Player ratings v Ipswich?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Based on 6 as being the acceptable level for success.

Kuszczack 7 did all that was expected with 1 exceptional save.
Calderon 5 Schoolboy error for their goal generally looked below par.
Greer 6 Did nothing special nothing wrong
El Abd 5 Not his best game good defending sloppy on the ball with his passing
Bridge 7 Defensively sound good getting forward.
Lua Lua 4 Poor too predictable. beaten for speed by Edwards every time.
Hammond 4 Not a good game too many passes went astray
Bridcutt 6 Not his best game but still acceptable
Orlandi 8 Good performance , good delivery for set pieces but tired in 2nd half.
Dobbie 7 Tried hard bu let down by those around him not thinking as quickly as him.
Barnes 5 Headless chicken not aware of what is happening around him first touch is awful

Subs:

Buckley 7 Improved the team when he came on and worked hard.
Dicker 7 Comfortable on the ball and steadied the midfield when he was introduced.
Lopez 6 Nothing special but neat and tidy and in the right place when needed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kuszchak, Greer, El Abd, Bridge, Buckley, Bridcutt, Orlandi ... all played well and/or did their jobs well.

Lua Lua, Hammond, Dobbie, Dicker, Barnes, Lopez ... were poor to ineffective. LuaLua's shocking decision making 3 times in the first 5 minutes, set the tone for the night, with Orlandi & Co wasting their time with their skill.

This gave a poor Ipswich team a morale boost.

The easier 6 points, yielded 1 ..... and now a run of some bloody hard games begin. Chance lost.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
kuz - 8, great save start of second half

calderon - 6, out of position for goal, and on two other occasions but set up the goal
el abd - 6, gave ball away > 10 times and at least 5 hoofs, but was good in blocking/tackling
greer - 7, composed
bridge - 7.5, faded towards end, possibly tired but looked a class above on occassions

lua lua - 4. should have scored in first minute, didn't look confident, gave ball away for goal
bridcutt - 7.5, composed, still giving ball away too much though
hammond - 5, looked slow today
orlandi - 8. very quick and sharp passing

dobbie - 2. awful, unfit, slow terrible touch

barnes - 5. not a lone striker :(

dicker and buckley were v good though, 8s each.

2?! That is way too much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Dicker is OK as a player but perhaps you could explain the role and un-noticed work that Barnes does.

My view on Barnes is as follows:

Good at: Shooting, work rate, moaning at referees

Poor at: Control, beating a man, distribution, awareness, heading (for his size)

Control has been improving steadily since he joined us. His control is far superior to CMS's for example. His awareness I would say is very good, Vicente was always picking him out when on the pitch. Distribution again I would say has improved massively since joining, and he's often a part of our best passing moves.

He is also works very very hard, tracking back more than whoever is on the wing on the other side, is willing to get stuck in, takes a good penalty and is very willing to do whatever Gus asks of him.

So, quite a lot, really.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average match Ratings

Kuszczak 7.03
Bridge 6.65
Orlandi 6.65
Bridcutt 5.56
Calderon 5.51
Greer 5.28
El Abd 5.20
Dobbie 5.13
Barnes 4.97
Hammond 4.57
Lualua 4.06

Subs
Buckley 7.12
Dicker 6.51
David 5.86

Team Average: 5.72

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
So from the starting line up of outfield players orlandi was MOTM then?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Does this mean I can't do ratings now? :lolol:

lol at people not rating Dicker. Terrible opinions.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I do add any late ratings to my sheet, but don't tend to update on the thread, so if you want to add them, you can, and they will count.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Control has been improving steadily since he joined us. His control is far superior to CMS's for example. His awareness I would say is very good, Vicente was always picking him out when on the pitch. Distribution again I would say has improved massively since joining, and he's often a part of our best passing moves.

He is also works very very hard, tracking back more than whoever is on the wing on the other side, is willing to get stuck in, takes a good penalty and is very willing to do whatever Gus asks of him.

So, quite a lot, really.

The criticism I have is that Gary Dicker loses the ball too often, too right-footed and predictable, which makes it easy for a marking defender. I am not so sure that this applied in the Ipswich match though.

Alas he could not repeat his limited repertoire of corners against Birmingham (two which came off and should have produced better) cause Ipswich had watched the video.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports