Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber: his best and his worst decision to date - in your opinion.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Agreed back at you but lets not forget that Sussex Police have publicly stated that they didn't really have a problem with it.

thats because sussex police are target lead, with their targets now coming from the pcc, who gets their feedback from local communities. So each district will have their own targets and objectives in relation to crime, be this anti social behaviour, burglaries, car crime etc. Believe it or not, there is not that many people complaining to sussex police about the 'illegal' exchange of football tickets for the albion. unless Barber has a lot of alias'.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I know, just carry on blaming Barber if it suits you.

I've not blamed him for anything, just fascinated by the people backing him when all he's done is warn us that we're making a loss, and put the prices up as a reaction.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've not blamed him for anything, just fascinated by the people backing him when all he's done is warn us that we're making a loss, and put the prices up as a reaction.

I'm not backing him but stating what I heard. I haven't made my mind up about him yet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would have thought that pricing is part of his remit. And how many I ask is that fishing??? Unless you think £2 for a paper cup full of hot water and a spoon full of bovril is fair enough.

I can assure you that catering pricing is entirely the remit of the contract caterers.

Barber has no direct or indirect input to it beyond setting.the overall profit targets with the caterers and agreeing and monitoring service standards - the two reasons Azure are.no longer there.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Isn't that the right thing to do though?

Maybe?

He's definitely had some good PR training. Lowering everyone's expectations by announcing losses, creating speculation of price increases weeks before any announcements, and then justifying almost all of the price increase on the "travel subsidy" seems to have worked very well in terms of the reaction to the announcement last week. Clever man.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Whether or not you like what he says his efforts to engage fans in debate is excellent I think but the proof of his quality will come from the sponsorship deals he manages.to tie down and the P&L account

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I would have thought that pricing is part of his remit. And how many I ask is that fishing??? Unless you think £2 for a paper cup full of hot water and a spoon full of bovril is fair enough.

I csn assure you that catering pricing is entirely the remit of the conyract caterers.

Barber has no direct or indirect input to it beyond setting.the overall profit targets with the caterers and agreeing and monitoring service standards - the two reasons Azure are.no longer there.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The next two. Those soon to be released (Pre-Barber) and those released in Spring 2014 (post Barber)

It's not so much when he started, as when his first marketing plan kicks in. The club is probably still operating to a plan that was instigated before he arrived, unless he came in and tore everything up after five minutes - which he almost certainly didn't. I think the more telling one will be the year after - when his own schemes and schmoozing properly kick in. (Jul 2013 - June 2014).

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's not so much when he started, as when his first marketing plan kicks in. The club is probably still operating to a plan that was instigated before he arrived, unless he came in and tore everything up after five minutes - which he almost certainly didn't. I think the more telling one will be the year after - when his own schemes and schmoozing properly kick in. (Jul 2013 - June 2014).

It certainly will be more telling, but I can't think of that many professions where you get a 2 year probation and don't get judged in that time!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The club have been very dense to ignore the student population.

Their first effort was laughable.

They don't seem to be very good at ensuring the seats are full. Whether that be pricing or complacency.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Get Gullys Girls back and he'd appease a fair number of fans. Frankly bizarre decision which he has never explained properly, any questioning on the subject and he gets all cagey and overly defensive - odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here