
Bridcutt 7
Orlandi 7
Dobbie 6
Barnes 2 Was he playing?

Buckley 7
Dicker 7 Great when he came on.
Lopez - 6 Did not do a lot.

I believe Dicker has been a great player for us this season, he seems to have become a much better player since last season.

Barnes is a waste of time at the moment - I really do not see what he brings to the team. He has no pace, I cannot remember seeing him beat his man, and his control has gone recently. Out of frustration he seems to grab hold of whoever tackles him.

Not sure what Lopez will add to the team but when we have seen a bit more of him I guess we will find out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here