Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Tomas-7- usual consistency from Tomasz
Calde -6- got beat by their left winger for the goal but assisted ours
Greer -6- passing a bit wayward
El Abd -6- think he lunges in too often when not needed
Bridge -7- made good runs down left and defends well
Bridcutt -6- not influencing game like usual
Hammond -4- terrible! Slow! Unenthusiastic ! Let him go for a reason! Bring back crofts ASAP!
Orlandi -6- didn't do too much wrong
Lua lua - 5- impressive sub performances of late but perhaps he is better to come off bench and influence game. Didn't work for him starting today
Dobbie - 6- improvement from B'ham game. Needs match fitness
Barnes -8- won a lot of 50/50s and played his heart out. Ipswich fans I spoke to we're impressed with him

Dicker -6- a lot better than Hammond. Seems to have more of a prescence
Lopez -5- game seems to pass him by.
Buckley -7- gives us width and more options going forward

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
kooshack 8
calderon 6
greer 5 Very quiet on the pitch!
El Abd 4 Was the only player unmarked by Ipswich when we had the ball from defence, not good!
Bridge 7 Made all the right moves but wasn't passed to by KLL and others.
Lua Lua 3 Didn't look confident or positive at any point.
Hammond 5
Bridcutt 6 Marked out of it.
Orlandi 5
Dobbie 6 Still trying to click with the team.
Barnes 7 Showed all day and good link up.

Buckley 7
Dicker 8 His thought process seem faster then the rest when he came on.
Lopez - 7 Think this guy is going to be class in about a month or two.

Need to make much more of corners.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Kuszczak 9 - not sure he could have done anything more?!

Calderon 5 - looked slightly out of place
Greer 3 - lacks the ability to Push forward
El-Abd 1 dreadful game. Should have been taken off early on
Bridge 7 - not his best but solid

Bridcutt 4 - bad game for Bridcutt. 0-1 and we keep a defensive midfielder on
Hammond 5 - slow
Orlandi 8 - good first half

Lua Lua 4 - lacks variety. Running into too many players
Dobbie 6 - didn't have much of a look tonight
Barnes 6 - same as dobbie

Subs:

Buckley 8 solid performance
Dicker 6. Not a fan of dicker but didn't do much wrong
Lopez 7 good build up to the goal

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Difficult to rate as I thought we were set up all wrong again as per Birmingham.

Two may in midfield all getting in each others way Orlandi continually cut in side and made us narrow.

We had no purpose continually overpassed it allowing the Ipswich defence to be set and allways facing the play.

Barnes is not a leader of the line he finds spaces and is good running onto the ball, we desperately need a physical player up front to play off.

Teams are going to play like that against us alot and Gus needs to work out a better system.

Kuszczak 7
Calderon 6
Greer 6
El Abd 6
Bridge 7
Lua Lua 5
Hammond 5
Bridcutt 6
Orlandi 6
Dobbie 5
Barnes 5

Buckley 7
Dicker 6
Lopez 6

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The buck stops with Poyet in the last couple of games. Too predictable and lacking the most important signing, a big striker. You can't blame Barnes and Dobbie for stopping running when they were NEVER hit early or throught the middle. We've been found out I'm afraid and without CMS' workrate we look very ordinary.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I think teams have got us sussed and have figured out how to top us playing the type of football we're good at ... and as last season we seem to have no Plan B. Regarding the corners, the majority weren't bad but we have no one to make anything from them. We really really need that target man up front as part of a Plan B. I'm going to get harangued for saying it, but the fact is we need someone exactly like Glenn Murray.

That was the worst I have seen us play for a very long time. Truly awful. Professional footballers should know how to pass to players in the same colour shirt.

Our movement was far too slow again. We should be moving the ball upfield much much quicker. And we need to test the goalie. No shots, no fecking goals.

Pole in the goal 7. Couple of good saves, but spilled one shot which could easily have been a second goal for the Tractor Boys.
Calderon 5. At fault for the goal. Did little else of note other than have a hand in our goal.
Greer 5. At least two passes direct to Ipswich players. Not good enough.
ElAbd 5. Not one of his best games.
Bridge 7. Not quite at his best, but one of the few to come away with his reputation untarnished. And our most potent attacking threat for much of the game.
Bridcutt 5. Passing off. Did not influence the game in his usual way.
Hammond 4. Very poor; slow; passing was rubbish.
Orlandi 8. Some sublime passes and moves, but his team-mates were often not on the same wavelength. Gets a 9 for his first half performance, but faded in the second when he gets a 7 until subbed. Hope his injury is not too bad.
LuaLua 2. Missed one clear-cut chance in about the 2nd minute and his game went downhill from there. Unable to beat his man; unable to pass to a Brighton player. Awful. Only gets a 2 for a decent shot just before substituted ... which should have been at h/t, not on the hour.
Barnes 4. Very poor game.
Dobbie 4. Equally poor.

Subs:
Buckley 8. Showed what being a winger was all about. Should have started.
Dicker 8. Big big improvement over Hammond. Some decent passes and tried to move the ball upfield instead of sideways.
David. Not on long enough to rate, but certainly nothing impressive.

Gus 4. Poor team selection. Should have taken KLL off much much earlier. Why drop Dicker after one of his best games for us on Saturday?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Kuszcak - one good save in particular but didn't seem to have the right relationship with defenders a time or two and even seemed to cheat up with Greer. Still, a reasonable performance.
Calderon - had a tough time against a lummox and wasn't trusted to often with the ball. Not a great game for him.
Greer - a few misplaced passes, but he's a centreback so waddya expect. No glaring errors that I recall.
El-Abd - for the second game in a row the opposition sought us to have the ball at his feet whenever possible. Best then when charges forward and the play opens a little. Wrestled a lot and a couple of tackles flung in. Not sure if Dunk as smoother ballplayer warrants the removal of our kungfu hardman.
Bridge - by far a cut above. His guile and workrate a perfect ingredient in the Bridge-Buckley cocktail.
Bridders - didn't boss the show like he can but but no means a disappointment. A decent effort from our midfield rock.
Hammond - a real disappointment two games in the trot now. His touch seems off at the minute and loses possession much more than makes it. A nice step-over and little throughball were the one highlight I recall. Right to substitute.
Orlandi - definitely a smooth operator. Hope we get into his rhythm of things and we get the assists he seems capable of.
LuaLua - me no likey in the starting line-up. Buckley his far superior in flexibility, mobility and footballing intellectualise. A thunderbolt off of the bench and I'd keep him there until he really can call himself a member of our quick-thinking squad.
Barnes - I think he did an alright job. A good touch and strike in the second half. Not commanding but ok.
Dobbie - had a few shots but his Messi-anic status seemed a bit wrongly called. Didn't have a dynamite encounter but I get the sense he'll come good.

Subs - some tool in the northstand shouted HE'S SHIT when Dicker came on. His moving of the ball and appearance all over the place tended to speed up our play. One lost ball, but the rest of the time classy. Was glad to see him confident and slick. Buckley, of course, makes a huge difference. Able to kill or flick a ball and spin pre-gallop. A real gamechanger who I hope never has to rest again. Lopez had not the most time on, but didn't look as out of place as on Saturday. Hope he gets up to speed quickly and strokes some more inch-perfecters.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack 7
Calde 6
Bridge 8
Greer 7
El-Abd 7
Bridcutt 7
Hammond 6
Orlandi 7
LuaLua 5
Barnes 6
Dobbie 5

Buckley 7
Dicker 7
Lopez 5

WTF?

Poor again and fortunate to get a point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 7
Calderon 6
Greer 6
El Abd 6
Bridge 7
Orlandi 7
Bridcutt 6
Hammond 4
Dobbie 6
Lua Lua 5
Barnes 6

Dicker 7
Buckley 7
David Lopez 6

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Agree with most of the views tonight. Dicker and Buckley were good when they came on. Only bridge, Orlandi and Greer above a 6 tonight from the starting 11. Dobbie is absolutely rubbish, I am so disappointing because I thought he was a great signing, it is early days but he doesn't really look that interested to me. WE NEEDS ANOTHER STRIKER!!!

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Tommy K - 7 (Came for a couple of crosses. Superb save at the start of the 2nd half kept us in it) MOM

Calderon - 5 (At fault for the goal. Did not have the same attacking intent as we have seen previously)
Greer - 5 (Lost possession on numerous occasions. Came good at the end with 2 lovely diagonals)
El-Abd - 5 (Muscled Chopra off the ball well. Bad challenges at he end lucky not to be sent off)
Bridge - 6 (Best player in the 1st half. Faded badly in the 2nd)

Bridcutt - 5 (Mr Consistent has had 2 bad games in a row. Need him to find some form as he is crucial to our play)
Hammond - 3 (Worst player on the pitch 2nd/3rd game running. Was slow and gave the ball away a lot)
Lua-Lua - 4 (One trick pony. That trick did not come off once)
Orlandi - 5 (Was ok. Lost out a few times when he could have been stronger. Dangerous set pieces)

Dobbie - 4 (Just not going for him. Dropped deep to have a few shots on goal but obviously does not like a tackle)
Barnes - 3 (I wish he would play the game rather than look for free-kicks and act petulantly. Can be so much better)

Buckely - 7 (In that short period he did as much as anyone else on the pitch)
Dicker - 6 (Good vision. Picked out a couple of great passes including one first time down the right wing which was special)
Lopez - 6 (Good battling run for the goal. Looked more up for it than some others)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Kuszczak 7 - Solid. No chance with goal. Great save early in the second half to keep us in it.

Calderon 5 - Poor. Bruno has showed him up to be a very average player
Greer 5 - Couldn't pass water tonight
El-Abd 3 - Piss Poor. Slowed game down at start to a ridiculous pace. Must have forgot why he got subbed Saturday. Very very lucky not to get two yellows late on. Would not be in the least surprised to see him dropped Saturday.
Bridge 7 - One of the best again. Class shows

Bridcutt 5 - Didn't seem to be at the game
Hammond 4 - Very poor for his standards. Not making much of an argument to keep his place once Crofts is fit
Orlandi 7 - Looked good. Faded in second half but looks a decent player

Lua Lua 0 - Completely useless and a waste of a starting space. Cannot have a word to say if Gus doesn't play him again this year. One good tackle, but what the f*** he was doing being ball boy for Ipswich at the start of the second half that found him out of position and nearly led to a second for Ipswich, only he will know. Selling Noone looks like a mistake on this performance. Someone needs to tell him this is real football, not f***ing FIFA 13. Very disappointing for a player who seems to think he sould be starting every week
Dobbie 6 - Actually thought he did all right, despite the comments on here. Very busy most of the night. Made a few glaring mistakes which I think people have picked up on and hammered him for, but with CMS fit, he could be a very big player for us this year.
Barnes 3 - Still cannot see how this player starts a game for us. Spends more time whining at the ref than he does on the game. Poor. But average for him.

Subs:

Buckley 7 - Looked lively. Seems to have a point to prove for being left out, but after KLL performance can't see him back on the bench for a while
Dicker 8 - MOM and thats saying something considering he was only on the pitch for half an hour.
Lopez 6 - Seems to be finding his feet.

Gus - 0 Sorry but the man is clueless when the oppostion sit back and "park the bus". If we get an early goal and teams have to come out and play, then brilliant, his formation works a treat. If we go behind he appears completely clueless how to change things. Spent more time tonight, moaning at the ref, moaning at the bench when someone did something wrong, then he did leading his team. If anyone still don't think we need a plan B, get the DVD and watch this and the Birmingham games again. It would appear teams have sussed out the formation again, and are reaping the rewards. A touch of Deja Vu. Enjoy being in the top three, its not going to last.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Kusczak - 6
Calderon - 6
Bridge - 6
El-Abd - 6
Greer - 6
Bridcutt - 6
Hammond - 4
Lua Lua - 3
Orlandi - 7 MOTM