Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off Final - Girlfriend not letting me go

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

You are a harsh mate and I have been on the receiving end quite a few times but there may be a grain of truth in what you say.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Not at all, insult lifted from his opinion of ANYONE who stands up at football matches in the stewarding thread. I'll be absolutely delighted to not be attending the same match as this shitstain in may (if we get there)

Try Tampax Pearl, may help.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's your doing! Im going to Scotland with my girlfriend in May - leaving the day after the last playoff semi and returning the day before the final. This was booked in December. It's called planning ahead, don't blame her.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You have no choice but to give her the boot mate

Hold on there. She is out of order but does she think like 99% of Women. YES. Football is not worth a wank to them so I can sort of see where she is coming from. She doe's not get it so far better to state his case first. After all if he was prepared to move abroad with her, you would hope there is a strong bond to do that ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hold on there. She is out of order but does she think like 99% of Women. YES. Football is not worth a wank to them so I can sort of see where she is coming from. She doe's not get it so far better to state his case first. After all if he was prepared to move abroad with her, you would hope there is a strong bond to do that ?

Explain to us where she is coming from then. Football may not be worth a wank to her, but him going back to England for a few days is hardly going to cause her any serious hardship or inconvenience is it. It's a control thing; any man who gives in to shit like that just sends a message to his bird that she could do better than him, and ultimately, she'll dump him in an effort to do just that.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
She was already concerned enough that I would moving out there a week later than I was meant to due to Crystal Palace match.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Explain to us where she is coming from then. Football may not be worth a wank to her, but him going back to England for a few days is hardly going to cause her any serious hardship or inconvenience is it. It's a control thing; any man who gives in to shit like that just sends a message to his bird that she could do better than him, and ultimately, she'll dump him in an effort to do just that.

That is quite cynical. It could mean she loves him and does not to be without him which in a way is quite lovely, we however have painted her out to be a bitch without really being privy to the full facts.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You see we have only had his imput, not hers in anyway, so until we get the full facts I will hold judgement in totally laying her to waste as had been done on here.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Sadly I am moving in with her a month prior to the final, in another country. She isn't letting me return here until the start of next season.

I don't get it. You're "moving to another country" before the play-off but you are "returning at the start of next season"?

This isn't "moving to another country" this is spending the summer on a jolly abroad shacked up with some bint (who won't let you watch the footy.)

Unless I've read it wrong and you are actually emigrating (ie living and working) to said country. In which case you've already decided that B&HA don't mean enough to you to stop you from moving abroad and as such you should get used to being so far away from Blighty and your beloved team sooner rather than later.

I myself will be watching said game (if we are there) on a dodgy internet stream probably with Arabic commentary at daft o'clock in the morning because I actually have properly "moved to another country".

You will have to make sacrifices when you move abroad and accepting that you won't be able to watch The Seagulls as much as you would like is one of them.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Years & years ago I had a cat in a flat I shared with my girlfriend I hated the bastard thing so gave her an ultimatum, it's me or the cat she said it's me , ever since then I've hated cats & ultimatums I've no idea if this story as any relation to this thread but there you go

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
After 32 years of marriage I've worked out that I can get away with anything as long as I put it on the calendar in advance. The Missus just wants to know how much food to buy. I've already got all the Sussex cricket fixtures on the calendar.
If you don't assert yourself now you have many years of resentment ahead of you and your marriage will eventually fail.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Here's an only semi-related thought. If the final table ended up as it stands now we would be looking at the possibility of a Brighton v Palace playoff final. Obviously I would have to bag a ticket and go but that actually has the look of being one of the least attractive games ever to physically watch. With the stakes so high it would be like Hereford all over again. I suspect I'd be watching through my fingers the whole match.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yeah, she knew that. I tried to get her into the game by buying her a shirt/scarf/hat and watching the Watford and Newcastle game stream. She had none of it *sigh* the only chance I have of going is if I can take her cousin, but I am afraid she won't be happy with me spending a couple of days alone with her female cousin in London.

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement regarding the female cousin-you take her to the football and one of us will be her um, 'chaperone' for the remainder of the 2 days. Problem solved.

Oh and buying somebody a shirt/scarf and hat and then watching a stream of 2 games is hardly likely to convert somebody into a football fan is it?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Have you thought about taking it to Facebook and having her agreed if 1,000,000 people like it?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
This is about more than football its about being in a controlling relationship. You really can't let your girlfriend dictate what you can and cannot do - that is no basis for a happy relationship. You should discuss it as 2 equals, then make your decision as an individual. If you decide that her argument is a valid one, then you can decide to go with what she wants. Neither half of a couple has the right to make decisions for the other - that is by definition a controlling relationship.

Yours,
Marge Proops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here