Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber: his best and his worst decision to date - in your opinion.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Not a clue if it is down to him but charging £34 for the last block of the east stand next to the away stand is f***ing criminal. Horrific view of the pitch. There's a reason its always empty.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His logic for the GG's decision just doesn't ring true.

Alternative 'accusations' offered on this thread just don't tally. The original arrests were Nov 2011, charges were brought in March 2012 and Barber didn't join us until June 2012.
The change from Gully's Girls to Gully's Group was in the Autumn of 2012. I doubt that there was a connection despite rumours. Maybe his assertations that there were 'leering middle aged men' in the stands is true?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
His logic for the GG's decision just doesn't ring true.

Indeed, the reasons given are flimsy and laughable. It seems obvious there must be more to it. Personnally I don't believe PB is to blame, although part of his job is to take the responsibility.

Everything beyond that is just speculation.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Alternative.... ......Maybe his assertations that there were 'leering middle aged men' in the stands is true?

Not sure it's wise to even allude to this on NSC. And anyhow it's too far a leap to make.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not a clue if it is down to him but charging £34 for the last block of the east stand next to the away stand is f***ing criminal. Horrific view of the pitch. There's a reason its always empty.

How can the view from there be described 'Horrific', pricey yes, horrific no. It is that sort of hyperbole that makes some of our criticisms of the club seem ridiculous.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are they though? I saw plenty of comments on here that others objected to, because the girls themselves could read it.

I think they are. If they are not then I really have to review my viewpoint on how the club sees it's supporters.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
How can the view from there be described 'Horrific', pricey yes, horrific no. It is that sort of hyperbole that makes some of our criticisms of the club seem ridiculous.

I've only sat in that area once, purely for a different view of the match. My direct view forward was not even on the pitch. I wouldn't have minded £28 to sit their but for the extra £6 you expect something a little better. Its wrong that the club haven't changed the pricing for that area.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Best - I have feeling that this is yet to come in securing a decent sponsorship deal for next season. Also keeping the monthly intrest free direct debit for STH unlike alot of other clubs and keeping the rise to a minimum

Worst - If he had a hand in NSC ticket exchange closure but I not sure that was his decision

If the worst thing, in many peoples minds is the GG issue then IMHO he is doing ok. I really couldn't be bothered if a load of average cheerleaders/dancers prance about on match days to be honest.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've only sat in that area once, purely for a different view of the match. My direct view forward was not even on the pitch. I wouldn't have minded £28 to sit their but for the extra £6 you expect something a little better. Its wrong that the club haven't changed the pricing for that area.

That is a separate issue and one in which we are in agreement. Given that in the west stand there are different pricing options for the wings, I find it odd that this is not the case in the East stand. By not doing so and having that final block at £34 the club had tied their own hands regarding the placement of away supporters, and I'm not sure that was particularly well thought out.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That is a separate issue and one in which we are in agreement. Given that in the west stand there are different pricing options for the wings, I find it odd that this is not the case in the East stand. By not doing so and having that final block at £34 the club had tied their own hands regarding the placement of away supporters, and I'm not sure that was particularly well thought out.

Isn't this the block that is going to be the new family stand? It seems strange to have it next to the away supporters! I agree that it is strange that the ESL is all one price, whereas the WSL is in bands according to how close you are to the centre line.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Isn't this the block that is going to be the new family stand? It seems strange to have it next to the away supporters! I agree that it is strange that the ESL is all one price, whereas the WSL is in bands according to how close you are to the centre line.

I think it is, which will address the pricing issue in that area at last.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The northmost of the 2 blocks will be Family Stand II. The block directly next to the away end will be match-by-match general sales, or the Student Block if it's a match where the student discount ticketting will apply.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Ticket prices really aren't that bad.

At £28, our cheapest match day ticket is the most expensive in the division, and more expensive than half of the Premiership! And our cheapest season ticket is the fourth most expensive!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
At £28, our cheapest match day ticket is the most expensive in the division, and more expensive than half of the Premiership! And our cheapest season ticket is the fourth most expensive!
Ok, perhaps I should replace "bad" with "unreasonable". If the stadium is close to filling every single game then they're priced correctly to match supply and demand. If they were £10 cheaper then the club would sell maybe 200 more per game, and then lose £10 of revenue on the other 2,000 seats that would have been filled anyway. I'd rather the club made sound economics decisions and spent good money on transfers than subsidise first-come-first-serve ticket buyers and neglect to invest in the squad.

The cheapest season tickets average to about £19 a game I think? I'd consider that very good value for money.

All the league comparison tells me is how much other clubs are struggling to sell their seats.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's a bit further down if you consider that for the majority of us, transport to and from the stadium is free, inc. free parking at the park and rides. Even if you did a cheap fare or carpark anywhere else, say £4 return or same for parking, on a 23 game season that would be £92 added to your season ticket. Take that £92 off, and it's the 13th or so least expensive. Same applies to the most expensive.

For some, they are getting free travel from Haywards Heath, Shoreham etc., which should be £6.50 return each game which is £150 saved in transport per season.

Not everyone uses the transport, however we all benefit, and for a large majority the included transport does make it good value.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Best decision = yet to be announced (sponsorship deals)
Worst decision = Letting ERNEST become a STEWARD and allow him to EJACULATE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here