Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off Final - Girlfriend not letting me go

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Hello,

I shall be in another country during the play-off final. Now, if we get there my girlfriend is adamant I can't go. Actually quite aggressive that I can't go at all as it is "nothing more than men kicking one ball around", what should I do, short of ditching her?

Seriously mate i have a gf like this, compains if ive had a drink ( not excessive amounts, doesnt drink herself) ways some sort of drama over v little. Seriously mate tell her to f*** OFF. You got one life, dont let it be dictated to by some f***ing twat

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
* ALways some sort of drama i wanted to say. But seriously if she cant see how much that means to you then she she's clueless. Im struggling with a gf like this. If any situation she moans about was reversed i'd just offer encouragement, understand the situation. Some women are unbeliveably immovable and insensitive about certain things. Selfish maybe, ignorant definately. Tell her how it is mate. If she doesnt like it, start looking for someone that is more tolerant and understanding

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Hello,

I shall be in another country during the play-off final. Now, if we get there my girlfriend is adamant I can't go. Actually quite aggressive that I can't go at all as it is "nothing more than men kicking one ball around", what should I do, short of ditching her?

Have you looked at the table recently ,with 12 games to go there is still alot of water to flow under the bridge

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
* ALways some sort of drama i wanted to say. But seriously if she cant see how much that means to you then she she's clueless. Im struggling with a gf like this. If any situation she moans about was reversed i'd just offer encouragement, understand the situation. Some women are unbeliveably immovable and insensitive about certain things. Selfish maybe, ignorant definately. Tell her how it is mate. If she doesnt like it, start looking for someone that is more tolerant and understanding

Your GF must be incredible in the bedroom jogging department

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I first met my Mrs I told her the rules are this; I am a Brighton fan and you will never ever stop me watching them. Been with her 30 years. She knows the rules!!:D

Same and never had a single argument about it. Mind you she regularly goes horse racing without me. She doesn't like football and I'm not too keen on horse racing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The truth is somewhere in the middle. Inevitably there is a lot of macho posturing on NSC in a competition of MAN of the forum so accept this. She must mean a lot to you to move to another country and start a life together as yes , for her, it is only a game of football. She DOES NOT understand. So you need to be clever and not give the " f*** you I am going " line. Well you could, if you want it to end. You need to explain how important it is to you, that if she loves you, she will let you go and you will be thinking of her and will be back , and all, that Jazz. You must make a stand though and go, if it is that important to you as said though. Just need to be clever.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Hello,

you need to explain to her how important this game is. if she doesn't appreciate this then go anyway - if it means the end of the relationship -you my friend have had a lucky escape.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Sadly I am moving in with her a month prior to the final, in another country. She isn't letting me return here until the start of next season.

You really need to put your foot down mate!! What country is it?

I have just moved back to Denmark for my second stint and the bird wouldn't dream of trying to get me to miss footie. Her birthday is on the same day as the Palace game and even though she doesn't want me to go I'd only get a bit of stick if I do.

Shame I've just got the new job and can't get the time off work ahhhh.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Hello,

Just ignore her and go anyway. Stop being such a pussy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Should we make the final, my advice would be to talk to her and promise her something!

Alternatively if you do want to finish with her, tell her you've sought advice from NSC and show her this thread........

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
:D:D
Yep, he could always stand up to her........then he would get chucked out.......how ironic would that be. :wink:
We know he won't stand up to her. From his views on standing at football to North Korea he's proved he's a mindless automaton, only happy when he's blindly obeying petty rules and being told what to do. She's the Authority and you DON'T question Authority, much less disobey it.

But yeah, richly ironic! :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Football isn't worth losing the right girl over. Obviously the right girl would never let you miss a play-off final, so ditch that bitch.

More than just a football match at stake here-take heed the warning.

Actually your only love is MISS ALBION,if she goes to London in May,then you best be with her,for your sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here